`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst 2011 product, what gets your vote??

Worst 2011 product, what gets your vote??
I should had done this at the start of the new year. Maybe someone has. But thought I would do it now. What is the worst 2011 product you bought or what you thought was the worst?

Mine is a tie between 2 Topps products. Topps Legends and Topps Rising rookies.

Rising rookies came with a ton of rookies which i like, but they felt like they were printed on toilet paper. The design was lacking on the base cards and I didn't do so well in a box break. The inserts put me asleep. The memorabilia and autos all looked the same. It was nice to have the rookies early on, but other than that...

Topps Legends I found cheap and had my wife get me a box for my only Christmas hobby break. And I made the wrong decision by far. The base cards looked nice which lured me in. But I didn't get a Cam Newton rookie in my box. was the only rookie i didnt get. My autograph for the box was a backup tightend that i have never heard of in my life from the colts. If he even plays there anymore. The jersey card swatches were the size of my little toe. The overall break was awful. The cards were just dull.

This just my opinion. My favorites were Certified and Crown Royale.

What did you guys think?

RE: Worst 2011 product, what gets your vote??
Prestige is HORRIBLE!!!!!
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(01-20-2012, 04:04 PM)warcraftin Wrote: Prestige is HORRIBLE!!!!!
This
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

Prestige and Gridiron Legends are tied for most craptastic new product. I feel like I was savagely burned by both.

I'm gonna go outside the box and say Timeless Treasures just because I felt like I was cheated when I bought it. A bunch of single color jerseys and bottom feeding rookie signatures, really disappointed for a high-end product.

Not sure about worst, too many to list actually (LOL) but I would say I was most disappointed with Topps Legends. I was hoping for a shot at a Legends auto, or even Legends jersey - but all I got out of 2 boxes were some 7th round bum autos and 5 dollar memorabilia cards of rookies.
Also, I know they are low end products anyway, but how about the Press Pass and SAGE stuff from this year?? Not even any college team logos?? If its that way next year, I'll avoid them both like the plague (except for PP Legends of course)
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

For me definitely Upper Deck. Did not buy but a few packs because I just didn't see anything I liked from it.
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

(01-20-2012, 04:22 PM)BigBadBootyDaddy Wrote: I'm gonna go outside the box and say Timeless Treasures just because I felt like I was cheated when I bought it. A bunch of single color jerseys and bottom feeding rookie signatures, really disappointed for a high-end product.
+1
Current projects:
2014 Topps Heritage
2012 Gypsy Queen master set
Super Bowl Winning QB autos
1965 Topps baseball[Image: fellerryanben_zpse6968d67.jpg]

Gotta be Timeless Treasures. lol I paid 100 when it first came out and now the tins are down to like 60.I mean there was some awesome inserts and I'm pretty sure one of the mods JK Amsterdam has it, which is a Jim Thorpe cut Auto but besides the few cut autos it was complete garbage.Too many tins had 1 auto,usually a sucky rookie and then 2 mem cards.

(01-20-2012, 04:51 PM)bselje Wrote: Not sure about worst, too many to list actually (LOL) but I would say I was most disappointed with Topps Legends. I was hoping for a shot at a Legends auto, or even Legends jersey - but all I got out of 2 boxes were some 7th round bum autos and 5 dollar memorabilia cards of rookies.
Same here. I only bought 1 box, but it had 2 identical, non-numbered J.J. Watt autos and a single color Delone Carter jersey. Never again.