`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS ???

RE: WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS ???
This is a post ShaqEatsThat just posted, but the function to allow me to approve it doesn't seem to be working.

Me and and Xtream DID have a trade in the past the he said was "too good to be true", but he DID receive his end and so did I, so if I've done this in past and yet still have come through what is the big issue here? I told got watcha want, "If I knew you were going to bash me on the forum like that I would have just gave you the card." I got a 75 buck offer on a 80 dollar card so I took it. Okay that's messed up I guess, so just leave me bad feedback.

Secondly, I didn't leave feedback on Xtream's trade (although he def got the better of it) because HE ACTUALLY ASKED ME TO LEAVE FEEDBACK! I always have left good feedback on previous trades until he actually asked me for it. Ask the other traders.

There's been 3 trades where I held up my end and didn't receive feedback on, big deal, asking for feedback is just like begging someone for a dollar.

Xtream knows he really got the best of that deal, and he still got it, dude a $50 BV card with a SV of $5 is worth $5 not $50. So I didn't mind giving it up for him because I know he loves the Pistons, and I needed a couple of the Ewings.

I wish you can bring back the "Shilling" thread! I didn't even know what the word Shill mean until I was attacked and googled it. I didn't say "What's the best way to Shill?"

My question was, I have access to my mother's and girlfriend's accounts, how can I use them to benefit me? I had no idea I would turn into the Devil himself, I had no idea it was that big a deal, I didn't deserve to get attacked by all of you. Even when I've traded in about %75 of trades in the other trader's favor! I wanted my cards, and I got them, regardless of what I had to give up, it didn't matter!

My problem with Xtream is him taking down my youtube vids because I cursed, also him taking down my avatar after it was there for 2 months and suddenly it is obscene, but it wasn't for 2 months. Him asking me for feedback. Also he lets other people get away with things that I can't do, just because I question the little authority he thinks he may have. Only because I don't want to leave him feedback. I've given other traders feedback after trades because they didn't ask for it. He has a personal vendetta against me and I would be shocked if this post ever sees the light of day.

I still don't understand why everyone has been bashing me like this. This forum is dead and I think when something like this happens it is a reason for you guys to get all excited about it because nothing else happens.

Xtream, I will trade you your good feedback which you desperately want in exchange for you letting me post this and giving me a chance to defend myself, I am the victim here, I should be receiving something for my aggrevation.

(10-05-2011, 02:54 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: Me and and Xtream DID have a trade in the past the he said was "too good to be true", but he DID receive his end and so did I, so if I've done this in past and yet still have come through what is the big issue here? I told got watcha want, "If I knew you were going to bash me on the forum like that I would have just gave you the card." I got a 75 buck offer on a 80 dollar card so I took it. Okay that's messed up I guess, so just leave me bad feedback.

Secondly, I didn't leave feedback on Xtream's trade (although he def got the better of it) because HE ACTUALLY ASKED ME TO LEAVE FEEDBACK! I always have left good feedback on previous trades until he actually asked me for it. Ask the other traders.

There's been 3 trades where I held up my end and didn't receive feedback on, big deal, asking for feedback is just like begging someone for a dollar.

Xtream knows he really got the best of that deal, and he still got it, dude a $50 BV card with a SV of $5 is worth $5 not $50. So I didn't mind giving it up for him because I know he loves the Pistons, and I needed a couple of the Ewings.

I wish you can bring back the "Shilling" thread! I didn't even know what the word Shill mean until I was attacked and googled it. I didn't say "What's the best way to Shill?"

My question was, I have access to my mother's and girlfriend's accounts, how can I use them to benefit me? I had no idea I would turn into the Devil himself, I had no idea it was that big a deal, I didn't deserve to get attacked by all of you. Even when I've traded in about %75 of trades in the other trader's favor! I wanted my cards, and I got them, regardless of what I had to give up, it didn't matter!

My problem with Xtream is him taking down my youtube vids because I cursed, also him taking down my avatar after it was there for 2 months and suddenly it is obscene, but it wasn't for 2 months. Him asking me for feedback. Also he lets other people get away with things that I can't do, just because I question the little authority he thinks he may have. Only because I don't want to leave him feedback. I've given other traders feedback after trades because they didn't ask for it. He has a personal vendetta against me and I would be shocked if this post ever sees the light of day.

I still don't understand why everyone has been bashing me like this. This forum is dead and I think when something like this happens it is a reason for you guys to get all excited about it because nothing else happens.

Xtream, I will trade you your good feedback which you desperately want in exchange for you letting me post this and giving me a chance to defend myself, I am the victim here, I should be receiving something for my aggrevation.
As is common practice around here, if a trade has been completed and a party of the trade has not left feedback but has marked their cards received, the other party usually sends a request reminding the user to leave feedback. Do I necessarily need it, no I do not, but because you are still relatively new, I figured I'd send you a reminder as to keep you in the habit.

