`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Can't Possibly Hate Anything More Than I Hate Panini

RE: I Can't Possibly Hate Anything More Than I Hate Panini
(06-19-2023, 09:47 PM)jplarson Wrote: That was a reasonable hope!  Y'know for all we know, they had just 1 of each Goff and used it as a sort of advertisement to get people to the site.
Also very possible.

And also very dooshy.

The Panini Rewards cards are such an unbelievable disaster - I am so glad that I burned through all of them even though I probably got poor value for the points - but I got stuff I wanted from teams I collect so whatever

I just have one pending redemption - after that, I don't have to worry about Panini any more (unless I do something foolish and buy more Panini products)

I also add that one of the reasons why people are so scrambling to get anything decent under Panini is that after they pulled the Mosaic Sparkle Pack scam by manufacturing an entire new parallel to get rid of a bunch of old redemptions and with Panini losing the license is that people are overly desperate to get anything for the points they have - and since the Points site is primarily filled with dramatically overvalued cards that have been sitting there for years (why not use those cards to fulfill pending redemptions as replacements Panini?) any new card listing results in a feeding frenzy since getting there immediately (and apparently now using bots) is the only way to get anything at close to proper market value

Yep, agreed 100 percent on all counts.

I still have two damage replacements sitting there (going on 17+ months now) and am very tempted to zero them out with the sparkle packs, which is exactly what they want me to do.

(The guy even offered the last time I called - "I can close these out with a couple of sparkle packs right now while we're on the phone" ...)

Which I exactly why I don't want to do it.

Based on principle alone, for all the crappy shenanigans they've pulled over the last three years, I want someone employed by Panini to have to make the effort to find my cards in their warehouse and physically replace them with identical cards, or contact me directly to work out suitable replacements.

Which ... they won't. Obviously.

Which ... circles back to why I am tempted to cave again and just take the sparkle packs so that I get "something."

This is what I don't get, which kind of riffs on what you are saying ... what would happen if I called (again), and when I did, instead of telling me to call back in two more months, they simply offered to put 150 Rewards points in my account for each of the two cards I sent in, as well as a code that I could use for free shipping?

I mean, I could buy two scrub autos of the Kings and/or Pistons for my PCs.

Would it be great?

No, but it would be a heck of a lot better than waiting for a year and a half for nothing.

It would cost them nothing, other than the shipping codes, but they'd be sending damage replacements out free of charge anyway, so there's no difference.

Again - still - these are all things that are very reasonable and doable.

Again - still - the only thing keeping them from doing it is wanting to.

That requires giving a crap.

Well, one nice thing I can say about Panini is that they shipped my "Rewards" cards quickly ... received the Aiyuk, Caldwell-Pope and Richardson in the mail today:

[Image: Brandon-Aiyuk.jpg]

[Image: KCP.jpg]

Good to see they still know I'm alive!

(06-26-2023, 03:13 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Well, one nice thing I can say about Panini is that they shipped my "Rewards" cards quickly ... received the Aiyuk, Caldwell-Pope and Richardson in the mail today:

[Image: Brandon-Aiyuk.jpg]

[Image: KCP.jpg]

Good to see they still know I'm alive!
Have you checked for traces of arsenic?

LOL, no arsenic as far as I can tell, but don't worry ... the KCP has a ding in the upper right corner.

It's like they * almost * got it right.

Almost.

That Aiyuk is a nice looking card. sorry for the flaws on your KCP, I know you like those sharp corners. Panini going to Panini.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(06-26-2023, 03:31 PM)Speak917 Wrote: That Aiyuk is a nice looking card.  sorry for the flaws on your KCP, I know you like those sharp corners.  Panini going to Panini.
I don't mind it as much because I got it "factory direct" from Panini, so I don't have to worry that some DBay rube was in a big hurry and damaged it by jamming it into a sleeve or something.

That's the thing that drives me nuts about Panini ... they make nice stuff.

I like their cards (other than them chipping roughly 98 percent of any card with a colored front or back border).

The Richardson is a perfect example.

My man Malachi played parts of three years with the Kings and Raptors and dropped a fat 2.8 points per game in 70 career games. He is currently playing in Poland, assuming Wikipedia is updated.

But it was such a nice looking card and Panini offered it up for 50 points, so I took it.

Aesthetics drives 75% of my collection. Any nice looking card is tough for me to pass up regardless of player or value.