`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Where's the best place for commons

RE: Where is the best place to buy or trade for commons? Mainly 1980s-90s
I think you should try Sportlots again.  You can check each sellers shipping rates, they go by how many cards you have from each seller.  The lowest rate is 1 card, the next up to 4, then 10, and so on.  Whenever I need to place an order, I add the same card with multiple dealers and then whittle the cart based on rates.  It takes a little more time, but I save a boat load.  COMC and Beckett Marketplace are both good resources but lack the commons.  I used to use JustCommons.com, but don't know about it any more.  Then, if I still need a card, I bite the bullet and check Ebay

(03-22-2023, 03:22 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Burbank ss probably the biggest singles site in the whole industry..  They promote the Burbank Card Show and probably have the the #1 LCS in the country.  You can forget about BV vs any pricing you may find on Beckett Marketplace.

Have you checked out COMC for your set needs?
Ditto on Burbank - they aren't cheap, but they pretty much have everything.

Their overhead comes from their massive warehouse.

Just an update. 
I wound up buying them all. I bought a few team sets on eBay and then picked up some singles on the market place. Wound up spending about $60 just for junk wax. So probably not worth it. But as long as everyone sends what they're supposed to send, I should have every Rangers base card from 1972-1992. Now I'm going to start working on 1993 and on up.

(03-27-2023, 10:16 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Just an update. 
I wound up buying them all. I bought a few team sets on eBay and then picked up some singles on the market place. Wound up spending about $60 just for junk wax. So probably not worth it. But as long as everyone sends what they're supposed to send, I should have every Rangers base card from 1972-1992. Now I'm going to start working on 1993 and on up.
Congrats!  Always great to accomplish a goal!  Keep it going
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: Update: Where's the best place for commons
My strategy is to trade or buy from bargain boxes the bulk of the cards I need and then use COMC or Beckett Marketplace for the 2-3 to finish up a team set.

No matter what Beckett says, no card is worth less than 50c when made available as a single. Places like Burbank or COMC put a lot of money, millions of dollars into sorting cheap cards and advertising them so that you can buy them in a couple clicks. They then have to pay people to pull it, update inventory, and ship it to you. Also keep in mind that a large percentage of lower-end cards in any dealer's inventory will NEVER sell. That could be 80-90%. Those are cards the seller has already spent a lot of money sorting, warehousing and advertising.

COMC and Burbank are great services. They save me a lot of time and money searching for the last few cards, including those that don't appear often at shows or on trade boards. Their service is a bargain all things considered. Personally I find Sportscardlots hard to use as few sellers have more than a handful of cards I need and the shipping gets onerous, but if you want to spend the time there are some tough cards there.

RE: Update: Where's the best place for commons
What are you looking for? I have thousands of cards available. Not looking for much on commons.