`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People not answering trade requests.

RE: People not answering trade requests.
Maybe Beckett should take the Time to set up a otification about trades . i mean when i sign into beckett if i have a PM theres a bright yellowish little line across the screen says i got a message why cant it do the same for trades ???? . i never look in my trade area unless i know i have to .. its about lack of notification for most my first reaction when i come to the site is to see what new posts are up and what new stuff has been listed or if i have any messages, NOT wondering if anyone sent me a trade offer ...
Looking for Magic the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar - FOILS only !!!
if your willing to trade send me a mesage of what u have that i need ..
also have some sports cards as well i can offer in return if need be ..

(01-31-2012, 10:04 PM)DMentdEntertainment Wrote: to be honest, me personally, I didn't know I had requests because I always log straight into the forum. I didn't realize I had trade requests because I didn't get any kind of notifications unless I actually go to the trade page.
+1111111 if becket had an app for a smartphone you would get a "push" notice when ya get a trade request.... Ive had people track me down in my posts to let me know I have a trade request .... I always forget to check that tab...... when you get a PM there is a yellow bar across the top of the forum.... why don't trade requests do that to?

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

EVERY TIME SOMEONE SENDS AN OFFER OR POSTS A COMMENT IN MY TRADE PAGE AN EMAIL IS SENT TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL INCLUDING WHO IT IS FROM AND WHAT IS SAID. IT IS A GOOD REMINDER TO CHECK MY TRADES.
[Image: lions99.jpg]
BUCKET BELOW

http://s799.photobucket.com/albums/yy278/tracy08606/

always looking to trade or buy! I AM NOW SELLING ONLY WHAT IS IN ORG.

(02-01-2012, 06:16 AM)2tradeornot2trade Wrote: Maybe Beckett should take the Time to set up a otification about trades . i mean when i sign into beckett if i have a PM theres a bright yellowish little line across the screen says i got a message why cant it do the same for trades ???? . i never look in my trade area unless i know i have to .. its about lack of notification for most my first reaction when i come to the site is to see what new posts are up and what new stuff has been listed or if i have any messages, NOT wondering if anyone sent me a trade offer ...
It's on the 'suggestion' list - hopefully they can do something to that effect.

As others have said, you can adjust your notifications ("My Account" at the top of the page) so that you get an email whenever you get a trade offer/counter/etc.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(02-01-2012, 09:13 AM)ceocards Wrote: It's on the 'suggestion' list - hopefully they can do something to that effect.

As others have said, you can adjust your notifications ("My Account" at the top of the page) so that you get an email whenever you get a trade offer/counter/etc.
perfect...why didnt i check that box i wonder...well i will now.
Smile
thanks ceocards!!
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I know I'm in the minority here, but I just dont like the way trading works on here. I trade on 2 other sites and I dont have to enter each card individually on the others - i have a database i created that i can export my lists directly to a PM or post. and I do 20X more trades on the other sites becuase my lists are prety much up to date there. So unfortunately, many of my cards I trade elsewhere are still listed on here, and when people make a trade offer, inevitably, there's a couple cards they want that are gone. It would be a full time job keeping my db up to date, my org here up to date, and my bucket up to date. I would love to have an import/export function here but I know that will never happen. I tried just maintaining my collection just from within the org here, but again, its a slow process to input cards here, then update the quantities and mark the cards i want to trade.
And therein lies the point here, i get trade requests with cards i no longer have, i delete them from the trade, explain they were traded elsewhere, and send the trade back. 90% of the time they cancel without explanation (other than the useless "card no longer needed" type reasons the system offers)
It would be nice to know the exact reason the trades were cancelled - so lately I have stopped even trying to keep my org up to date, as trades are extremely hard to ome by here and all my efforts to increase trades have failed miserably.
Sorry for the rant but it seemed appropos for the general "lack of trading" point of this thread.
Oh, BTW - i would think people would be able to calculate the differences between the cards they listed as mint and what they would be compared to the ones listed as nrmt-mt. Yeah, i changed mine with bulk fill, to nrmt-mt (which was easy BTW) but i wouldnt turn down a trade offer because someone has all their cards still listed as mint.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(02-01-2012, 07:18 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: if becket had an app for a smartphone you would get a "push" notice when ya get a trade request....
you can set it up to get a message to your email and if you have your email linked to your phone you will get a message that you have a trade/comment on a trade/pm/

