`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett

RE: Beckett
My point is not about getting value for a dollar, but rather when compared to other spending it should not matter.

Did you know that the average American household wastes over $125 of food per month?! That is food purchased from grocery stores and then spoiled or thrown out because of bad taste. Over $1,500 per year average household!!

Of course we all want something in return when we hand over the cash. I have made several complaints lately. But, to go to extremes over $200 or less per year is a bit much.

Personally, I think my wife and I only throw out about $10 per week of old or gross food. So, I have extra to waste elsewhere!

Total Access is about $30/month.  That is if you purchase a year (or more) at a time.  Of course, month-by-month is more, and I understand that laying down $300+ even once per year is impossible for some of us.  When that is the case, single-sport is only around $15/month when you are month-by-month.  They offer all kinds of subscription options everywhere in between.

I believe any of those numbers are reasonable for the product Beckett offers.

Am I satisfied with what I get for the investment I make in the subscription?  

Personally, yes, but I guess I can understand why some would not be.  I acknowledge my perspective is not the same as some others, so, okay, Beckett may not be your best option.  I hope you can find an alternative.

I am a collector.  I prefer purchasing and opening packs rather than buying individual cards.  If I want an individual card, I may buy it, but trading for it is much preferred.  I am a "numbers person," so I keep tabs on my collection value daily.  When there is a change, I want to know the cause.  When I purchase a box of cards, I sort and enter them into My Collection that same day (as long as the checklist is there, I really don't care if the pricing is there yet).  When I open My Organize, I click on "Beckett High" and get the ascending value view ("n/a"s are first, so I watch for out-of-order numbers to appear there to see new pricing).  Then I click "Beckett High" again to get the descending view to check on my higher-value cards.  I check my Trade page throughout the day for new trade offers.  I may or may not check the forums (sometimes I find value there [here], but sometimes it reminds me of why I hate reading Facebook comments).

So, yeah, I am the ideal customer Beckett is looking for.  I am naive enough to compare the $30/month I dish out for the many other things I buy monthly to my Beckett subscription investment.

(04-20-2023, 07:24 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: My point is not about getting value for a dollar, but rather when compared to other spending it should not matter.

Did you know that the average American household wastes over $125 of food per month?!  That is food purchased from grocery stores and then spoiled or thrown out because of bad taste.  Over $1,500 per year average household!!

Of course we all want something in return when we hand over the cash.  I have made several complaints lately.  But, to go to extremes over $200 or less per year is a bit much.

Personally, I think my wife and I only throw out about $10 per week of old or gross food.  So, I have extra to waste elsewhere!
$200 is a lot  of money to some people. Don't discount it.

I would be pissed and looking to be reimbursed too if I were charged twice for the same product. Most people would.

(04-20-2023, 07:24 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: it should not matter.
Agree to disagree I guess. It absolutely should matter. It SHOULD also matter if you are wasting $1500 on food. Just because you have one area of waste doesn't mean you should be wasteful in other areas, nor does it justify the original waste. Both are waste and a prudent person should want to eliminate them both.

I guess I am not very clear on expressing my point...

Do any of you send emails or letters to grocery stores to complain about food waste? Do any of you send emails to McDonald's that the fries you got were soggy? Do any of you complain by social media that the shirt you just bought shrunk in the laundry?

My point is that none of us always get what we pay for and yet there is a large portion of complaints to Beckett when there are worse results of spending money (clothing, food, cars, rent, etc).

Believe me, I have nothing against expressing dislike of someone or something. Maybe there is a lot out there not about Beckett that I just don't see.

People complain about not getting what they pay for all the time. In every context. I'm not sure why you don't think they do. When a person pays for something, they expect to get it. And when they don't, they complain, demand a refund, or stop using that product (and rightfully so). I don't understand the logic at all about literally doing nothing to express your displeasure (even if it's just quietly spending your money elsewhere), and just accepting the company giving you garbage for your money. That's literally the last thing one should do. All it does is send the message to the company they can get away with inferior products or services with no consequences on their bottom line.

Have you really never seen a negative review on an online shopping site? Or seen someone take their soggy fries back to the counter for some fresh ones? Or complain on social media about the poor quality of a product they bought? I have a really hard time believing that.

My recap with an update since I was charged AGAIN:

April 2022 – April 2023 – I had paid the $129.99 in April for baseball access.
June 2022 – June 2023 – I paid $350 for… ALL ACCESS, upgrading my subscription. I received no credit or anything else when I upgraded to all access. Fine – I didn’t read the fine print and overestimated Beckett’s checks and balances, assuming something so basic was built into the systems. I was wrong, that is fine.
April 2 2023 – Charged AGAIN for baseball, even though I am already paying for the higher subscription that is already included. This should be refunded.
April 13 2023 – Somehow charged AGAIN for baseball annual access even though I am already paying for it TWICE now. This is the third time. I don’t even have any idea why this charge occurred in the first place other than to give them a charge to "refund" and say they did.
April 19 2023 – Refunded the most recent (THIRD) charge for the baseball access that I already had paid for twice.

I am literally in finance and accounting, so I see every charge, every day. And I am on top of it, which is why I saw this immediately. And "Do any of you send emails or letters to grocery stores to complain about food waste? Do any of you send emails to McDonald's that the fries you got were soggy? Do any of you complain by social media that the shirt you just bought shrunk in the laundry" is the absolute worst analogy I have ever heard. If your internet/cable company decided that they were going to double charge you for an entire year of your cable access for the same channels you were getting, you would just be like.... ah well, not worth it? $130 is not a lot of money to me. Heck, I am already paying the higher subscription anyway. It is the PRINCIPLE of double charging me and refusing to admit it was a mistake and refund it. This is sooooooo basic. Your point is made ridiculous because the analogy is so bad. Apples to oranges is understating it.

Once again, readers ignore the part of my reply that says everyone has a right to complain about not receiving value for payment. The rest of my response was triggered by your original title of the posting.

Like I originally said, I am sorry this happened to you and it is not fair or justified. I was just surprised at the level of disgust.

(04-21-2023, 09:35 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Once again, readers ignore the part of my reply that says everyone has a right to complain about not receiving value for payment.
LOL No one ignored that part. It's the rest of it we take issue with. Again, you are free to waste your money however you see fit. So I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. Just stating my opinion that I strongly disagree with your entire premise and also disagree that you don't see anyone else complaining about companies ripping them off.

Edit to delete this last bit.

Thank you to Floyd, who is super helpful and essentially the entire reason this will be made right. Beckett has committed to refunding the extra payment(s) to make it right and I appreciate that. I wish it didn't take so long and was less of a hassle to just get what I was owed, but it will be right in the end. That's what matters. If I renew my all access sub in June, it will be because of Floyd! Haha