`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could C.J. Stroud's Wonderlic score cause big drop in draft?

Could C.J. Stroud's Wonderlic score cause big drop in draft?
This guy might not be the smartest QB on the market since some stories leaked out in SI this week of his low scores.
He had a great college career, but I'm thinking collecting Levis, Young and Richardson is the way to go.
 Also wondering if a possible late round D-II QB pick out of Shepherd (WV) University will get a shot.

RE: Could C.J. Stroud's Wonderlic score cause big drop in draft?
(04-24-2023, 01:10 PM)RattPoison2 Wrote: This guy might not be the smartest QB on the market since some stories leaked out in SI this week of his low scores.
He had a great college career, but I'm thinking collecting Levis, Young and Richardson is the way to go.
 Also wondering if a possible late round D-II QB pick out of Shepherd (WV) University will get a shot.
Leaked by who and for what purpose? Stroud's camp certainly wouldn't have released something like that. Likely a team who wants him and wants to deter the Texans from picking him I'd think.

The wonderlic is like the combine ... pointless.

The next time someone wins the Super Bowl by crushing a math test will be the first time.

(04-24-2023, 04:21 PM)jplarson Wrote: Leaked by who and for what purpose?  Stroud's camp certainly wouldn't have released something like that.  Likely a team who wants him and wants to deter the Texans from picking him I'd think.
I suspect the source is somehow connected to the Indianapolis Colts who would absolutely love to be able to get Stroud at 4 

Also apparently the leaked score was completely bogus and fake

My guess is that the real issue why there are suddenly questions over Stroud is that he had such strong receivers at Ohio State - by the time the 2024 draft comes along, it is quite possible that 6 of Stroud's receivers at Ohio State will have been drafted in the First Round (the biggest question is Julian Fleming's health - if healthy, Fleming is absolutely a First Round level talent) along with a tight end drafted in the third round and likely another tight end drafted

(04-26-2023, 08:56 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I suspect the source is somehow connected to the Indianapolis Colts who would absolutely love to be able to get Stroud at 4 

Also apparently the leaked score was completely bogus and fake
Those rumors always bother me, too ... "to get the player we want, let's spread harmful and false info about him in hopes that he falls to us."

Not saying the Colts did this here at all, just saying I've heard it in the past.

If you like a player and don't think he'll be there when you pick, then be a competent GM and trade your assets to move up.

(04-26-2023, 09:34 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Those rumors always bother me, too ... "to get the player we want, let's spread harmful and false info about him in hopes that he falls to us."

Not saying the Colts did this here at all, just saying I've heard it in the past.

If you like a player and don't think he'll be there when you pick, then be a competent GM and trade your assets to move up.
Considering that a Reddit post where a friend of a friend heard that Will Levis was talking about how Carolina said he would be drafted first overall in a fast food place caused the betting lines to drastically change, it doesn't have to be the team - just some overzealous fan posts something on Social Media and it starts getting picked up more and more and eventually rumors become reported by the news.

(04-26-2023, 09:47 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Considering that a Reddit post where a friend of a friend heard that Will Levis was talking about how Carolina said he would be drafted first overall in a fast food place caused the betting lines to drastically change, it doesn't have to be the team - just some overzealous fan posts something on Social Media and it starts getting picked up more and more and eventually rumors become reported by the news.
I was referring to the CJ Stroud/Wonderlic thing, but yeah, Silly Season is very aptly named.

(04-26-2023, 11:09 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I was referring to the CJ Stroud/Wonderlic thing, but yeah, Silly Season is very aptly named.
It appears to likely be the same sort of thing - reports now are saying that the alleged low score - and rumors can start from just about anywhere - a fan hoping to get a player on the team can now be "leaking" out fake information and have it fly around the world.

The Levis thing is an example of just how ridiculous rumors can end up flying around the world (unless of course Levis gets drafted first tomorrow) - it started with a Reddit post based upon second or third hand information.

Drafted Second Overall to Houston - exactly where you'd expect the guy who people universally either ranked first or second quarterback to go - sometimes noise is just noise