Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How many of you...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?

(12-28-2011, 11:57 AM)ryancholden Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?
die hard yankees fan born raised and living in ny. favorite player (tino martinez) became my favorite after he joined the yanks but remained my favorite after he left
Die Hard Cardinals fan Born, and Raised.

Been going to games since before i could walk.

I have been a Berkman fan since he was on the Astros. Absolutely made my day when i found out he was going to be a Cardinal.
Die hard Astros fan as I was born and raised in Houston.

My dad rooted for them and took me to games when I was younger. It's the thing that keeps my memories of him around now that he is gone.

Other than Bagwell and other Astros my favorite player is Albert Pujols. He always played against the Astros but I respected the way he plays the game so much it was hard not to like him.
I'm a fan (wouldn't say diehard) of the Reds.
I was born in Ohio and my father grew up in West Virginia so he has been a Reds fan his whole life.
My favorite player who isn't on the Reds is Marlon Byrd on the Cubs.
Die hard Yankees fan! Born in Chicago, never really liked the sox or cubs. Moved to Ohio and enjoy the tribe, I pc Carlos Santana, and have been to close to 100 games. But I've always love the yanks. It's all about tradition for me. When I think about the history of the game I think about the Yankees! Mantle, Gehrig, babe, ford, jeter just to name a few. Jeter ha always been my favorite player/role model! His on the field swagger is awesome.

The Ohio state buckeyes are my favorite college football and basketball team. I HATE the wolverines. I can't even buy any clothes that are yellow and blue. The same hate I have for them I have for the red sox.
1. I'm a diehard Twins fan
2. I'm originally from South Dakota so the closest team for me was the Twins. I had never really followed baseball or collected cards until after 2002. I was on my way to Wisconsin for a father-son wrestling camp with my dad, a friend, and his dad. Well on our way we stayed the night in Minneapolis and hit up a Twins game. After that, I was hooked. I watched every Twins game, well all but the 30-40 that they didn't air.
3. My 2 favorite players are Span and Mauer, there have been some trade rumours surrounding Span, I hope he stays. But my third favorite player is Cuddyer, who is now a Colorado Rockie Sad I might make it to Denver next season to watch Cuddy play though Big Grin
1. Diehard Pirates fan

2. Originally from Pittsburgh

3. My favorite player now is Andrew McCutchen, however as a child my favorite was Sid Bream, so when he signed w Atlanta I rooted for them as well. There are plenty of Braves from the 90's that are near and dear to my heart: Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Klesko, Lopez, Ligtenberg and other lesser known players. I will occasionally pick up cards of these players, but I focus mist of my PC on the Pirates.
Die hard Red Sox fan and died hard through many years of "oh so close" and "wait'll next year".

Grew up a Red Sox fan in the 60's in Maine, especially after the Impossible Dream season of 1967.

Yaz was my favorite growing up. I would always imitate his stance when I played. Now my favorite player is Albert Pujols who does not play for the Red Sox.
Wow, sounds like I'm part of the minority here.

I used to be into baseball and the Seattle Mariners. I go to maybe 1 game a year if that.

I grew up though with Griffey being Seattle's Icon. Always thought he was cool and such. In 2002 I got my first job and discovered ebay. Wow was that a mistake. I bought 2K worth of unopened packs of cards from 1985 - 1992 (I learned why they were called the Mass Produced Years).

I really just enjoy being a fan of Griffey even though his years w/ the Reds were far from great but it's more of a childhood nostalgia thing to collect his cards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7