IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things about the hobby that drive you crazy

RE: Things about the hobby that drive you crazy
1) Tape on toploaders
2) Shilling
3) Feebay sellers who either don't post a picture of an item or use the same damn picture for every item they post (also posting a picture of six items at once so you have to figure out which is which). Honorable mention: the sellers who are too cheap to list something at Buy it Now and use auction style starting at some ridiculous amount (starting bid $199.00....really?).
4) Redemptions
5) 1990 Pro Set
6) Pack searchers, patch fakers, auto fakers

But not to be completely negative, there is a definite positive about the hobby, and that is the wonderful group of people that make up this Beckett community. there is not only a wealth on knowledge here, but one could spend days and weeks marveling at the oos and aaahs of some of the collections on here.

Add to that the fact that most of yall don't give me too much hell about my Jrus collection, LMAO
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

(12-11-2011, 08:39 AM)ft28jags Wrote: My peeve is people who tell me to make a trade with me that they won't "trade down" when the deal involves two cards on my end. I personally don't mind if I'm getting and giving quality cards but those same people have come back to me and want a high end card and want me to "trade down". Needless to say I tell them to get lost
I feel your pain... I swear some people trying to get something for nothing... Trading is near impossible on here at times...Sad
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(12-11-2011, 08:56 AM)Duchovny2 Wrote: Honorable mention: the sellers who are too cheap to list something at Buy it Now and use auction style starting at some ridiculous amount (starting bid $199.00....really?).
HEY.....I resemble that remark...LOL , whats the difference? Besides being smart enough to save yourself listing fees? Whether its BIN or auction, as a buyer your still paying the same amount.

I do this because since I sell very little on Ebay I can use my 30 free auction style listing and save myself some dough. I cant cant imagine why anyone would care if its auction or BIN. When I am buying all I care about is what I pay for the card.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(12-11-2011, 01:29 PM)eazy e Wrote: HEY.....I resemble that remark...LOL , whats the difference? Besides being smart enough to save yourself listing fees? Whether its BIN or auction, as a buyer your still paying the same amount.

I do this because since I sell very little on Ebay I can use my 30 free auction style listing and save myself some dough. I cant cant imagine why anyone would care if its auction or BIN. When I am buying all I care about is what I pay for the card.
Do you SELL much by listing them so high to begin with? I am smart too... I NEVER bid on items with a starting bid more than 50% of bv.
My pet peeves...

1) Bigboydsportscards -- He is EVERYTHING that is wrong with the hobby and eBay.
2) Single color jersey pieces, especially single color WHITE pieces.
3) Two words -- Event worn
4) People on here who complain about trading. If you don't like the deal, all you have to do is say, No. If you don't get the card you want, well... you didn't have it in the first place, so you aren't any worse off.
5) People on here who want to trade for your cards, but don't have what you want... some continue to ask for it for nothing. My response? See #4 above.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(12-11-2011, 01:53 PM)all day baby Wrote: Do you SELL much by listing them so high to begin with? I am smart too... I NEVER bid on items with a starting bid more than 50% of bv.
My pet peeves...
I didnt say that I listed them for ridiculous prices I just said I sell auction style to save listing fees...

(12-10-2011, 10:37 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Thats not what I meant by that.... a guy had a leshoure I needed and one of the bidders had 100% bidding history with that seller and well over 100 transactions! I never thought I was entitled to anything
???? What are you talking about? Sorry, Im not able to keep up with every thread and every issue on this site. I guess next time I just shouldn't participate in any thread on Beckett.

That brings me to my next pet peeve, Beckett is sensitive. You can't say anything without someone thinking you are talking about them.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

That everytime i try to trade people only want...the flavor of the moment. Do you have ... the newest hot thing?

I hate that. Thier are some that are the exception to this but most times i am like hey i am looking for any dolphins.
They go i have this do you have any Tebows??
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(12-11-2011, 06:00 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: That everytime i try to trade people only want...the flavor of the moment. Do you have ... the newest hot thing?

I hate that. Thier are some that are the exception to this but most times i am like hey i am looking for any dolphins.
They go i have this do you have any Tebows??
+1000!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

1: people who complain about shilling
2:too many non-sensed jersey cards
3:when i open a pack and all the cards arent facing the sameway and or even backwards lol
4: think they should keep same pricing on boxes but put in more auto's into every box...who buys a hobby box hoping they get base card #32 to complete their set..? cmon lol
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(12-11-2011, 08:10 PM)jfrench91 Wrote: 3:when i open a pack and all the cards arent facing the sameway and or even backwards lol
Now this is something to complain about. I HATE THAT!!!!