`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Peyton Manning should win the MVP award

RE: Peyton Manning should win the MVP award
(10-09-2011, 08:02 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Well if he wants to pull a Carson Palmer then that's on him. Indy needs to look to the future because once Peyton is gone, they will suck for awhile. Wayne will be getting up there and they have no depth at rb.
They can still draft Luck and keep Manning. So they don't need to get rid of Manning just to get Luck.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Peyton Manning is washed up. He is terrible, there's nothing left in the tank. He is just going to come back from his injury and completely embarrass himself and the Colts.

With that in mind, please trade him to the Bears or Texans. Thank you. :-)

(10-09-2011, 09:00 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: The Colts can get out of 25 million guaranteed by releasing Manning before the end of the 2011 season. Otherwise, he is locked in for a very long time at a very high pay rate.
well if they keep on losing like this i would seriously be thinking about letting him go to save that money for other players. if they were to free up that much money to spend on free agents and then drafted luck, they would potentially be a playoff team again with a young qb. thats IF luck turns out to be good.
(10-09-2011, 09:30 PM)nuccionino Wrote: They can still draft Luck and keep Manning. So they don't need to get rid of Manning just to get Luck.
but if keeping manning means they have to keep him for many years to come due to his contract, then now might be the time to get rid of him. other nfl qb's have advised manning to retire because of his neck injury. all it takes is one good hit to re-aggrivate it. do the colts really want to risk that and pay him millions every year to not even play and not be able to sign other players? big risk here in my opinion.
(10-09-2011, 09:02 PM)Marinoisking Wrote: Peyton has 4 or 5 good years left...I cant believe a lot of people are already burying him.
im not burying him as he still has a lot of talent. its just that a major injury like he sustained is an easy one to re-aggravate and could potentially doom this team. he still has plenty of gas in the tank but is now an injury risk option.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(10-09-2011, 10:59 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Peyton Manning is washed up. He is terrible, there's nothing left in the tank. He is just going to come back from his injury and completely embarrass himself and the Colts.

With that in mind, please trade him to the Bears or Texans. Thank you. :-)
Smile I like that Idea!

WANT ALL MARIO WILLIAMS & BRIAN CUSHING CARDS!!
[Image: LeinartLot007.jpg]
[Image: LeinartLot009.jpg]

Peyton Manning has one of the top 3 fastest releases in the NFL....he also gets the ball out on time...so he dosent take many hits....him having an injury isnt as significant as a say a Mike Vick or a Jay Cutler..or other QB's that have a lot of dirt on their jerseys at the end of a game.

Peyton Manning IS the Colts...everything from this season just highlights what was already known.
Cutting Manning would be like Cutting Marino or Elway when they still had 3 -5 years of playing ahead of them.
Just think about what we would have missed if the Broncos cut elway years short of the end of his career?
Would have missed out on a Championship.

Its just too soon for the Colts to start a rebuilding process....even if they do draft a QB in the 2012 draft...set him on the bench until Peyton is done....It worked out good for Greenbay..they have arguably the best QB playing right now...if he would have started year one...he might be bouncing from practice squad to practice squad right now.

except by holding onto manning it could cost them enormous amounts of money for absolutely no reason if luck is what he is projected to be. they could potentially have a good replacement qb, and be able to upgrade other positions. or keep manning and their same deteriorating team for a few years to come which by the way doesnt seem to be good enough to win the super bowl. its quite clear the colts are in trouble because even with painter playing well at qb, they still dont have what it takes to win a game. so even with peyton, games would probably be close. the colts had their few years there where they were a SB contending team every year but those days are gone i believe. peyton is still good, but the rest of the team is not. i honestly dont care because im not a colts fan but getting a good young qb and having money to upgrade other positions over keeping a risky qb is somewhat appealing. if peyton is being advised he should retire because of this injury, then its got to be pretty serious. and those broncos had an awesome rb in davis along with a HOF TE. the colts dont have that luxury right now.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(10-09-2011, 11:35 PM)nthnoak Wrote: except by holding onto manning it could cost them enormous amounts of money for absolutely no reason if luck is what he is projected to be. they could potentially have a good replacement qb, and be able to upgrade other positions. or keep manning and their same deteriorating team for a few years to come which by the way doesnt seem to be good enough to win the super bowl. its quite clear the colts are in trouble because even with painter playing well at qb, they still dont have what it takes to win a game. so even with peyton, games would probably be close. the colts had their few years there where they were a SB contending team every year but those days are gone i believe. peyton is still good, but the rest of the team is not. i honestly dont care because im not a colts fan but getting a good young qb and having money to upgrade other positions over keeping a risky qb is somewhat appealing. if peyton is being advised he should retire because of this injury, then its got to be pretty serious. and those broncos had an awesome rb in davis along with a HOF TE. the colts dont have that luxury right now.
I just cant call Peyton Manning a risky QB....to me he is about the most un risky guy..injured or not.
The colts arent completely falling apart..they have a great TE in Dallas Clark..and Tamme was just as good in his absence last year.
They also have 2 very young recievers in Collie and Garcon that as coming into their own.
Curtis Painter is doing good for what he is...but we cant compare what the Colts do with Curtis Painter to what they do with one of the best QB's to play the game...Peyton pretty much calls the shots...he adjusts almost every play from the line to give them the best matchups and that is part of what makes them such a deadly team with him.
I would take Peyton Manning off an injury anyday.
If Carter can keep progressing...then the Colts are going to be solid there and at TE and WR....they are going to get some good picks in the draft bc they wont win many games...I just dont think its time to take the QB.
and def not time to switch.
Bring back Peyton....draft Oline and D.
Then go QB a bit down the road.
Peyton with the current Colts and an Upgraded Oline and D can compete for the championship IMO.

(10-09-2011, 11:35 PM)nthnoak Wrote: except by holding onto manning it could cost them enormous amounts of money for absolutely no reason if luck is what he is projected to be.
Yes but WE have already seen that without MANNING the Colts have NO LUCK! hehehehe Smile
WANT ALL MARIO WILLIAMS & BRIAN CUSHING CARDS!!
[Image: LeinartLot007.jpg]
[Image: LeinartLot009.jpg]

All the guaranteed money on Peytons extension is all going to be paid this year and the Colts can release him without any repercussions after this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82...n-to-field

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(10-10-2011, 12:02 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: All the guaranteed money on Peytons extension is all going to be paid this year and the Colts can release him without any repercussions after this season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82...n-to-field
nobody can release Peyton Manning without repercussions lol