`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Opinion Needed - To Sub or Not to Sub?

RE: Public Opinion Needed - To Sub or Not to Sub?
(04-17-2023, 01:05 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Someone at Topps answered???  You hit the lottery...only thing rarer is Panini answering phone or email..

Congrats!!
Panini answers the phone now, they just tell you to call back in another month.

This fella with Topps was very helpful.

(04-17-2023, 02:08 PM)akaus Wrote: I say wait for the card. It sounds like it could be coming your way sooner than later. I would be scared to see what they give you for a substitute.
Yep, that's what I'm leaning toward.

You've probably heard this story before, but back in the day I actually pulled an Allen Iverson auto redemption out of a retail box of Topps Basketball (the last Christmas gift my grandparents ever sent me).

I was stoked, he was and is one of my all-time favorite players.

Waited ... waited ... waited ... called ... called ... called ... one lady even told me, "he's coming in to sign next week, we should have them out to you a couple of weeks after that ..."

Then, with no heads up or notice, I get a package in the mail ... I think it's the Iverson but it's much too thick to just be one card.

No Iverson, but they did send me three scrub jersey cards and three scrub autos that allegedly were "equal or greater value" ... spoiler, they weren't ... and when I called to complain and that I would send them back and wait for the Iverson, they said he was not signing and that's what they were replacing it with.

So ... yeah. I agree, I'd much rather have the Kirby than roll the dice.

It's definitely not in the Julio/Witt/Wander tier of autos, but is one of the better autos of the second tier for sure.

(04-17-2023, 12:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: UPDATE - Just talked to a very helpful rep at Topps who said that it looks like George has signed and the cards are likely in the quality control phase at the moment, meaning it shouldn't be too much longer.

I think I'll just wait ... but still would love to hear more opinions.
I'd wait now that they will be sending them out....I looked also and that's a nice nut for trade bait or sell or just keep for when he blows up  LOL.  Congrats and good luck!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: I'd wait now that they will be sending them out....I looked also and that's a nice nut for trade bait or sell or just keep for when he blows up  LOL.  Congrats and good luck!
Thanks my friend.

I have decided to wait.

After Topps' latest shenanigans of thinking a random filler Ted Williams insert is "equal value" to the Julio Rodriguez Update (RC) I sent in as a damage replacement, I do not trust these people to make a fair swap.

It's a Kirby auto or nothing, I guess.

(04-26-2023, 05:18 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I have decided to wait.

After Topps' latest shenanigans of thinking a random filler Ted Williams insert is "equal value" to the Julio Rodriguez Update (RC) I sent in as a damage replacement, I do not trust these people to make a fair swap.

It's a Kirby auto or nothing, I guess.
Just saw him pitch against the Phillies today, he pitched great.....lost the game 1-0.  I like him.  Good decision to wait it out....so far....  You've done your job...LOL  Let's Go Topps!  Good luck.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Thank you for your support, my friend!