`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many of you...

RE: How many of you...
Im a mets fan although not as die hard as i used to me. My mothers family were all mets fans but my dads side were yanks (oh yeah, good times for ure haha). So i like the old timer yanks and the mets from the mid 80s to the late 90s. Believe it or not one of my favorites was Howard Johnson and Dave Magaden. A few of the players stayed at a house down the street from my grandmothers in queens, NY and i remember seeing several of them walking to and from the local grocery stores when we used to play stickball in the playground there. Now that was awesome!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I grew up in a small town in Newfoundland Canada. As a kid we only had 2 stations, CBC and NTV (local channel). The only games we got was those of the Blue Jays and Expos. I loved Tim "Rock" Raines and The Hawk. I was upset when the Jays traded away my 2 favorite players in a blockbuster deal that picked up 2 players I hardly knew...Alomar and Carter. I suddenly became big fans of both players and the Jays were terrific during those years.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

I do not watch sports at all-I think too many are over paid and when they lose money for losing a game I will watch regularly. I just enjoy opening cards and following the market. I know the players, just not all their stats. I love a good pull, just not a sports fan but I enjoy collecting
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

1. I would consider myself an old-school type fan. I love the game and especially the history of baseball. I can watch any game anytime.
2. Growing up in Houston I always followed the Stros. Now living in Dallas, still follow the Stros even though now they feel more like a Little League team.
3. For the longest time I just collected stars in general. I eventually began collecting Berkman largely because I played ball with him in college. Probably the reason I am considering starting a Jose Cruz Jr collection as well.

(12-28-2011, 11:57 AM)ryancholden Wrote: I'm curious. I assume that most of the people in this forum and those that are collecting baseball cards are pretty big baseball fans. My questions are about your rooting intrests:

1) How many of you are fans (diehard, fair weather or otherwise) of one particular team?

2) How did you get to rooting for that team? Were you born into it (maybe your dad rooted for the team)? Did you move to a city with a team?

3) How many of you have a favorite player that is NOT on your team?
My parents moved from North Jersey to South Jersey before I was born and made the decision to try and make me a Philadelphia sports fan early on. When I was old enough to decide on my own, I quickly dropped Philly teams. In 1984, my Dad took me to my first Yankees game and saw this cool new rookie first baseman play named Don Mattingly. I was hooked on pinstripes and the Yankees ever since.

I have a grouping of 12 Yankee players that I purchase cards for on a rotating monthly basis (Pettitte, Bernie, Gardner, Jeter, Mattingly, Matsui, Posada, Rivera, Swisher, O'Neill, Cano, and Tino), but my 3 all-time favorites are still Mattingly, Jeter, and Cano. With Jeter, I have the quantity with 700 cards and with Cano I have the quality with 102 cards but a lot of them are serial numbered, autos, and relics.

I have to say that most of the players I like on other teams are either ex-Yankees or are on my fantasy baseball team (Longoria and Desmond Jennings for example).

die hard DODGERS fan, mainly because everyone else in family were GIANTS fans and I had to go against them when I was a kid. My favorite player growing up was Rickey Henderson and he didn't play for the DODGERS until his career was all but over.(I started watching baseball in mid 80's and was in the A's tv market, so I watched all A's games and DODGERS when i had a chance to)
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

My favorite team the Buccos
Im from SWPA yinz and pop are propper english here

Jason Kendall is my all time favorite player, Neil walker would be my favorite current pirate
[Image: pU8rB.jpg]

2006 Upper Deck Epic Base 19/300
Starling Marte, Bill Mazeroski, Ralph Kiner, Neil Walker, Jason Kendall

Diehard Astros and Braves fan.

I know, how can I be a diehard fan of both teams. My childhood was spent in 2 States. South Dakota and Texas. Was in SD first and the only channel you could get back then was WTBS. So my summers I spent watching Braves games. First team I ever loved. Then I moved to Houston when I was 12 and became an Astros fan too. Now when they play each other I always root for my home team.

I have lots of players I collect, about 75 in total, that are not on either one of those teams. Griffey, Pujols, and plenty more.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Now that my Astros are moving to the AL I will have to pick a favorite NL team too. I respect the Cardinals and their traditions but I can't pick a division rival like that. I'm thinking maybe the DBacks.

Let me just say that doesn't mean the Astros aren't my favorite team still. No team will ever take the place of the Astros. I just meant I always rooted for an AL team too but now that the Astros are moving I can't root for someone in the same league so now I'll have to switch my "other" team to the NL.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

well i was a diehard cardinals fan up until larussa left but alerts always gonna be my mnan because i work out with him but i love the rangers and royals.
collect:pujols, trout,Salvador Perez,Jeter (rcs)

shipping: please have the respect of packaging the cards were they will not get damged. shipping cards in between toploaders when they are higher end cards is not acceptable. i will not ship cards like that to you so please do not ship them to me like that.