`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan

RE: Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan
Where's McNabb, Vick, Warren Moon, and Randall Cunningham?
Where's Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Rothlesburger?!
Peyton Manning... THE BEST QB OF ALL TIMES... Watch him and then watch the others, and then you'll believe.
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

(08-09-2011, 12:23 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: Did you seriously just say Tom Brady is Better than Marino and Manning?
Why your wrong is...Tom Brady is a System QB.
I totally agree that Marino never had the talent of a Moss or Welker. And I do believe Marino was a one of a kind QB. Wish he could have won one Super Bowl.

However, calling Brady a system QB? Come on. That argument may fly at the college level but not in the pros. Defenses are too good to allow system QB's to be as consistently good as Brady has been. Plus, the man never actually won a Super Bowl with Moss or Welker. It was the Troy Brown's and Deion Branch's of the WR world that he was winning with. You can look at an aspect of any QB's team and use that to discredit them: Montana had Rice, Elway did not win a Super Bowl without TD, Bradshaw had HOF's all around, etc. But taking what Brady has done, as a whole, 3 Super Bowl championships, 2 Super Bowl MVPs, 2 NFL MVPs, etc. Gotta give the guy a little more dap then "system QB."

I think Elway was the greatest, but in 1998 he missed about 4 games with injury and guess what, Bubby Brister was 4-0 in those games. I would be NUTS to insinuate that this is proof that Elway was overrated. Same goes for Brady and Cassell.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel

(08-09-2011, 04:35 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: Where's McNabb, Vick, Warren Moon, and Randall Cunningham?
I think he had them in the middle, besides Vick, McNabb and Big Ben were 27-28 and Moon 24 Cunningham 37. (Seriously, McNabb over Cunningham?)
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

Again, PEOPLE! Please ignore the order. The order is very loose. Its the substance I was going after.

Peronally, I put Eli in the list for multiple reasons over Rivers. One is I didnt see Rivers in a single top 50 list I saw, but Eli was in most. Second would be the Super Bowl. Give credit to the defense all you want, but he was amazing in that last drive. That drive was the stuff of legends. Lets not forget, that was against the "undefeated" Patriots.

Rivers year in and year out has one of the best offenses and one of the best defenses in the league and what does he have to show for it. Great talent, but nothing accomplished to seal his name in the history books. (Again, my opinion. Doesnt mean its right or wrong)

To the guy that posted about Jim McMahon...damn, another guy I missed.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(08-09-2011, 11:05 AM)samiamryan Wrote: Again, PEOPLE! Please ignore the order. The order is very loose. Its the substance I was going after.

Peronally, I put Eli in the list for multiple reasons over Rivers. One is I didnt see Rivers in a single top 50 list I saw, but Eli was in most. Second would be the Super Bowl. Give credit to the defense all you want, but he was amazing in that last drive. That drive was the stuff of legends. Lets not forget, that was against the "undefeated" Patriots.

Rivers year in and year out has one of the best offenses and one of the best defenses in the league and what does he have to show for it. Great talent, but nothing accomplished to seal his name in the history books. (Again, my opinion. Doesnt mean its right or wrong)

To the guy that posted about Jim McMahon...damn, another guy I missed.
Eli got lucky on one play and broke out of that sack on that miracle play to Tyree. Other than that it was their defense that carried them throughout that season and that game. I know you hate Rivers and all but to say Eli is as good of a QB as him is nearly laughable. I know the Giants took out the previously undefeated Pats, but that big TD to Burress could've been thrown by my grandma he was so open against Hobbs. I bet you even Eli himself would've told you that their defense was the main reason they got to, and eventually won that SB though.