I'm not sure what trade you're thinking of, but our trade was for less than $15.00 on either side, and no Ewings were involved. And after having received your cards, I sent many extras because I knew you gave me the better end of the deal.

I have no personal vendetta towards anyone, just a simple goal to keep this place following the TOS as that is my job as a moderator. Us moderators don't catch everything as we do not spend the entire day, as we have other jobs and some have families, inspecting every detail. This is the reason for users being able to PM us, flag posts, etc. If someone flags a post of yours, then I'll have to edit it. Someone PMed me about your avatar, so I looked at it. As a collecting community, we need to act as a community and help each other out. Shoot, look at politicians, do you think they get all of their ideas from their head? No, they get letters and emails and protests and other stuff which then leads to them making some new legislation. Same here. Us moderators can't and won't see or catch everything, and when we don't, it's on the community to inform us so that we can take care of it. Some people don't inform us because they don't know how, they don't care, or some other reason.

As for accepting offers and trades after one has already been accepted, that is a risk some are willing to take and a risk that will upset some people. If you accept a trade, or even a sale, regardless of whether the other person has sent their end or money, selling it or trading it to someone else because you received a better offer can lead to traders complaining. We aren't making a big deal of this situation because the board is dead and we need something to talk about, but if you were to compare this site to the other trading sites out there, we have fewer incidences of people scamming, stealing, or affecting any traders in a negative way.

As I had put in the thread (I believe), while you may not have known what shill bidding is per se, you were asking about an illegal act, and that's an illegal act that many people who have fallen victim to it hate. If you were to use someone's account (mothers, sisters, girlfriends, great great great great great uncle's cousin's sister's husband's mother's account) to bid on your item to help up the price, that is identity theft. People have fallen victim to people shill bidding auctions that they were going hard for (say an MJ AU) and had they not been shill bid, maybe they get the card for $300 instead of $450. That's a $150 difference. So while you may not have known, now you do.

And yes, there are red flags up about your actions currently, but that doesn't mean they can't be forgotten in time (or healed over). If you complete a trade with someone (or accept it) you should complete all parts of that trade truthfully and fully, regardless of what actions someone has done. If I complete a trade with johndoe123 and after we've traded and everything's been completed, they blast me on the forums because say there were markings on the top loaders, that wouldn't give me reason to give them negative or neutral feedback. If they gave me the item as described, packaged properly, in a proper amount of time, and had good lines of communication through the trade, then they deserve positive feedback. Also, if you complete a trade and someone leaves you negative feedback because you took two weeks too long to ship, and you received theirs right away, as described, packaged right and they communicated properly, again, they still deserve positive feedback. I hope this helps you understand that we're a very tight nit community here and take care of each other and look out for one another. I have no vendetta against you or anyone else, I'm just doing as I'm expected to do as a moderator.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

As long as he is holding up his end of deals, I have no real issues with ShaqEatsThat other than his immaturity.

His reaction to xtreme seems....well extreme and a little childish. I don't think anything xstream did towards him is unjustified. If he swore in youtube videos, it should be taken down. I can't remember what his avatar was, so I can't speak to that. The part about not giving feedback because xstream asked for it is ridiculous. people rely on good feedback here, so asking for it when it is not giving is not unreasonable. Another childish act.

Backing out on a trade to get a better deal only shows his immaturity....doesn't necessarily make him a scammer but it does give us reason to question his ethics.

Leaving negative feedback on trade with got watcha want just to be spitefull...childish.

Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

Thank you Shaqeatsthat for your response and thanks Xtreme for posting it.

Shaqeatsthat- sorry if you felt attacked, but I hope you understand that we want to keep this forum free of bad traders and if you understand that, then you should be encouraged to stay and trade here where we play it as safe as we can.

P.S. Take it easy on Xtreme, he doesn't get paid to do this and he does a great job. He can't monitor the forums 24/7 and things like your avatar can get missed briefly. I now understand the kittys you are using for your avatar now. Posting and trading here is a privilage that can be taken away for causing problems. If we didn't have mods like Xtreme, we would be in a world of hurt here on this forum.

My advice- Read the TOS and stay within it, an occasional TOS rule getting broken can be missed or overlooked when it is a smaller infraction that doesn't happen often.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(10-05-2011, 03:10 PM)greekgoony Wrote: As long as he is holding up his end of deals, I have no real issues with ShaqEatsThat other than his immaturity.

His reaction to xtreme seems....well extreme and a little childish. I don't think anything xstream did towards him is unjustified. If he swore in youtube videos, it should be taken down. I can't remember what his avatar was, so I can't speak to that. The part about not giving feedback because xstream asked for it is ridiculous. people rely on good feedback here, so asking for it when it is not giving is not unreasonable. Another childish act.

Backing out on a trade to get a better deal only shows his immaturity....doesn't necessarily make him a scammer but it does give us reason to question his ethics.

