`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
I will get some scans for sure, never posted on Beckett. But I was in the magazine as a super collector in 2013.

Love this thread, I collect Tennessee Vols and the dedication of some of you makes me smile.
This is a great card for any Jets, Jags or Tennessee fan.
although the base rookie, die cut and mirror gold/red are listed in beckett.
the promo versions are not listed.

AND it is NOT SHAUN ELLIS....it is John Henderson.

[Image: 2000Certfied-Ellis-HendersonError_zps784d1634.jpg]
[Image: 2000Certfied-Ellis-HendersonReverseError...90568d.jpg]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-30-2014, 06:03 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The entire auto set in 5 sport had an /225 version. They also included several players/drivers who did not have a base version. The /225 versions could only be found in hot boxes.
On a quick side note I know there are actually other similar basketball Signature Rookie phone cards from the set I discussed a few posts ago, and possibly other variations not listed for the other Classic Five-Sport non-football autographs, that are not yet OPG listed.

It would make sense that the Zeier, May and Walsh 225 autos were also issued. I am inclined to believe you that those also exist. Someday I may stumble upon those as well.

Actually I did notice that there are no Drew Bledsoe and Steve Young auto base variations listed.

According to the 03-04 Beckett annual price guide, the /225 variations were inserted in to the 1995-96 Classic Signings packs, however the /625 variations were inserted in to the 1995 Classic Five-Sport Hot Box packs. I think I understood the explanations in the book correctly.

On second thought, I want to expound on my last post a little more. I want to elucidate how confusing all these Five-Sport auto variations can be. I posted the following examples before in this thread but this is the first time that I have all five of these variations scanned together:
[Image: scan0001_zps1ba5a61e.jpg][Image: scan0002_zps4e597aeb.jpg]
If you look closely none of these are alike and I think I might have an idea where at least four of them comes from. The ones on the far left, top and bottom, are from the main 1995 Classic Five-Sport set while the bottom right one is from the 1995-96 Classics Signings set. I believe the one in the center or far right in the top row is the base autograph for 1995-96 Classic Signings. At this time I am inclined to believe the base is the one on the top right however. If true I can not figure out the origination of the one in the top center, and it is not currently listed either. It even looks like a fake auto to me as well, but because it is the only one with an NFLPA logo on the bottom back it is a true variation to me anyway.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(07-30-2014, 03:04 PM)jeffcayce Wrote: I will get some scans for sure, never posted on Beckett. But I was in the magazine as a super collector in 2013.

Love this thread, I collect Tennessee Vols and the dedication of some of you makes me smile.
This is a great card for any Jets, Jags or Tennessee fan.
although the base rookie, die cut and mirror gold/red are listed in beckett.
the promo versions are not listed.

AND it is NOT SHAUN ELLIS....it is John Henderson.
Welcome and thanks for your submission.

Concerning on what you asked previously as to whether anyone from Beckett actually looks at this thread or not, I can prove that there indeed have been a number of submissions on this thread made by me and others previously that I know have since been included in the OPG. For anyone who wants to attempt to get something added it would help to contact an appropriate Beckett staff member and ask that your recommendations be listed, which I will myself eventually do again. Not too long ago I updated the previous posts made by me on this thread. Someday if anyone is bored, and I do mean really bored, you can look through those posts from the beginning and read what is now listed.

I want to go back to discuss your scans. You are correct, those promos are not listed in the OPG. Within the past year or so those have been listed online in bunches. It seems that promos are out there for all, or at least most, of the Playoff/Donruss/Leaf base/parallel/insert sets for 2000 and 2001. Logically these most likely were locked in a vault all this time until recently. Perhaps those at Panini are now cleaning out the closets containing items belonging to the previous tenant.

It is debatable whether Beckett would ever consider adding those to the OPG though. These are borderline secondary market items. I will state, and this is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth, that I would consider adding these to the OPG if it was me. Although these were never released to the public in the conventional way they are legitimate promos, assuming of course these are factory stamped promos which makes all the difference in the world.

*Updated 1/16/16

1995 (?) Signature Rookies Kromax football promos

I highly doubt that there is a Kromax football set floating around out there that was ever produced. The Kromax brand name was reserved exclusively for the basketball sets that were being released during this time. It seems that Signature Rookies was also going to put out a football line under this name in to the market as well but never did. These could have been issued in those basketball packs or given away at a show.

I recently discovered that a Warren Sapp was produced. I currently believe that only four exist. J.J Stokes is card number number 3.

[Image: s-l1600%203_zpsbcn5sfxr.jpg]
[Image: s-l1600%204_zpsp3wulvl2.jpg]
[Image: _12%205_zpsgwptnfrt.jpg]

Signature Rookies also sold direct to customers out of the factory. They have a lot of items like this Salaam that were bonuses for buying certain sets direct.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(07-30-2014, 11:04 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Welcome and thanks for your submission.

Someday if anyone is bored, and I do mean really bored, you can look through those posts from the beginning and read what is now listed.
I did it yesterday, It is a great thread

2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blasters Edition

scan sucks....but its doesnt have the glitter silver front, instead a plain dull silver.

[Image: DSC02645.jpg]

Here are some more cards Beckett doesn't list in the OPG or the annual book edition. This particular one is a 1970 APBA. I bought the entire team set off Ebay recently. These were from a fantasy board game and they have made them over several decades. Here is their website: http://apbagames.com/
I realize they are not technically football cards but Beckett lists coke caps and posters and other boardgame cards. Why not this one? There seems to be enough movement on Ebay to price them.
 photo img022_zps045a2c90.jpg
 photo img023_zps0b2d6732.jpg

I don't think a game piece listing the players names qualifies as a card that should be listed. Then we have Stratomatic cards being listed along with Trivia cards, etc.

I'm with Marinocollector in that they shouldn't be listed, but I own a 1983 Dolphins APBA set just for memories' sake. I loved that game and played it every day as a kid.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --