Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan

RE: Top 50 Quarterbacks of All Time Auto Collection :Samiamryan
ahhhh you jerk!! you are the one that outbid me on that montana!!! lol Smile

You are still kicking my butt....but when I get in all the ones I have won/traded for
I will be at 18/50 Smile

Yeah, you keep saying Im way ahead...I dont see it that way at all.

We are already costing each other money now with our PCs, bidding against each other on the Montana. Im pumped to get it. As a kid, I hated Montana, now that his playing days are long gone and he can no longer hurt my Broncos in the Super Bowl (55-10 on my 10th birthday left some scars.), I appreciate just how great he was.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(08-20-2011, 10:05 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Yeah, you keep saying Im way ahead...I dont see it that way at all.

We are already costing each other money now with our PCs, bidding against each other on the Montana. Im pumped to get it. As a kid, I hated Montana, now that his playing days are long gone and he can no longer hurt my Broncos in the Super Bowl (55-10 on my 10th birthday left some scars.), I appreciate just how great he was.
yea I have always hated him with a passion!!
He beat Dan in his only SB appearance Sad

I was so pumped as well....I thought I was getting it lol
I almost threw down a real high bid on it but I decided to go after my Steve Young and Randall Cunningham as well!!

Well you have a lot higher number of yours completed, and for the most part you have higher cards as well haha.

I will be happier with mine around Wed or Thurs when all my new ones get here!!

Added the Jim Kelly auto. Waiting for my Boomer auto next.
Banner By jbel4331

Good luck, it's nice to try to build a collection that can take you years to complete. I do something similar with the top 30 leaders in rushing yards, passing yards, and recieving yards. Although instead of autographs I try to get a high graded RC.

I have the top 30 rushing leaders RCs graded and displayed on the wall of my game room. It's a lot of fun and each year changes just a bit at the bottom.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

Thats a cool idea! I thought about doing to top 50 in passing yards, or passing TDs, something set in stone, no arguments. Then I thought that would be no fun.

Some of these card are going to be real tough to get. Bobby Layne only has signed cards that are slabbed and cetified. Those run $250+. Thats a tough pill to swallow. I dont know how much I trust those either.
Banner By jbel4331

I am with you man.....this is going to be a hard chase.
I think Sid Lukman only has one certified auto and its from 1997.

You have a killer start tho!!
and mine is getting there!!
Love that we both just added Jim Kelly!!
I just cant wait on my Steve Young to get here!!

Steve Young has a great signature too. I liked the card alot more than I thought I would.

Yeah, Sid will be a tough one too. They only made 500 of them. Most are probably tucked away in private collections by now. Few on the Bay though, but pricey. Unitas and Starr are going to be tough as well.
Banner By jbel4331

What is your updated need list?
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]

yes indeed....I just want a Marino bad!!
Our lists have several different players so it will be neat to see them side by side.
When I finally get mine done....I will probably do the next 25 in the list......or possibly do another top list.
Maybe top 25 defensive players of all time...top running backs...who knows haha.
Maybe top 30 dolphins of all time Smile already have a solid start on that!!