`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ot- nicest baseball players you have met? (and the not so nice)

Pete Rose was really nice. He liked that my brother's name is Ty.

My friend is a huge Braves fan and said Chipper was a huge jerk.

I took my 7 year old son to a card show in New Haven last year because Jim Rice was signing. Rice was my hero as a kid and I had a 1978 yearbook from my first game that I wanted him to sign. He signed the yearbook, but basically wanted nothing to do with any small talk. I left thinking he was a complete tool. Anyways - about an hour later we decide to leave and on the way out we see a couple of guys selling burgers and dogs outside the building on a grill. We decide to grab some burgers. Just then a nice car pulls up and Jim Rice gets out to buy a hotdog for the road. I end up talking with him for about 20 minutes - not as a fan talking to an athlete but just two guys talking about random stuff like the best hamburgers, the car he was driving, and somehow about how women today demand too much from their men (????? - still can't understand how we got on that topic). Long story short - when it was just two people talking about normal stuff, the guy was completely engaging, relaxed, funny, and personable.

nicest players ive gotten autos from: herbert perry, esteban loaiza, jose valentin, tim raines, billy koch, bo jackson, paul konerko, don sutton is an awesome person, roy oswalt in his RC year at spring training (dont know how he is now, but i knew he would be good and he signed a team ball and a solo one for me...very nice guy), pete roselots more to think of but im at work right now...lol

jerks: kip wells, aaron rowand just didnt seem to be interested, ben davis, jeff bagwell is a stroke, craig biggio seemed disinterested

I have only met Bobby Doerr, complete jerk, it was at a card show I paid to get the auto and waited in line I get up there he doesnt say one word and acted like i was commiting a crime because I went to shake his hand, complete jerk :cry: :cry: :cry:

seanho2309 Wrote:Nicest guys Russell Martin (Absolute Class Act), Andre Ethier, Ozzie Smith, Tim Lincecum, Jason Kendall, Huston Street, and Frank Thomas.

Worst: Only one that really stands Matt Kemp. My son and I met him at a Tri Star Show and he didn't even acknowledge the fans buying his auto. He was more interested in talking to the Tri Star rep beside him.
Wow, that guy made my jerk list. Trying to get him to sign out in Arizona when he was with the Pirates. I'm standing next to an 8 year old wearing his jersey, he looks up, sees the kid, and doesn't say a word to him. But he sat there and gave out autos and a free bat to these ppl he knew...yea, i've hated him ever since that day.

Nicest - Tom Browning

Not so nicest - Mike Schmidt

ryan mulhern. he is on the buffalo bisons, and he signs before EVERY game no matter what. one time, he had a tray of food in his had, told me to walk with him to his car, put the stuff in his car then signed. he was my favorite player, just because of his kindness, i mean the guy is a fan favorite.

jerk- josh barfield. everyday, tells me he will sign tommorrow, and when tommorrow comes, he says tommorrow again. one day, he told me the following, "you ask everyday, and everyday its no, give up you little #$%"

Quote:craig biggio seemed disinterested

Whoa, he always signs with interest. He is awesome.

nicest.......rocco baldelli and josh(triple crown) hamilton

I've only tried IP's with Braves players, but Yunel Escobar (posed for a picture) , Peter Moylan, Blaine Boyer, Kelly Johnson, Brian McCann and Edgar Renteria were all class acts. I missed out on McCann and Renteria, but I could see them chatting with fans.

Scott Throman was kind of disgruntled but still signed...