Leaving negative feedback on trade with got watcha want just to be spitefull...childish.

and for the record i left got watcha want neutral not negative feedback

this is why i did not want the entire forum going crazy over this, people sticking there nose around things that have nothing to do with them.

if i did scam someone and i was a known scammer, that's a complete different arguement, but everyone here seems so damn bored that when they see something going on they jump all over it

i am not a scammer, so theres no reason for this to be out in the open like this, your not watching each others back or anything like that because nothing has happened, and unless something ever happens your just commenting on things that have nothing to with you

there were 2 different occurances where in a trade that i accepted and i think one was pingbling, where i asked for a certain card and he couldnt locate it and then asked if he can replace it, i said no problem and left 5 star feedback, and i kept it to myself

not every little things needs to be on the forums like this, not to mention one card another trader sent me i think it was a starks #72/100 from ultimate victory, recently in the box breaks had a bent corner, once again i didnt make it a big deal and left 5 star feedback, Edit happens man, this is just rediculous and should never have even been an issue, im just annoyed with all the Edit rules around thats all

So those troublesome things that happend in these other trades you mentioned, those kind of things happen to all of us at sometime on here.

The things that Xtreme did so well to list about your recent forum habits (the red flags) are not common occurences for any of us at anytime.

I have never left neutral feedback for the kinds of things you mentioned either and you left it for me because a couple of posts?

I hope you take something from this and surpass my lowley trader feedback that took me years to get. You are on track to, as fast as your feedback has risen since you joined.

I will not leave bad feedback as long as those traders, I mentioned before on a message, get their ends of the trades.

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(10-05-2011, 02:44 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: I wish you can bring back the "Shilling" thread! I didn't even know what the word Shill mean until I was attacked and googled it. I didn't say "What's the best way to Shill?"

My question was, I have access to my mother's and girlfriend's accounts, how can I use them to benefit me?
Oh. Wow. That's like asking how to con people out of their money and then defending yourself by saying you didn't know the definition of "Ponzi scheme". The intention was to defraud and cheat.

(10-05-2011, 03:57 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: and for the record i left got watcha want neutral not negative feedback

this is why i did not want the entire forum going crazy over this, people sticking there nose around things that have nothing to do with them.

if i did scam someone and i was a known scammer, that's a complete different arguement, but everyone here seems so damn bored that when they see something going on they jump all over it

i am not a scammer, so theres no reason for this to be out in the open like this, your not watching each others back or anything like that because nothing has happened, and unless something ever happens your just commenting on things that have nothing to with you

there were 2 different occurances where in a trade that i accepted and i think one was pingbling, where i asked for a certain card and he couldnt locate it and then asked if he can replace it, i said no problem and left 5 star feedback, and i kept it to myself

not every little things needs to be on the forums like this, not to mention one card another trader sent me i think it was a starks #72/100 from ultimate victory, recently in the box breaks had a bent corner, once again i didnt make it a big deal and left 5 star feedback, Edit happens man, this is just rediculous and should never have even been an issue, im just annoyed with all the Edit rules around thats all
As you can see, your post had to be edited even after we told you that you were on post moderation. This forum is public and therefore needs to be written to with kids in mind. As for the things you've mentioned, they've happened to all of us; dinged corners (but extras made up for it or they gave me the better end of the deal), late arrivals (but they communicated with me), PWE (almost always a no-no, but they communicated with me), lost card (I make big trades, sometimes they lose some, but they replace them some how). That all falls under the communication aspect of the trade. However, if you did have a trade and you had a dinged corner and they didn't offer to make it up, you're more than welcome to post that no here. It keeps people's expectations of certain traders in check. Some traders only trade to get cards to grade. So if you trade with johndoe123 and they have nothing but dinged corners, and I trade to grade, then I want to know about it. But if they make it up to you, then I don't necessarily need to know about it. People aren't on this thread because they're bored or the forum is slow, but with all of the other happy threads, there isn't much need to take the conversation further. This thread causes some people concern, and therefore they're chiming in. Could Got Watcha Want kept quiet and just kept it to himself? Yes, but what happens if the same thing happens to another trader, a good friend of his? Then he'd feel responsible for not warning that person. In my mind, as well as some others I'm sure, he did the right thing by bringing this to the forefront.

(10-05-2011, 03:57 PM)ShaqEatsThat Wrote: im just annoyed with all the Edit rules around thats all
Well, since you obviously don't want to follow the rules around here, and you have been warned before about the language stuff, then maybe a Permanent ban is necessary, hmmm?

What a lot of people do not realize is that your rep as a trader and member follows you to all of the other trade sites, and if your banned on one of them, you can probably make a bet that the other sites will follow suite and ban that person from their site, especially the bad traders, problem children, and people who agree to trades, then trade/sell the same card to someone else

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

FYI to everyone, i got my end of the trade from shaqeatsthat. besides less then excellent communication, and taking a while to ship, the cards were packaged well and were in great condition, just wanted to let everyone know.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Thanks for the update.