(02-01-2012, 06:16 AM)2tradeornot2trade Wrote: Maybe Beckett should take the Time to set up a otification about trades . i mean when i sign into beckett if i have a PM theres a bright yellowish little line across the screen says i got a message why cant it do the same for trades ???? . i never look in my trade area unless i know i have to .. its about lack of notification for most my first reaction when i come to the site is to see what new posts are up and what new stuff has been listed or if i have any messages, NOT wondering if anyone sent me a trade offer ...
I find it strange you dont look in the trade area or wonder if anyone has sent you a trade offer since you do a lot of selling and you have to use the trade page to sell...
(01-31-2012, 11:43 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: Because mine wouldnt be like that. I made it though about 100 cards in that time period because if Im gonna actually go through and do it, im gonna make sure its accurate.
There is no such thing as accurate anymore. Beckett ruined that for us.
I too had all my cards marked with what I believed to be the right condition. But after this I just made them all the same. If someone adds a card that has chipping or an older card that has worn corners I just let them know. Or scan it.
And if a card is marked mint Im not gonna give someone more for it. If it says 12.50 Its a 10 card. Ive gotten pretty good at doing the beckett bv math, lol.

[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(02-01-2012, 02:18 AM)shezdoni Wrote: What, nobody checks their personal email first?, before logging on to beckett? I always get trade notifications in my email, as well as notifications, when a comment is left, in a trade proposal.

To the OMP; a lot of members will just cancel a deal if they see that there are a lot of pages of commons, and stuff that they have to sort through first,

they generally make deal with members that have their organize set up with different folders, for example auto's, Game used, etc...., they just don't have the time to have to go through page after page looking for something they are interested in, especially when the search is as iffy as it is.
I also get the emails, but only check email usually on my phone, so it gets deleted, and then it depends whether I remember the next time I go on Beckett. Agree with poster who said it would be great to have the trade notification "red" number anywhere on the site when you are logged in.
(02-01-2012, 07:18 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: +1111111 if becket had an app for a smartphone you would get a "push" notice when ya get a trade request.... Ive had people track me down in my posts to let me know I have a trade request .... I always forget to check that tab...... when you get a PM there is a yellow bar across the top of the forum.... why don't trade requests do that to?
Well, the yellow bar is only on the forums screen, which coincides with your inbox. If you never came to the forums, you would have the same issue as others do with trades as you would never see the notification. There should be a little mailbox on the top next to "welcome back xxx" at the top of the screen that lights up or something when you have a PM, and there should be a trade notification that lights up if you have any new messages or offers in the trade function. That will you will always see it, no matter where you are on the site.
(02-01-2012, 10:18 AM)bselje Wrote: I know I'm in the minority here, but I just dont like the way trading works on here. I trade on 2 other sites and I dont have to enter each card individually on the others - i have a database i created that i can export my lists directly to a PM or post. and I do 20X more trades on the other sites becuase my lists are prety much up to date there. So unfortunately, many of my cards I trade elsewhere are still listed on here, and when people make a trade offer, inevitably, there's a couple cards they want that are gone. It would be a full time job keeping my db up to date, my org here up to date, and my bucket up to date. I would love to have an import/export function here but I know that will never happen. I tried just maintaining my collection just from within the org here, but again, its a slow process to input cards here, then update the quantities and mark the cards i want to trade.
And therein lies the point here, i get trade requests with cards i no longer have, i delete them from the trade, explain they were traded elsewhere, and send the trade back. 90% of the time they cancel without explanation (other than the useless "card no longer needed" type reasons the system offers)

It would be nice to know the exact reason the trades were cancelled - so lately I have stopped even trying to keep my org up to date, as trades are extremely hard to ome by here and all my efforts to increase trades have failed miserably.
Sorry for the rant but it seemed appropos for the general "lack of trading" point of this thread.
Oh, BTW - i would think people would be able to calculate the differences between the cards they listed as mint and what they would be compared to the ones listed as nrmt-mt. Yeah, i changed mine with bulk fill, to nrmt-mt (which was easy BTW) but i wouldnt turn down a trade offer because someone has all their cards still listed as mint.
I like it for precisely the reason you dont. Cards are listed right there, with the prices of the cards and I DONT have to search a bucket or go by what someone listed the card as in their own spreadsheets. I can find a card and go right to it to see if someone has it for trade instead of searchign through someones own database. And the reason you probably have a hard time trading here is you dont have your org updated like those who do...If you were up to date and traded like it was intended to, I bet you see more success...I have no problem finding stuff here.
(02-01-2012, 10:32 AM)the great 48 Wrote:

I find it strange you dont look in the trade area or wonder if anyone has sent you a trade offer since you do a lot of selling and you have to use the trade page to sell...
Not surprising in the least with that one...
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

same here dont look at trades often..sorry please pm if you send a trade offer...since it shows up when you go to the forums..
Baseball: Albert Pujols, George Brett
Football: KC Chiefs, 2009 Certified Fabric of The Game
SETS: NFL 2010 Topps Chrome, 2011 Topps Chrome

[Image: cheifs.jpg]

it's not hard to look there or at least set up the basic email as if you're trading, it is entered into the trade manager so people have to use the trade function
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.