`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or what?

RE: Is it just me or what?
I turned my email settings off, but I check the trade tab like 404040 times a day.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

In case you didnt know, you can turn off email so members will not email you but still receieve notifications about trades
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(07-16-2011, 07:39 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I get an email every time a message is added to a trade or if a trade is countered/sent to me.
So do I but I barely ever check my email
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

i check my email daily and the only time ive ever gotten notification from beckett is when someone add a comment to an already existing trade. otherwise i don't get squat. and yes my email settings are fine
no org, please do not send trade requests

(07-16-2011, 09:54 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: i check my email daily and the only time ive ever gotten notification from beckett is when someone add a comment to an already existing trade. otherwise i don't get squat. and yes my email settings are fine
you might want to check your settings again-if you get notified of comments then u should get notified of trade offers too unless that box is not checked.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I too get notified with everything about trades through my email. As much complaining as I did about Beckett during the switch to the new site and the problems before, I am actually pretty happy with the new site since I started using it again.

Ive pretty much decided to just buy the org and pricing for baseball once every three or four months. Have some trade bait stashed and knock out 30 trades that month. Just do small base trades on other sites in between. I build alot of sets though so I have to do those trades and I know ralpho you do NOT trade for base cards. Just high end for you, so you dont have many 40 for 40 card trades.

This was my month here and it started a little earlier than I had pricing or organize back. Trying to trade like that can be frustrating unless it is 1 or 2 card deals. I think I did ten trades just yesterday. There are a BILLION ginter cards changing hands here everyday since it came out.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

(07-16-2011, 06:30 PM)iamralpho Wrote: Is it just me or is it now with the new site people are LESS active responding to trades?

I used to get 10+ trade offers/responses/PM's a day pretty much and now I get 10+ trade offers just sitting there from traders that I sent out.

And I am not even talking about sending blind offers on cards to traders who havent been on for months, but logging in the past week or so.

It is maddening, it makes me really question staying/paying here at times.
Last year i would post a scan of a card i pulled & would get numerous trade requests even if it was NFT. Now after the updated site the amount of offers have lessened tremendously. I think a lot of people left during the transition & haven't returned.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

i have found that the more upgrades made here the harder it is to do anything. I personally don't have the time to spend hours trying to work with organize.

I would disagree, trades are much easier with org than trying to complete a trade through posts or pm's, then looking up bv's. That takes up way more time than looking through the organize.
With organize, You see all the cards the other trader has and its bv right in front of you.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired