Gonna get the heave ho ASAP as medical bills piled up

[Image: full]

RE: RECENT SLABS / PICKUPS - PART 1
Due to some time constraints, and a desire to start knocking off scans to lower my insurance bill, I need to start to skip some sets. I have to get cracking at clean up and knocking off some of the list , while not bogging down all day looking for all items of a set. Insurance gals just gonna have to suffer.

This 2003-03 UD SUPERSTARS set when it initially came out was pretty cool I thought, but overlooked by many , as it was mainly base with a few jerseys with just ONE auto hit. Matter of fact believe the only auto is a Jordan / Tiger Dual and that was # to 25 and out of reach of all but the big dogs. I rather enjoyed the set being overlooked because it allowed lower prices for key pieces to be accumulated at low cost. Betting a lot of people today wished they'd have gotten their player  pieces cheaper back then as the multi-sport set increased in popularity over the years

Info about the set 2002-03 UD SUPERSTARS

With all the "exclusivity" crap going around nowadays it's highly unlikely a set like this gets done without a lot of pre-set work before creation gaining releases

Many ads appeared in various publications- this one taken from an inside cover of a 2003 Beckett Baseball Monthly

Below is the scan of a rcent card slabbed within the last 6 months that is now added to my 2002-03 UD SUPERSTARS set . All I have left on this set is the base card and this small 6 card Clemens set is complete

ALREADY HAD THESE SLABBED
=========================

Knocking of some more side scans now as well
I upgraded that pack issued King B slabbed BGS 3.5 with this pack issued BGS 8
It's by far the best copy I've seen that isn't sheet / poster cut and actually saw a distributed package
Nice cream color and proper toning

Also added 4 base scans to the inventory girls emails
Have to locate the others and sub them
Annoyed with myself as one die cut had obvious surface dimples I missed ( 5 of them no less)

The 2002 Topps Ten series info is here below - think I'm missing handy magazines to scan
I'll come back at a later date when I find my other items and magazines in storage and update the post

2002 TOPPS TEN

UPGRADED DISC

2002 TOPPS TEN BASE ITEMS

Bunch more slab scans caught up. I keep trying to upgrade my Gold High Voltage
Cannot seem to do it. Got a 7, 7.5 now , and the 8 that I've been trying to upgrade
Also added a Green and Red High Voltage also to my registry
Missing just the # / 10 Holofoils for those High Voltage cards

Also scanned a base 2001 UD reserve and a 2002 MLB Showdown Foil
Just gotta locate my base cards now for 2002 MLB Showdown since both the foils are done

ADDED THIS ONE RECENTY TO MY CLEMENS REGISTRY

[Image: post_thread_84323484_41PlayersPrivateIssue.jpg]

Took some doing but now scanning a small run of Ultra cards from various years . I scanned the 2004 below earlier this year,  but inventory girl missed it so I had to do it again- the other 6 are newly slabbed
Got one dupe that was upgraded when the next sub returned so that goes in the "to go" pile

I have a whole bunch from 1998 to scan also to make inventory girl happy
Subbed about 8-10 or so a while back to get rid of another dust pile and haven't scanned them yet so I'll do that today

As promised the new slabs from 1998 Utra now scanned
I already had the #492 Pizzaz Gem and the #213 Platinum Medallion scanned just redid them
Still have to slab a bunch of base and inserts from this series but this knocks off a chunk

ALREADY HAD THESE IN REGISTRY AND SCANNED

Couple more scans caught up. One of them was my 2001 PLAYOFF ARMOUR STARS HOT DOG TRIVIA # 4 ROGER CLEMENS  . Other was an addition to my 2005 Playoff Prestige subset

Cool little food set. I've always been a fan of food set cards going back to the 1960's and this ones no different
I'll give some props to some board members here for some cool info on the set that saved me some time looking for backup. I couldn't find a single Beckett reference for this set in any of the magazines I have

First- an announcement of this set by ConAgra - the parent company of Armour - which announced the promotion
CONAGRA set announcement

@jacksoncoupage has the set shown under his SuperCollector catalog web pages with a nice sealed package example

Supercollector set info

@patrick182 has a nice little write up on distribution and some cool blurbs on the set on his website

2001 ARMOUR WRITEUP

And below is my newly slabbed example ( I have more - maybe upgrade later down the road)