`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst 2011 product, what gets your vote??

RE: Worst 2011 product, what gets your vote??
(01-20-2012, 05:11 PM)geezhound Wrote: Same here. I only bought 1 box, but it had 2 identical, non-numbered J.J. Watt autos and a single color Delone Carter jersey. Never again.
thats not to bad, i love jj watt being a badger fan

I'm not bashing the J.J., but 2 of the same non-numbered rookie autos in the same box?

And the box happens to be called "LEGENDS"!

(01-20-2012, 04:22 PM)BigBadBootyDaddy Wrote: I'm gonna go outside the box and say Timeless Treasures just because I felt like I was cheated when I bought it. A bunch of single color jerseys and bottom feeding rookie signatures, really disappointed for a high-end product.
Yeah, 1/1 cards should always be patches
[Image: 2012-01-10231614.jpg]

PS I am very grateful for my 1/1, I just think it's wrong when higher numbered cards have better patches

I liked legends but my lcs break 2 boxes a month in our draft and I have seen some nice hits, I got a Larry brown auto, cam newton stamp card, and many others.

I didn't like timeless treasures. Got the same Torrey smith card twice in the same tin as my hits.

I think my votes will go to Legends as well. Gold Standard is a close 2nd. The only thing that saved Gold Standard is those silver sharpie autos are just cool looking cards.

(01-20-2012, 04:51 PM)bselje Wrote: Also, I know they are low end products anyway, but how about the Press Pass and SAGE stuff from this year?? Not even any college team logos?? If its that way next year, I'll avoid them both like the plague (except for PP Legends of course)
That's because Upper Deck owns the NCAA rights. PP and Sage CAN'T use college logos until UD dies a horrible death (which should be fairly soon, I hope).

My pick is not a product, but a company. I cannot express how disappointed I am with Panini this year. Specifically, I want my money back on my Gold Standard box, plus court costs. Three Jerrel Jernigan cards right in a row??? I am STILL PO'ed about it. Anyway, as far as their other products go, WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many redemptions. I would think by the end of the year, they would know who isn't signing cards and just skip them, especially when it is some scrub who didn't even make the practice squad. I've seen several autographed inserts that have been stamped, "NO AUTOGRAPH" in the past. Well... do that again! Too many set builders are waiting forever to get their never-will-ever-sign rookie cards. Another thing I HATED last year (and I hope doesn't happen this year, but will), was releasing 2010 product AFTER 2011 stuff is getting released. It will happen this year as well... I guarantee you we will see several 2011 products released AFTER some 2012 stuff it out. Wouldn't that make it a 2012 product?

And, although no one asked, I was surprised at the strides Topps made this year. They weren't perfect, but they were DEFINITELY better than they have been in the past.

(Sorry for the rant)
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(01-20-2012, 05:51 PM)all day baby Wrote: That's because Upper Deck owns the NCAA rights. PP and Sage CAN'T use college logos until UD dies a horrible death (which should be fairly soon, I hope).

My pick is not a product, but a company. I cannot express how disappointed I am with Panini this year. Specifically, I want my money back on my Gold Standard box, plus court costs. Three Jerrel Jernigan cards right in a row??? I am STILL PO'ed about it. Anyway, as far as their other products go, WAAAAAAYYYYYY too many redemptions. I would think by the end of the year, they would know who isn't signing cards and just skip them, especially when it is some scrub who didn't even make the practice squad. I've seen several autographed inserts that have been stamped, "NO AUTOGRAPH" in the past. Well... do that again! Too many set builders are waiting forever to get their never-will-ever-sign rookie cards. Another thing I HATED last year (and I hope doesn't happen this year, but will), was releasing 2010 product AFTER 2011 stuff is getting released. It will happen this year as well... I guarantee you we will see several 2011 products released AFTER some 2012 stuff it out. Wouldn't that make it a 2012 product?

And, although no one asked, I was surprised at the strides Topps made this year. They weren't perfect, but they were DEFINITELY better than they have been in the past.

(Sorry for the rant)
Whats wrong with Jerrel jernigan!! lol. Hes ok in my book Smile but def see what u mean

I see a lot put timeless treasures down. I forgot about that one thats how memorable that break was. would have to give them my vote as well.

Upper Deck. Should have come with a small jar of vaseline
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Upper Deck sucked and, once known for it's great style, even the retro cards lacked any pizzaz...Rookie Rising, like someone else pointed out was overblown and seemed like it WAS printed on toilet paper..
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I have to agree with All Day, Panini was not what it was last year. Then for me its Gridiron Gear, I got a nice Selmon auto but not a single Rc of even anyone decent. To me the Rookie cards are also a big part of a box.
Topps Prime to me is one of my favorites from top to bottom.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/