Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: Where's the best place for commons

Update: Where's the best place for commons
Update: 
I sent a couple of PMs to guys here, and either they didn't have them or never responded. Also posted in the set groups on Facebook without a response. So I wound up biting the bullet and just buying them all. I bought a few team sets on eBay and then picked up some singles on the market place that were left out of the team sets (mainly multiplayer cards or team checklists). 

Thought about DMing the seller on eBay because some of the team sets were left out, but too much of a hassle. Wound up spending about $60 just for junk wax. So probably not worth it. But as long as everyone sends what they're supposed to send, I should have every mainstream Rangers base card from 1972-1992 minus OPC. Now I'm going to start working on 1993 and on up.

Original Post:
Where is the best place to buy commons without having to pay an arm and a leg? 
I tried SportLots, but shipping was going to be like $20 for 10 cards. 
Not going to do that. Mainly looking for 80s-90s right now. 
Would also consider trading for any if there's sites for that. Any ideas?

RE: Where is the best place to buy or trade for commons? Mainly 1980s-90s
Many cards on COMC are under $1 and shipping is only $4 no matter how much you buy. Buy a little at a time or large lots at once...same $4 shipping once ready but there is a long delay.

COMC  $4.99 for normal shipping..just placed an order for 100 + cards and the order will take just under a month for regualr shipping.  They have a lot of cards to chose from...

(03-22-2023, 12:25 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Many cards on COMC are under $1 and shipping is only $4 no matter how much you buy.  Buy a little at a time or large lots at once...same $4 shipping once ready but there is a long delay.
Yea, I thought about that. Not seeing many base commons though. I bought from them once, and it took like 28 days to ship. But I will check into it again. That was probably 3-4 years ago.

I guess the 80s-90s cards are so inexpensive that it would cost more to list than they are worth.

Maybe so older LCS have boxes of these cards hanging around??

I know I got rid of most of my common cards from those years.  Think I donated to Goodwill..maybe they have some of the cards you are looking for?

(03-22-2023, 02:08 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I guess the 80s-90s cards are so inexpensive that it would cost more to list than they are worth.

Maybe so older LCS have boxes of these cards hanging around??

I know I got rid of most of my common cards from those years.  Think I donated to Goodwill..maybe they have some of the cards you are looking for?
I actually found a user on the marketplace called Burbank Sportscards. I've never heard of them, but they had all but 2 of what I needed. They were all 60 cents apiece, which is about 10-12 times what they're worth. But I may end up doing it. For $12 I can finish all but 2 of those sets.

Burbank ss probably the biggest singles site in the whole industry.. They promote the Burbank Card Show and probably have the the #1 LCS in the country. You can forget about BV vs any pricing you may find on Beckett Marketplace.

Have you checked out COMC for your set needs?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

What do you want. I'll help you
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

(03-22-2023, 12:05 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Where is the best place to buy commons without having to pay an arm and a leg? 
I tried SportLots, but shipping was going to be like $20 for 10 cards. 
Not going to do that. Mainly looking for 80s-90s right now. 
Would also consider trading for any if there's sites for that. Any ideas?
I have a few 5000 count boxes of commons, let's trade!
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

I've got a boatload listed for trade. Check my collection for any possible trade.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1