`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Opinion Needed - To Sub or Not to Sub?

Public Opinion Needed - To Sub or Not to Sub?
Baseball bros,

A few months back I pulled a George Kirby base auto redemption from a Target mega box of Topps Chrome Update.

Not the best auto ... by far not the worst auto.

I was happy when I pulled it.

I redeemed it right away and it has been "pending" up until I checked it again today - now the site says "Request Sub"

Meaning, once I click on it and confirm, they will allegedly send me an auto ("or product" ... ?) of "equal or greater value."

So, a few questions/notes, I'd appreciate some replies ...

- Would you sub this Kirby auto out or wait for it?
- One weird thing - he has signed his "Chrome Sapphire" autos, I would assume he would eventually sign the other ones from base Chrome?
- Pros of subbing now ... I'd probably get "ah" card faster, though the "or product" stipulation has me a little leery
- Cons of subbing now ... I don't trust these card companies as far as I can throw them
- Plus, if I choose to wait, I'm worried about being plummeted into a Panini-esque abyss where they completely forget about me 

Anyway, please let me know what you would do.

Thanks!

RE: Public Opinion Needed - To Sub or Not to Sub?
i would not sub....bird in hand

(04-17-2023, 10:52 AM)ARod711 Wrote: i would not sub....bird in hand
That's what I'm leaning toward.

I'm just wondering if he's one of those guys that doesn't sign during the season or something.

I got a signed George Kirby auto out of 2022 Capstone. So, he does sign before the Season.

(04-17-2023, 11:14 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I got a signed George Kirby auto out of 2022 Capstone.  So, he does sign before the Season.
Correct ... as in the Chrome Sapphire autos he also signed ... but clearly he did not sign the base Chrome autos prior to this current season.

What I mean is, I'm hoping he doesn't only sign before the season so that I don't have to wait until next offseason to get my card.

LOL...had to look up who George Kirby was....I don't pay much attention to AL West team details.

I guess it depends on what you want / excpect your "hit" turns into. Myself, I'd roll it and request a sub without any more detail - example - he went to school nearby or he's a relative ect.....

Can't wait for Fanatics to attain their goal of NO REDEMPTIONS - screw me upfront, don't make me wait.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(04-17-2023, 12:14 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: LOL...had to look up who George Kirby was....I don't pay much attention to AL West team details. 

I guess it depends on what you want / excpect your "hit" turns into.  Myself, I'd roll it and request a sub without any more detail - example - he went to school nearby or he's a relative ect.....

Can't wait for Fanatics to attain their goal of NO REDEMPTIONS  - screw me upfront, don't make me wait.......
Yep, that's the other side I'm considering, what I could potentially get, as the Kirby redemption books pretty well (I think) based on BIN prices on DBay.

I mean, when I pulled it, I wasn't like, "OMG, I can't believe it" ... it was more like, "OK, cool, I could have done a lot worse."

So in that respect it was sort of meh.

Maybe I'll try calling them.

UPDATE - Just talked to a very helpful rep at Topps who said that it looks like George has signed and the cards are likely in the quality control phase at the moment, meaning it shouldn't be too much longer.

I think I'll just wait ... but still would love to hear more opinions.

Someone at Topps answered???  You hit the lottery...only thing rarer is Panini answering phone or email..

Congrats!!

I say wait for the card. It sounds like it could be coming your way sooner than later. I would be scared to see what they give you for a substitute.