`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Rant

My Rant
I hate for someone to outbid me on something that I really wanted, only to see them resale it and it sells for less than what they bought it for (or if it sells at all). That has happen to me twice in the last two weeks.

I hate to see someone call a card 1/1 and it's not. If the item is his/her jersey number, a specific type of patch, the first or last serial number of the card dosen't make it 1/1. It's just one of whatever the card is numbered to. Sorry.

While I'm on it. I hate to see someone call a proof card from the Fleer auction a 1/1. I've seen someone sell TWO identical proof cards (diff. auctions) and say "1/1?" in the listing. What are you questioning? If you are selling TWO of them it should be impossible for your brain to tell you it could be a 1/1.

I hate it when I spend alot of money on wax and the cards are damaged inside the box. When you open the packs the cards that you really want usually get damaged, lol.

If you can relate to my rants please respond.

I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

RE: My Rant
To be honest I feel everything you stated. The 1/1 of thing gets me the most. Its just someones way of trying to make more money off of something that can sell itself. I never understood it myself, that's why when I see something like that I move no matter how bad I like/want it. It just means I don't NEED it cause the price tag is always TOO much!!!

The rant about cards being messed up wont even express the times I get something nice, to only see a corner look jacked. Sometimes I think card companies do it on purpose...lol WHY does it have to my primed patch though. It could have been any of the common cards, but no its my prime patch...lol I'm done! Smile

Next!!!
[Image: 9ersncrabtree.jpg]

as far as calling cards 1/1 of course that comment makes them sell higher but if you want it you are going to know what it is if you dont than you wont technically if its written #1/1 i am sure it is serial #ed to just that or 1/1 meaning the frirst, last jersey # it only means that its the only one like it thats why they have a thing called a description that hopefully if you are bidding you will read it or ask the question if you are unsure as far as banged cards it happens all the time just send it back and hope that someone cares damage happens during printing shipping and ripping it will never change

(07-22-2011, 07:04 PM)zip726 Wrote: as far as calling cards 1/1 of course that comment makes them sell higher but if you want it you are going to know what it is if you dont than you wont technically if its written #1/1 i am sure it is serial #ed to just that or 1/1 meaning the frirst, last jersey # it only means that its the only one like it thats why they have a thing called a description that hopefully if you are bidding you will read it or ask the question if you are unsure as far as banged cards it happens all the time just send it back and hope that someone cares damage happens during printing shipping and ripping it will never change
LOL now this is a rant! No periods, commas, or anything! Just a bunch of words flying at you all at once!

http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/kylel0926/

Want: Dwight Howard Autos, Patches & RC Refractors, RC Autos of Cousins, Greg Monroe, Derozan, Harden, Jrue Holiday, any other STAR Autos!

(07-22-2011, 07:10 PM)klarson03 Wrote: LOL now this is a rant! No periods, commas, or anything! Just a bunch of words flying at you all at once!
flowing very freely . its not hard to understand . who needs proper punctuation

(07-22-2011, 07:04 PM)zip726 Wrote: as far as calling cards 1/1 of course that comment makes them sell higher but if you want it you are going to know what it is if you dont than you wont technically if its written #1/1 i am sure it is serial #ed to just that or 1/1 meaning the frirst, last jersey # it only means that its the only one like it thats why they have a thing called a description that hopefully if you are bidding you will read it or ask the question if you are unsure as far as banged cards it happens all the time just send it back and hope that someone cares damage happens during printing shipping and ripping it will never change
I understand what you're saying but...

If I'm using a search engine, I don't want to find a lot of stuff that I'm not looking for. Meaning if I'm looking for 1/1's of a specific person I don't want to end up with 150 diff items that I have to search threw, just to find out that there are only 25 diff items that really fit my criteria. If you sell a LeBron item that's numbered 6/199, then just put that. Don't put 1/1, because it's not, it's 6/199. If I wanted to find his jersey # I'd search for it.

I know that you can send cards back, but that really is a headace. You have to contact, package and wait for the items to come in (at your expense).

I understand why people do these things and I understand what to do in certain situations. That dosen't mean it doesn't get on your nerves.
(07-22-2011, 06:40 PM)9ersncrabtree Wrote: To be honest I feel everything you stated. The 1/1 of thing gets me the most. Its just someones way of trying to make more money off of something that can sell itself. I never understood it myself, that's why when I see something like that I move no matter how bad I like/want it. It just means I don't NEED it cause the price tag is always TOO much!!!

The rant about cards being messed up wont even express the times I get something nice, to only see a corner look jacked. Sometimes I think card companies do it on purpose...lol WHY does it have to my primed patch though. It could have been any of the common cards, but no its my prime patch...lol I'm done! Smile

Next!!!
lol
(07-22-2011, 07:10 PM)klarson03 Wrote: LOL now this is a rant! No periods, commas, or anything! Just a bunch of words flying at you all at once!
lol

(07-22-2011, 07:18 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I understand what you're saying but...

If I'm using a search engine, I don't want to find a lot of stuff that I'm not looking for. Meaning if I'm looking for 1/1's of a specific person I don't want to end up with 150 diff items that I have to search threw, just to find out that there are only 25 diff items that really fit my criteria. If you sell a LeBron item that's numbered 6/199, then just put that. Don't put 1/1, because it's not, it's 6/199. If I wanted to find his jersey # I'd search for it.

I know that you can send cards back, but that really is a headace. You have to contact, package and wait for the items to come in (at your expense).

I understand why people do these things and I understand what to do in certain situations. That dosen't mean it doesn't get on your nerves.

lol

lol
totally agree returning is a headache and getting that many things in a search is also but it is a way to get more people looking even if it means a few have to filter out the unwanted

(07-22-2011, 05:56 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: I hate to see someone call a card 1/1 and it's not. If the item is his/her jersey number, a specific type of patch, the first or last serial number of the card dosen't make it 1/1. It's just one of whatever the card is numbered to. Sorry.
This one has always bothered me too. Its the last card printed therefore its a 1/1! Such garbage! Whenever I see this I want to send them a message saying I have the 5th card printed which by their definition is also a 1/1. By that thinking any card is a "1/1" because it is the only card with that serial number on it. It could be numbered 1453/1999 and it would still be considered a 1/1 because it is the only card numbered 1453/1999...anything to sell right?

I also cant stand how people make their cards look better than they really are. It bothers me how people will lie and put words in the description to make their common card look amazing. Really annoys me.

I also get annoyed when people jack the price up on a card when the price they have is 10x more than the card books for.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

nickm- Sometimes I find myself looking at the auctions of stuff that has an insance price, only to hate myself for wasting my time, lol. It's like channel surfing and you stop on a channel, and you realized that you've been watching telemundo for about 10min. You don't know why or how you ended up doing it.

[Image: e3e270be.gif]
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35