As for Rivers not doing much to cement his name in the history books (I'm assuming you mean Championships-wise). It's not Rivers' fault that Kaeding shanks FG's in the postseason when he's almost perfect during the regular season. Rivers still goes out there and puts up huge numbers and has led the Chargers to the playoffs in all but 1 of his seasons as the starting QB. He still put up huge numbers playing, at times, with 7th string WR's. The guy is a top-flight QB and to denounce what he's done because his TEAM hasn't won a SB is ridiculous. He still has plenty of time to win a ring though. So hopefully within a year or two this argument will be null and void. Smile

***Here's some stats to back up my point***

Eli has played one more full season, and part of another more than Rivers. Eli only has 20 more TD's than Rivers, but has thrown 55 more INT's. Rivers has averaged a full 1.21 more yards/attempt than Eli. Rivers' career completion % is 5.7 higher than Eli's. Eli also has 16 more fumbles than Rivers does. Rivers' career QB rating is 17 points higher than Eli's. I'm still missing where Eli has outplayed Rivers.

I cant say anything else on this topic, looking through my qb autos, my best are Matt Moore, Kellen Clemens, and Bruce Gradkowski...........I need more cards.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

Your right, there careers are not done (not even close). When its all said and done, Rivers will be well into this list, there just wasnt enough to put him there yet. Look up top 50 list for yourself, I never saw Rivers's name up there. If he were to stop playing today, would he be worthy of top 50? Marc Bulger put up some sick numbers his first few years in the league, but really leveled off and never won much.

Call Eli lucky all you want, he still got to a Super Bowl and was awesome in the greatest stage in the game, being an underdog and beating what (if the Patriots won) would have been labeld the greatest team ever. Did the defense help, you bet it did. Rivers had the #1 offense (mostly due to him, Ill give him credit), but also the #1 defense in the league. Something isnt right there. Im not putting it all on Rivers, but you gotta win more when you have that much talent. Sure they make the playoffs alot, look at the division. Denver either stinks or when they have a solid team, bomb the last four games of the year. Raiders....need I say more. Cheifs....getting better, but are nothing to be scared of. The Chargers sneaked into the playoffs a few times and needed epic failures by my Broncos to do it.

Does Rivers have more talent then Eli, you could make a strong arguement for that. Has Eli accomplished more than Rivers? Without a doubt.
Banner By jbel4331

(08-09-2011, 11:34 AM)samiamryan Wrote: Your right, there careers are not done (not even close). When its all said and done, Rivers will be well into this list, there just wasnt enough to put him there yet. Look up top 50 list for yourself, I never saw Rivers's name up there. If he were to stop playing today, would he be worthy of top 50? Marc Bulger put up some sick numbers his first few years in the league, but really leveled off and never won much.

Call Eli lucky all you want, he still got to a Super Bowl and was awesome in the greatest stage in the game, being an underdog and beating what (if the Patriots won) would have been labeld the greatest team ever. Did the defense help, you bet it did. Rivers had the #1 offense (mostly due to him, Ill give him credit), but also the #1 defense in the league. Something isnt right there. Im not putting it all on Rivers, but you gotta win more when you have that much talent. Sure they make the playoffs alot, look at the division. Denver either stinks or when they have a solid team, bomb the last four games of the year. Raiders....need I say more. Cheifs....getting better, but are nothing to be scared of. The Chargers sneaked into the playoffs a few times and needed epic failures by my Broncos to do it.

Does Rivers have more talent then Eli, you could make a strong arguement for that. Has Eli accomplished more than Rivers? Without a doubt.
The Giants have accomplished more than the Chargers have since '04, with that postseason run. I wouldn't say Eli has accomplished more than Rivers though. We did have the #1 offense and defense for MOST of the season, but the injuries became way too much for the Chargers to overcome and the special teams were AWFUL for the entire season. If there was a ranking we would've been 30th at best in Special Teams, and that's 1/3 of the game. Had our Special Teams played better they probably would've gone 12-4 at worst this past year and made the playoffs again and who knows what would've happened. Hopefully our ST is better this year and our players can stay healthy. If they do I think we have a legit shot to make a SB run.

I would say a Super Bowl ring is quite an accomplishment. They did what the Chargers have never done.

My main point is you cant knock Eli for having a great defense when Rivers has a great defense year in and year out.

How about a little credit on my list...Ive got Dan Fouts in there. It cant be too bad Smile
Banner By jbel4331

Dan fouts is the chit