`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marquee

RE: Marquee
I think the base looks pretty nice, reminds me of Stadium Club with the full photo no border card.

Yeah, I just scrolled through all 18 pages (100 items/page) of Topps Marquee on eBay and I don't see the high price being justified. As sonnyday just posted, it's gonna be way more miss than hit.

(09-14-2011, 04:39 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I don't remember the last time I was so excited about a release. Now I don't remember the last time I was so disappointed by a release. :-(
I can remember, it was called Gypsy Queen.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(09-12-2011, 01:02 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Who is busting this over the next few days?
jUST SAW 3 CASES BUSTED IN my store... WORST product I have ever seen. All the guys Topps stated they took out in place of the HOF's was a lie. My customers pulled every guy they said they removed.. Bad Product here anyway.

I'm not too big a fan of this marquee stuff. A lot of the names are like....really??? again? we get this guy? he's not worth anything! and you're expecting us to pay this?

The Koufax would be nice to have because of the name, but the card isn't that nice looking and the seller wants 2 grand for it? Come on. Nobody's going to pay that.

I don't like the design of the titanic jumbos...to much basic. You get a really large piece of JSY and not much else. I will probably collect the Rangers base/parallels sets and maybe a GUd or auto of a few Rangers players. That's about it with this product.

Further, my LCS won't carry it if it's too high end. Finest is about as high end as they go because people can't/don't want to pay $40-$50 per pack. That's why they never get absolute, PP legends and other stuff like that. The 1 PP Legends had $75 per mini box and the entire box is still sitting on the shelf.

(09-12-2011, 02:04 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: I was going to, but then the prices went haywire and the stories of cut production and I couldn't pull the trigger on handing over the dough/ tying up the money with the cheapest sources only to end up with a refund because they did not get it.
You did well. The product does NOT warrent the $ the boxes are going for.

(09-14-2011, 05:17 PM)mthomas0508 Wrote: jUST SAW 3 CASES BUSTED IN my store... WORST product I have ever seen. All the guys Topps stated they took out in place of the HOF's was a lie. My customers pulled every guy they said they removed.. Bad Product here anyway.
out of those 3 cases, what was the best card pulled in your opinion?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-14-2011, 05:23 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: out of those 3 cases, what was the best card pulled in your opinion?
Ichiro quad patch card #'d/299 and a M. Cabrera Oversized GREY patch with part of a letter #'d /5

I dont know guys...box for box the product prob definitely has its downsides...but, boy the HOF stuff and museum and gold autos are pretty damn filthy...That jumbo Mantle is sweet...If there is a pinstripe version of that card, you'd be hard pressed to not put it into the top 5 or 10 of all time GU...This again is one of those products thats prob best opened in case quantities because one indiv wont yield grand results unless you "hit" the hot box from the case...I'd also argue dollar for dollar that you'll get better results from this than $100-200+ boxes from any year of Legedary Cuts, Prime Cuts, or something along similar lines

(09-14-2011, 05:37 PM)mthomas0508 Wrote: Ichiro quad patch card #'d/299 and a M. Cabrera Oversized GREY patch with part of a letter #'d /5
wow, for 3 cases, that's not anywhere near good
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]