`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan

RE: Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan
(08-08-2011, 09:09 PM)elway4king Wrote: You've got #1 right and that's all that really matters. But Tom Brady has got to be higher than #9. I can't think of any argument that can be made for having Bradshaw, Manning, Starr and Marino above him. And I would also put him above Favre but that's a tougher argument. And this is coming from a guy who HATES the Pats. Love to hear opinions on why I'm wrong.
Did you seriously just say Tom Brady is Better than Marino and Manning?
Why your wrong is...Tom Brady is a System QB.
When he got hurt did you see the numbers Matt Cassel put up?
If someone had never heard any names and you showed them tape from brady the year before his injury and then showed cassel the year of bradys injury they would have a 50-50 chance of guessing who the superstar is.
Now that we see Cassel in another system we see he is mediocre at best.
This is also about the 50 best QB"s of all time. Not the QB"S of the 50 best teams.
Marino didn't have Randy Moss to go down field....or Wes Welker to catch 200 passes a season and pad his QB rating.
He did everything alone....thats why he is my number 1.
The only guy in the NFL that has a chance to be as elite as Marino is Manning.

Montana,Marino,and Elway are in a class of their own.
They are way ahead of the rest of the pack and I think its Illogical to have any body besides these guys in the top 3 and have no problem with them being ranked in whatever order...so long as they are the top 3.
I would take Marino,Manning,Bradshaw,Starr any of them over Brady any day.
I also couldnt Rank Brett Favre over 7 or 8.

I wouldn't consider Tony Romo to be a top-50 QB of all time. But that's just me.... Tongue
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

(08-09-2011, 12:27 AM)ieagles Wrote: I wouldn't consider Tony Romo to be a top-50 QB of all time. But that's just me.... Tongue
agreed.

Glad to see two bengals but id put ken anderson ahead of boomer. Look at ken's numbers next to a guy like joe namath.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Ken Anderson was under rated.
He did run a west coast offense and for most QB's that can be an ideal setting.
Nonetheless Anderson ran it very well.
It might have been before my time....but I have a pretty strong addiction to watching vintage games and highlights.

This list is a JOKE! No Philip Rivers?! Tongue

(08-09-2011, 02:01 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: This list is a JOKE! No Philip Rivers?! Tongue
He sure is better than Romo and Eli Smile eh eh?

(08-09-2011, 02:03 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: He sure is better than Romo and Eli Smile eh eh?
Without question. Eli may have a ring but it was won by the G-Men's defense and run game. They won it in spite of Eli. Seems as if the only thing we don't agree on is Brady being a "system QB". You don't throw 50TD's, win that many SB's, and be the only unanimous MVP being a "system QB". I hate Brady but I'd never denounce his stature by calling him that.

(08-09-2011, 02:05 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Without question. Eli may have a ring but it was won by the G-Men's defense and run game. They won it in spite of Eli.
Not only that... Michael Vick isn't even on the list.
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

Agreed....Eli isnt a bad QB...but he isn't elite either and if his last name wasn't Manning he wouldn't have the rep he has now.....You should never judge a QB based on his team.
Every QB you evaluate is a different scenario. Do they have a good team around them? Do they have good coaching?What kind of offense do they run? Do they get run support?....you get my drift.
I would honestly put Rivers in the top 5 active QB's as of right now.