`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?

RE: Player Collectors: Why are they your pc?
DeAngelo Williams- 1st, he plays for my team.
2nd, he's the best RB the Panthers have ever had (JStew is a very close 2nd).

2006- 814 total yds. and 2 TD's as a backup
2007- 892 and 5 as a backup
2008- 1636 and 20 as starter, sharing the load with JStew
2009- 1369 and 7 as starter, sharing the load
2010- only 361 and 1 TD due to injury

I have been a Vince Young fan since watching him destroy high school teams all day, me being such a HUGE Longhorn fan, was floored he ended up playing there...Wink I was at the Rose Bowl when he single handedly took over and beat USC... I have to admit that was one of the greatest days of my life...Wink I live in Houston/The Woodlands, and him being a home town hero doesn't hurt... I know he has had his ups and downs, but I will ALWAYS be his #1 fan, and I am thrilled he is getting a shot with the Eagles this year... I really think he is a good guy, I just think him being a superstar for so long, and always doing so well in the past eats him up when he doesn't... No matter what I will remain a loyal fan and supporter...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Emmitt Smith because he played for my favorite team The Dallas Cowboys.
He wore my favorite number #22.
AND he proved to everyone that he was the BEST Running Back to EVER play in the NFL.
He played the game with class and a lot of heart.

Everyone said he was too small and too slow to play in the NFL and when he was passed over by 16 other teams the Dallas Cowboys traded up to get him at #17 in the first round in 1990. All he has done since then is win R.O.Y. in 1990, Win 3 SuperBowls, Win NFL MVP,Win SuperBowl MVP, and All Time Rushing Leader in the NFL with 18.355 yards not to mention leads all running backs with 164 career rushing touchdowns.

I collect Emmitt Smith jersey and auto cards!!!

[Image: 128275960523260m.jpg]

My Lil Emmitt Smith PC - http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-899584.html

LANCE BRIGGS

Love this guy. Great player and makes an excellent duo with Urlacher. He was a steal in the 03 Draft...3rd round I believe. He also doesnt have TOO many cards (with about 325), which doesnt make it impossible to collect Smile

Career Stats:
6x Pro Bowl Selection (05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10)
Tackles: 853 (106 average per year is very good)
Sacks: 10.5
INTs: 12

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

Hey, my name is Marty I live in Idaho. since i was about 8 years old Iv'e been a Denver Bronco's fan,and Elway was my child hood Hero Iv'e collected cards off and on since 1980 there's been point's in my life were i had stopped collecting then started again but when i was 8 i told my self that i will try to get every ind elway card made well that's impossible unless i was a millionare but im still trying lol I have about 850 to 900 individual elway give or take . When the mid 90's/2000's hit when all those inserts parellels GU Auto 1/1's came out that's when i realized i will never get everyone but im still at it because it's a hobby that i love it's not about the money like some people that use the hobby for .my elway collection is the last thing in the world i would get rid of ...
a> href="http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n510/marty74elwaybroncos/?action=view&current=martywood74.jpg" target="_blank">my sig banner

Clyde Gates
1) I didnt collect a certain wr yet
2) He plays for one of my favorite teams
3) He looks really good in preseason
4) I didnt pick a certain guy yet in 2011 i wanted to collect until him
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(08-06-2011, 02:59 PM)superynaldo Wrote: I have been a Vince Young fan since watching him destroy high school teams all day, me being such a HUGE Longhorn fan, was floored he ended up playing there...Wink I was at the Rose Bowl when he single handedly took over and beat USC... I have to admit that was one of the greatest days of my life...Wink I live in Houston/The Woodlands, and him being a home town hero doesn't hurt... I know he has had his ups and downs, but I will ALWAYS be his #1 fan, and I am thrilled he is getting a shot with the Eagles this year... I really think he is a good guy, I just think him being a superstar for so long, and always doing so well in the past eats him up when he doesn't... No matter what I will remain a loyal fan and supporter...
Me and you are not all that far apart. you familiar with the conroe area just a lil north of the woodlands? that my hometown. Also a long time horns fan.

As for the guys i collect i collect them both for the same reasons. They are young, have huge amounts of potential, play for my fav team, and so far dont command a huge amount of money like some the other already elite guys do. Hopefully this will be the first full time year both of em can remain healthy and show what they can do.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I collect Darrelle Revis because he is on my team, he is the best cornerback ever,he is my favorite player, and his cards aren't to pricey. Why I like the Jets on the other hand, I will never know. They are just an awesome team.
J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!
Collecting:

-football
curtis martin

-basketball
eric bledsoe

One reason I started collecting Harry Douglas cause I could afford him. I really started liking the player collections back in 08 due to all of the ones that I seen on here. I was really jealous of the ones I seen. So I looked around for a rookie in 08 products since it was a new class and I could get most of their cards. Matt Ryan stuff was to expensive. I looked at Harry cards and they were reasonable and figured that he was pretty good in college and Ryan had a good target.

I must say, it has been a wonderful experience. I never spent more than $60 on one card until I started collecting Harry. I am also the type, once I started something I will not stop until I am satisfied. So I am still collecting him. I want to get 99% of his cards (there are other people collecting him that won't give up their collection). I have 33 1/1's, all of his top rookie cards except the dual exquiste logo sheld of him and James Hardy. I have met him numberous of times. Last thing I need is to get an authentic jersey and have him to sign it and maybe a full sized helmet.
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/kollectornet/

Mainly collect Harry Douglas, Baltimore sports teams and Atlanta sports teams.

[Image: harry.jpg]

Nice read. I went through David Carr, The Texans, Eddie George (Oilers uniform only), Kevin Kolb and Donnie Avery. If you could connect the dots you could probably tell what city I'm from. In any case, I finally settled on Kolb due to the fact that I went to the same school as he did. David Carr got traded, some of my Texans PC players never made the team or was let go and it was just difficult to collect a player who played most of his games for the Titans and Cowboys, my least favorite teams. I had a good run collecting Avery but had to sell in order to make more room for my growing Kolb collection.

I kept up with Kolb a little since he was a freshman and thought that one day this kid was going to be special. I anticipated the day he would get drafted and hoped that the Texans would take him but Schaub was just traded for. After being drafted by the Eagles I didn't think about collecting him but after getting my first 1/1 of him it was on. Even after he got traded to the Cards I didn't flinch that he moved teams b/c the only thing that mattered to me was that he went to the same school I did =)
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]