`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-31-2014, 10:02 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Signature Rookies also sold direct to customers out of the factory. They have a lot of items like this Salaam that were bonuses for buying certain sets direct.
I believe that. There are still a number of Signature Rookies releases that I will touch on in the future.

(07-31-2014, 11:19 AM)jeffcayce Wrote: I did it yesterday, It is a great thread
Cool, thanks dude!

(07-31-2014, 04:32 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: 2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart Blasters Edition

scan sucks....but its doesnt have the glitter silver front, instead a plain dull silver.
Interesting, do you know if other 2001 Quantum Leaf K-Mart blaster cards have this same feature?

(07-31-2014, 09:18 PM)jjoy Wrote: Here are some more cards Beckett doesn't list in the OPG or the annual book edition. This particular one is a 1970 APBA. I bought the entire team set off Ebay recently. These were from a fantasy board game and they have made them over several decades. Here is their website: http://apbagames.com/
I realize they are not technically football cards but Beckett lists coke caps and posters and other boardgame cards. Why not this one? There seems to be enough movement on Ebay to price them.
These are very cool collectibles. They do indeed have a very nostalgic element to them. Thanks for taking the time to show an example.

Nonetheless, as what was stated in the the two subsequent posts, I do not think Beckett would list those though. Just from my own observation (and it is just an observation), if an item does not feature an actual picture of a player then I do not think Beckett will acknowledge it by listing in their physical and/or online price guides. The one glaring exception that I can think of are those 1997 Action Packed Extra Point redemption cards and I cannot even figure that one out.

An example of another boardgame type card that is listed however are those from the 1997 NFL-opoly game, but there is a color picture on the front for each player that is featured.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
Then there could/should be a argument concerning the 97 Action Packed Extra point cards.....

Fellows I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. They list 1989 franchise board game cards as well as 1974 parker brothers. Granted they have player photos on them but still. They list coke caps and plastic cups and posters and rc cola cans because they are football collectibles. Well these apba cards are football collectibles as well. At least they are made of cardboard. In my opinion the should be listed.

Yes... the Kmart blasters of 2001 Quantum base veterans were a different set. It stated on the package.

Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-02-2014, 08:44 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Yes... the Kmart blasters of 2001 Quantum base veterans were a different set. It stated on the package.
There are 296 cards in this set and the last 96 are RCs, so if what you are stating is true there are 200 parallel retail base cards from this major set that are currently omitted from the checklists. That is a big discovery. I have since looked through my own duplicates in the hope of finding one without all that sparkly stuff on it, but no such luck so far.

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Auto-Phonex $2 Phone Cards (4,000m)

A while back I bought a phone card lot since I knew there were a couple in it that I needed for my collection.

[Image: scan0007_zps282e10ae.jpg][Image: scan0008_zpsb4b611f0.jpg]

That same year Signature Rookies put out a 100 card Tetrad Autobilia multi-sport set, which most likely means these phone cards are affiliated with this set (inserts maybe). 23 of these 100 cards are football. I noticed there are similar looking phone cards for the basketball and baseball cards of this same set, some are autographed as well, but I am just focused on football here.

The phone card numbers shown on the backs above correspond to the player number cards of the main Tetrad Autobilia card set, with one glaring exception. Phone card # 63 Warren Sapp is not featured in the card set, instead that is the card number of Ki-Jana Carter in that main card set. I do believe that a Ki-Jana Carter phone card does not exist in this set and I strongly believe that some of the other players featured in the main card set do not appear in this phone card set either, and vise versa (to a lesser extent, if other Sapp-like examples exist). I do remember seeing a phone card listed online for Auburn WR Frank Sanders as well, presumably it is card # 62 just like in the main card set. There may be other examples out there as well that I am not aware of currently.

BTW, ginge01 originally also showed the Kyle Brady example on this thread many posts ago.

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Auto-Phonex Shooting Stars $5 Promos (1,000m) and Autos (800m).

These are some additional multi-sport phone cards that are unnumbered but are also promos. Shown below are promos for goalie Jim Carey, Ki-Jana Carter and Jerry Stackhouse. I do not know at this time if promos also exist for Yankee prospect Ruben Rivera and NBAer Joe Smith. The reasons as to why I specifically mentioned those two will be made clear soon.

[Image: KGrHqFi8E3Rk7VUBBOKiOJ3g0_121_zps41051e6f.jpg][Image: KGrHqNHJEFBny-NDyvBQcPTTeEeQ60_57_zps5404aacb.jpg][Image: DSC_3277_zps9b7c867f.jpg]

I found two additional non-sample phone cards as well which are numbered to 800. Smith and Stackhouse are numbered SS7 and SS9 respectively as can be seen. Logic dictates that due to the numbering more of these phone cards most likely exist of other players, but I have not yet discovered any. Curiously I could not find any non-promo/auto phone cards either.

[/IMG][/URL][Image: _572_zps68d69180.jpg][Image: T2eC16hzgFIdJSVb4BSTSUFkRZ60_57_zps58291787.jpg][Image: KGrHqEOKowFHkIriCFVBSBzumMBVw60_57_zps534bb5fa.jpg][Image: _575_zps388d5ec3.jpg]

These phone cards look very similar to a 1996 card set that I submitted here a while back which was subsequently added to the OPG.

