`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
here's an error for you
victor martinez with pedro martinez stats
[Image: goodies020.jpg]
[Image: goodies019.jpg]

CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:
Ohio_Collectibles Wrote:I've been scanning my Ryan collection a year or two a night. Hit the 1989's tonight and thought I would share my Finds

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154A.jpg]
154A INC & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154B.jpg]
154B INC. & *DENOTES

[Image: 1989_Donruss_154C.jpg]
154C INC. & *DENOTES* (Seems to be the most prolific)

Have not found any 154D INC & *DENOTES*
It does exist. I can verify all four versions with McGwire!
DITTO! I can verify for Ripken as well. All four.
ditto, ditto. I probably have one I can send your way. Ohio shoot me your addy if you see this.

onionring9 Wrote:Regarding the 1991 UD cards. I just got a lot of 100 that all have a 1992 Hologram...

Does that = fake or are these all a variant?!?
the difference all seem to be depending on print runs. So you could have 1000 of one type and only one of the other. It seems that your best bet is to by lots from as many different people/areas to find the veriations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-Bowman-Barry-Bo...dZViewItem

first time I had seen this error thought it was pretty interesting, 1992 bowman with topps football card overprint on front & a topps football card front on the back

updated some errors on my new Bonds list since I had lost my last list with my comp crash, here are some errors you might want to add
1987 Topps-BLANK FRONTS,WRONG BACKS ,BLANK BACKS?
1988 Topps-WRONG BACKS
1989 Bowman-BLANK FRONTS
1989 Topps -WRONG BACKS- BIG-BLANK BACKS
1990 Bowman -WRONG BACKS
1990 Topps-BLANK FRONTS
1991 Bowman-BLANK FRONTS
1991 Topps-BLANK FRONTS
1992 Topps-BLANK BACKS
1993 Topps-BLANK BACKS

topps/bowman sure seemed pretty consistant.

also why does Beckett not list proof cards, were they pretty much made for every card made?

The Bonds is most likely "Printer's Waste", rather than an error. Its more of a FREAK!

darthtampon Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Regarding the 1991 UD cards. I just got a lot of 100 that all have a 1992 Hologram...

the difference all seem to be depending on print runs. So you could have 1000 of one type and only one of the other. It seems that your best bet is to by lots from as many different people/areas to find the veriations.
I was more curious because of the year. It's a 1991 card with a 1992 hologram which makes no sense!

If anyone has jacksoncoupage's email, pls PM it to me. I've been trying to send him a message via Beckett.com but it won't go through. :?

onionring9 Wrote:
darthtampon Wrote:

I was more curious because of the year. It's a 1991 card with a 1992 hologram which makes no sense!
out of the 170 nolan ryan cards I have of this set I am not seeing any 92's. That being said I find it hard to believe that anybody would have bothered reprinting such a super low end card. The Mcgwire books likly less than $1.

On a side note, the 91's also seem to have a rounded left hand top corner on the holo. The 90's do not. All of my examples of each seem to have this tendincy, how about yours?

detroittigerfan1976 Wrote:here's an error for you
victor martinez with pedro martinez stats
[Image: goodies020.jpg]
[Image: goodies019.jpg]
This was printed intentiaionally as part of the set - the Victor/Pedro Martinez errors are on cards 40 and 48, and were intended to mirror the similar errors made with Frank and Milt Bolling int he 1955 set. Both cards are listed in Beckett's and checklists.

darthtampon Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:
darthtampon Wrote:

out of the 170 nolan ryan cards I have of this set I am not seeing any 92's. That being said I find it hard to believe that anybody would have bothered reprinting such a super low end card. The Mcgwire books likly less than $1.

On a side note, the 91's also seem to have a rounded left hand top corner on the holo. The 90's do not. All of my examples of each seem to have this tendincy, how about yours?
Here's the best scanning I can do. The first image I posted earlier to show the holo differences. The second is the 1991 card with a 1992 hologram. You can see it says 92 on it!

[Image: 1991uddeltas.jpg]
[Image: 1992udholo.jpg]