`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett

Beckett
Had a baseball subscription and decided after 2 months I would just do total access. Not only did I not get any credit for the baseball subscription last year (fine- whatever, I didn't read the fine print first) but it RENEWED this year for $129 despite the fact that I STILL have an all access subscription and they refuse to refund it even though I am now paying for that access TWICE. So make sure you all check your subscriptions because no one here cares about basic customer service. I think it is pretty basic to not charge someone twice for the same thing, but here we are. Funny. that $129 has now cost them whatever the cost of total access with MDR and the works (my current sub) for many years to come. Doesn't seem worth it, but what do I know? My account is 13 years old, too. Shame it will end like this. Later, all.

RE: Beckett is a scam
I am sorry this happened and is definitely not fair...but, every time I order Beckett I uncheck the 'auto renew' box immediately, which then triggers a message of how sorry they are to see me go. Of course, my subscription is valid until I order again. This prevents your issue.

RE: Beckett
Sent you a PM
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(04-14-2023, 11:25 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am sorry this happened and is definitely not fair...but, every time I order Beckett I uncheck the 'auto renew' box immediately, which then triggers a message of how sorry they are to see me go.  Of course, my subscription is valid until I order again.  This prevents your issue.
Yeah, my mistake was assuming the total access would override it because there is no way I could simultaneously have 2 subs on the same account for the same access, right??!? You know what happens when you assume....   :-)

(04-14-2023, 11:25 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I am sorry this happened and is definitely not fair...but, every time I order Beckett I uncheck the 'auto renew' box immediately, which then triggers a message of how sorry they are to see me go.  Of course, my subscription is valid until I order again.  This prevents your issue.
My auto renew box showed "manage with paypal" or something like that, not a toggle for check/uncheck option.  When clicking that, it sends me to paypal where I can then remove it from auto renew.  I thought mine was coming up soon, but never received any notification of renewal.  I went to my paypal statement and sure enough, there was a charge back in March.  Beckett never sent me anything about my subscription getting renewed.  So made sure I removed the auto renew for the future.  With the auto renew on, guess that is why I wasn't getting constant phone calls about renewing. lol
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

The entire automatically signing me up for auto renew just absolutely infuriates me and I feel is shady as heck. I feel that by law this should be an opt-in for the customer and not something Beckett (or any other subscription based service) can just automatically sign someone up for. At a minimum it should be very clear and obvious when you sign up that this is happening. I don't remember it being that obvious my first time.

(04-15-2023, 10:21 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: ...You know what happens when you assume....   :-)
Beckett gets your money. Big Grin

LOL, good one

Does anyone ever budget anymore? I mean actually sit down and figure out where the money goes on a regular basis.

I think that if a Beckett subscriber were to do a full-year budget and see how the cash flowed out, the Beckett payments would be near the lowest percentage, behind toilet paper and before paper towels.

Or, for those of you who might be hygiene challenged, behind i-Tunes and before English muffins.

In other words, very, very immaterial. Like I said, it would not be an issue if we check on our subscriptions just like any other digital resources we use.

(04-19-2023, 10:18 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Does anyone ever budget anymore?  I mean actually sit down and figure out where the money goes on a regular basis.

I think that if a Beckett subscriber were to do a full-year budget and see how the cash flowed out, the Beckett payments would be near the lowest percentage, behind toilet paper and before paper towels.

Or, for those of you who might be hygiene challenged, behind i-Tunes and before English muffins.

In other words, very, very immaterial.  Like I said, it would not be an issue if we check on our subscriptions just like any other digital resources we use.
This is a bad take.

Those of us who actually do budget our money are generally the type to want their money to not be wasted. It doesn't matter if it is a small amount. We want it to be put to good use. 

Beckett is hoping people think like you, that way they can continue to put out a crappy product and people will just pay for it because it's so small compared to their other expenditures.