(02-02-2013, 09:13 PM)nittany13 Wrote: *UPDATE - This 5 card set has now been added to the OPG.

1996 Signature Rookies Super Stars

[Image: KGrHqZiwFCgFqzPsBQ4Fc6g6Wg60_3_zps6fb2ecfe.jpg]

This apparently was a "mail-in" small multi-sport set from yesteryear. The set is numbered as followed: Carey SS1, Carter SS2, Rivera SS3, Smith SS4, Stackhouse SS5.

One, possibly two other cards are missing from a separate Signature Rookies promo set featuring names just mentioned.

Allow me to explain something first. There are two different sample sets that were released featuring these five guys. I first want to show a side by side comparision below (both Stackhouse cards are OPG listed BTW):
[Image: KGrHqZooFIwO-2GYEBSMNyib1og60_57_zps1ab79143.jpg][Image: _12_zps6596ba0a.jpg]
The fronts and backs of the cards have distinguishing features. The card on the left, which is numbered T3, is listed as 1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Auto-Phonex Test. The card on the right, which is numbered Promo 3, is listed as 1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Previews.

The three 1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Auto-Phonex Test cards currently listed in the OPG are T1 Jim Carey, T2 Ki-Jana Carter and T3 Jerry Stackhouse. I can confirm there is a Joe Smith version with an example shown below, presumably numbered T5 on the back, and logic dictates there is a Ruben Rivera (T4) out there somewhere as well.

[Image: 140_zps6a731fb1.jpg]

All five 1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Preview cards are listed as well, however since I am on this topic I want to make the Beckett staff aware of a couple minor errors and offer suggestions. First off, I would probably relabel this set and five cards individually as "1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Auto-Phonex Promos". I almost included this set as an item missing from the OPG, not initially realizing that this set was already listed. Also, the numbering system is incorrect. By all accounts it follows the same numbering order as the other sample set: Promo 1 Jim Carey, Promo 2 Ki-Jana Carter, Promo 3 Jerry Stackhouse, Promo 4 Ruben Rivera, Promo 5 Joe Smith.

[Image: _123_zpse4133a52.jpg][Image: _32_zps428a1134.jpg][Image: _121_zps053f9cae.jpg]

(1994? 1995?) Score Board $5 Phone Card (2,000m)

...just another minor one today. I wonder if there are any more of these specific phone cards out there featuring other players. I am currently not aware of any.

[Image: T2eC16RzYFIccfePtyBS1S4Wuqg60_57_zpse60dc22e-1.jpg]

1993 Front Row Gold Collection subsets

In 1993 the forgettable Front Row company released a ten card football set featuring five players in college uniforms. Each of those players were featured on their own two cards in the set. The five players in question are Eric Curry, Lincoln Kennedy, O.J. McDuffie, Qadry Ismail, and Andre Hastings. This ten card set, five promo cards and one 8x10 sheet featuring one card of each player on it are OPG listed. However there are other versions of these cards that are not, hence the reason why this set is a topic of discussion.

I discussed the following on post 37 of this thread:

(09-26-2009, 12:07 AM)nittany13 Wrote: 1993 Front Row Gold Collection Autographs

The Gold Collection set is in the registry but not these autographed beauties. O.J. McDuffie, Andre Hastings, Lincoln Kennedy, Eric Curry belong to this four card set in which only supposedly 300 were made. I do not see anything that differentiates these from the base versions besides the autograph itself and the "one" COA for all four of these cards. I guess this set was not made to be broken up Smile.

[Image: a405_1.jpg][Image: d102_1.jpg][Image: bdcd_1.jpg]
Since then I came across another version of an auto card:
[Image: _12_zpsdaa33067-1.jpg][Image: _121_zpscf16a9ef-1.jpg]
In this example supposedly only 1,000 cards were autographed. The latter also has one COA for the entire set. Having stated this, I could understand the reasoning why the 1,000 autographed one should not be listed. The only differentiating feature is the COA. I know the the inks of the cards in the photos are a different color, however I have seen multiple color inks used for the 1,000 one so I do not believe the ink color contrast was intentional.

I will point out that I am not certain if a "1,000 COA" version exists for the other four players in the set, but it is entirely possible. McDuffie is the only player that I collect from this set so that is how I know of its existence. The same statement also holds true for the following:
[Image: KGrHqVHJCUE-gWLFlq4BPuVhSpFnw60_121_zps0222052d.jpg][Image: _571_zps4ef303ef.jpg][Image: _572_zps471e00aa.jpg]
Both McDuffie cards have a 24 karat gold signature variation. The signature is stamped on in case there were any questions there. You can see that there is a COA stating 3,000 were produced.
[Image: _57_zpsef4f704e.jpg][Image: _5722_zps6081ddc2.jpg][Image: T2eC16VzQE9s3ssVw7BQmYky6vLw60_57_zps963a6640.jpg]
Last but not least there is an autographed 8x10 with signatures from all the players. The non-autographed 8x10 is listed but not the autographed one. The autographed one comes with a COA stating that 500 were autographed by all the players.