`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?

RE: Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?
Adrian Peterson- because he's a once in a generation-type talent
Kevin Durant- He's the best in the league AND is a Texas Ex
Chris Johnson- Not sure why, but he intrigues me
Darren Mcadden- ^ see above
Ken Griffey Jr.- loved that guy since i was a kid. My favorite player of all time in any sport!
Looking for 2008 Topps Darren McFadden #346B (FB) and Jonathan Stewart #348B (No Helmet)!
Hook 'Em Horns \m/

I collected Marino forever. Grew up a Fins fan, will die a Fins fan. Marino was, and is, the Miami Dolphins. Any other player to ever come along to topple Dan would have to be the greatest football player ever.
His cards are the only ones that ever get me super enthusiastic in this hobby again. I've pulled A LOT of nice cards, but none have made me as happy as the Icons Letterman 'M' of Marino I pulled in 2008.

I also collected Isaac Bruce. He started as an investment when I saw him scortch the Fin for 200+ yards at the end of 1995. No one else collected him and everyone was collecting Dan, so I was constantly getting free cards of Bruce at the cardshop I worked at. As I learned more about him, I became more enthused. I stopped collecting him when I stopped working at cardshops in 2001, just became harder to find his cards and wasn't as fun. I often find cool cards of his and stare at them, then put them back. Just can't seem to bring myself to buy any anymore.

I now also have side PC's of Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. I bought a huge Fins lot off eBay because it had 2 rare Marino GU'd. Going through the cards, I found myself setting the Surtain and Madison cards. They don't have a lot of cards between them, so I started buying them when I can. Again, not as fanatical as I am with Marino. A MAdison 2000 Limited Limited Series 29/35 (Jersey #) was on COMC for $5, and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. Still half kicking myself.

So, I collect these guys because they make me smile. I enjoyed watching them all play. I enjoy buying their cards.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I collect Ricky Williams because when I lived in Austin he was playing for the Longhorns and I loved watching him play. I moved to Miami in summer of 01 and he was traded to the Phins in 02 and me and a buddy happened to have season tickets and got to watch him play in Miami Big Grin The games just werent the same when he wasnt there and we found ourselves skipping games until he came back lol. He is the only "player collection" I have been able to stick to.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I collect Randy Moss because of many reasons. First is of course how UNBELIEVABLE AND EXCITING he was! Second is that I see alot of my own personality in his, the way he deals with drama and his outlaw "do my own thing" image! He was a real loyal and misunderstood player who outside of the media koolaid is a great guy. He in my opinion is 10x what Jerry Rice was as a WR he just didn't have the longevity or situations to break all his records. I will always collect Moss well into the future and he'll always remain my all time favorite football player!

All my PC guys are from Boston Sports and grew up and live in the Boston area.

-Brady, no explanation needed lol

-Branch, my favorite receiver on the team, was so excited when he came back

-Brown, epitome of a hard worker and true teammate

-Pierce, love that he stayed with the team through the crap year, a career long Celtic

Collect Quizz cause of the "he can't" mentallity most people have on him due to his size. Love watching college football, and following players, and 2 1/2 years ago Quizz caught my eye as one of those guys when you're on the field you're thinking "Where the F is he?" His dedication to the game and to succeed was shown to me through the rest of college and there was really no other college player that captivated me in 2010. (Crabtree in 2007-2008 but his cards got way to expensive once i started to get back into the hobby)
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(08-06-2011, 01:42 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Collect Quizz cause of the "he can't" mentallity most people have on him due to his size. Love watching college football, and following players, and 2 1/2 years ago Quizz caught my eye as one of those guys when you're on the field you're thinking "Where the F is he?" His dedication to the game and to succeed was shown to me through the rest of college and there was really no other college player that captivated me in 2010. (Crabtree in 2007-2008 but his cards got way to expensive once i started to get back into the hobby)
He's actually a great PC guy with poential, just wait for Turner to get hurt(usually does at least for a lil each season) and Jaquizz will get his chance.

(08-06-2011, 01:46 PM)bostonsports1 Wrote: He's actually a great PC guy with poential, just wait for Turner to get hurt(usually does at least for a lil each season) and Jaquizz will get his chance.
Yah, already know Matt Ryan loves the guy and they have him poised as the 3rd down back with Snelling now gone. IMO he was a steal in the 5th round as all these other "blah" RBs were taken off the board.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(08-06-2011, 01:51 PM)mattfastiggi Wrote: Yah, already know Matt Ryan loves the guy and they have him poised as the 3rd down back with Snelling now gone. IMO he was a steal in the 5th round as all these other "blah" RBs were taken off the board.
Agreed, he could be the late round sleeper this year, wouldn't surprise me.

I am new here and this is my first post. Still trying to figure out how to display my cards. But nonetheless, I am an Elway collector. My mom actually cheerleaded a few games for the Broncos when she was in college (this was before the Broncos had paid cheerleaders so they used college cheerleaders). I started watching the Broncos in 1986 because of her and naturally gravitated to Elway (first Elway card was 1986 Topps). From then on I rarely missed a game. I actually remember watching the Super Bowl against the Giants with a 100+ temp. Disappointed in the game but still brings back memories. I now have over 3000 different Elway cards and am always looking for more.
http://photobucket.com/johnelway

Always looking for Elway cards. Especially hard to find parallels and inserts from the '90s, i.e., any Leaf Mirror card or Donruss Elite parallel