`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you...

RE: How many of you...
(12-30-2011, 01:37 PM)908 Wrote: well i was a diehard cardinals fan up until larussa left but alerts always gonna be my mnan because i work out with him but i love the rangers and royals.
Just out of curiousity, how can you be a diehard fan, then stop bc tony left? lol.

Sounds more like a fairweather fan : /
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I'm a diehard Cubs fan, but wasn't always. I can't say I got this way because of anything other than my interest in baseball starting in high school - I think I was drawn to the history of the Cubs and Wrigley Field over the White Sox, plus I'm from the NORTHwest Chicago suburbs, so geography played a role too. It definitely wasn't because of my dad. He still can't decide between the Cubs and White Sox and it drives me crazy! (I'll ask him if they were both in the World Series which one he would want to win - he said he'd want it to go to game 7 and for them both to play really well...chicken answer if I ever heard one)

My favorite player is Josh Hamilton, so I guess the answer to your last question is yes. My favorite Cub is no longer a Cub (Aramis Ramirez). He might be tied with Hamilton if he were still on the Cubs, but I can't root for him like I used to.

Huge Met fan
It is my fathers fault
I do not collect mets players though, used to collect wright but it gets to be too much. Everytime he strikes out with the bases loaded i wanna burn his cards lol, stick to guys on other teams that i can root for now

la dodgers, moved from cleveland at age 2 to pasadena so raised on dodgers. koufax and drysdale: parker and wally moon favs as a kid.kershaw is second coming of koufax(so far). willie mays all time fav. today just a fan of the game and its many talents
baseball

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?
NYY fan born in New York and my grandfarther took me to my 1st game been hooked ever since.

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?
Grandfarther took me to my 1st game in old Yankee staduim

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?
Bernie Williams
Trade Site

ALWAYS COLLECTING ALEX RODRIGUEZ RC, AUTO'S

(12-28-2011, 11:57 AM)ryancholden Wrote: I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?
1) Texas Rangers

2) My dad was ( key word) for Redsox. When he was a kid he used to sit and watch Ted Williams Play. He switched when I was watching the Rangers as a kid. Now he is also a Rangers fan even through the rotten years.

3) Top players. Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken, Derek Jeter ( even my middle childs favorite player) Ken Griffey. Todays players Nelson Cruz, Napoli, and Posey ( Ring around the rosey with a pockett full of Poseys my youngest doughters favorite kids ryme)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I collect whatever looks cool. I don't have a favorite team or players.

Heck, I have more Charlie Sheen autos (3) than I do Bryce Harper autos (2).

Die-hard Cardinals fan!
My dad is a Cards fan and I grew up watching games with him. Of course, it helped that they were usually a good team in the 80's. I don't know why my dad rooted for them b/c I've always lived in NC. I also like the Indians b/c my local minor league team was affiliated with them for a couple of decades.
I collect a lot of non-STL players, but all of my favorite players were/are Cardinals.

(01-02-2012, 03:38 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: Die-hard Cardinals fan!
My dad is a Cards fan and I grew up watching games with him. Of course, it helped that they were usually a good team in the 80's. I don't know why my dad rooted for them b/c I've always lived in NC. I also like the Indians b/c my local minor league team was affiliated with them for a couple of decades.
I collect a lot of non-STL players, but all of my favorite players were/are Cardinals.
Kinston Indians?
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(01-02-2012, 03:46 PM)beginesj Wrote: Kinston Indians?
Actually, no. They are a couple of hours away. My local team was the Burlington Indians of the RC-level Appalachian League. They are now the Royals. Sad I got to see several good players at those games as a child/teen. The top two would be Manny Ramirez and Jim Thome.