`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchmaker

RE: Matchmaker
(01-28-2023, 06:59 AM)floydtown Wrote: (If it requires training someone, we've made it too complicated. )

That makes zero sense
Maybe you are missing the context of that statement. If you are creating or designing a product that you need customers to use, making it so complicated that it requires them to watch a video on YouTube in order to even get started may not be the best marketing plan. 

I am also an engineer, and can figure out most things. I gave up on Beckett's Matchmaker a long time ago.

No offense but Engineers cannot figure out matchmaker?
People complain when there's no video or instructions on things and people complain when there is. Have a nice day
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Works fine for me. Figured it out without a tutorial. Just ran it for the new Capstone product. I would agree that frustration is that many of the users that match are no longer active.

(01-28-2023, 03:42 PM)mmahoney Wrote: Works fine for me.  Figured it out without a tutorial.  Just ran it for the new Capstone product.  I would agree that frustration is that many of the users that match are no longer active.

Yup..that is how I got the trade for you this morning!!  Works..but agree..most of the people do not respond and/or are gone

(01-28-2023, 03:05 PM)floydtown Wrote: No offense but Engineers cannot figure out matchmaker? 
People complain when there's no video or instructions on things and people complain when there is. Have a nice day
I have to admit I hadn't even looked at Matchmaker/Shoebox for quite some time (years, perhaps).  I also want to apologize for seeming to complain about someone's video instructions.  Not my intention.

I tried Matchmaker today.  It is not what I remembered.  Even as an engineer, I was able to figure it out.  I didn't play around with it much, but here are my initial observation of its current state:
  • It seems a bit redundant.  I didn't notice anything you couldn't get from an OPG search, then opening the card details page.
  • I can see where this interface would be liked by Marketplace sellers.  The Sellers tab is the default tab that shows up in Match results.  
  • For traders (where my interest lies):
                 - As was already mentioned, inactive, expired subscribers, and even banned traders show up in Match results.
                 - When you choose to start a trade from a specific Match result, it takes you to a blank trade interface page (the same thing you get when you click "trade cards with me" from a users profile page).  The card from the Match results has to be added like you started a trade from scratch.
  • Moving around in the Matchmaker interface itself was a little clunky. The search feature is like "one and done" with no filter options.
Overall, it is a good tool that is not overly complicated (I stand corrected).  I don't, however, consider myself a Matchmaker convert.  I acknowledge there is potential, so I will check back regularly.

There are 2 things that are a little frustrating with MATCHMAKER.
1.  When taken to the trade page and select cards as wants..they are not there.  The ORG does not show WANTS that the MATCHMAKER says the trader has.  This happens quite often, but I think it is a ORG problem or the trader's ORG issue.

2.  When the trade offer is sent, the person does not respond or is no longer on the site.  Strange too..because I search for current cards so they had to add them recently.

Overall..I use it and have had some success.  I will use to start trades occasionally.

(01-28-2023, 03:42 PM)mmahoney Wrote: ...  I would agree that frustration is that many of the users that match are no longer active.

Yeah, seems like a significant gap in the functionality of the Trade feature, too.  Since my sub has expired, I've received about 4 or 5 trade requests.  FOr some users I tried to PM them to let them know, but they have messaging disabled or something else preventing me from sending them a PM.

(01-29-2023, 12:49 PM)mizzouman_2000@hotmai Wrote: Yeah, seems like a significant gap in the functionality of the Trade feature, too.  Since my sub has expired, I've received about 4 or 5 trade requests.  FOr some users I tried to PM them to let them know, but they have messaging disabled or something else preventing me from sending them a PM.
Beckett gonna Beckett

It can be a little tempermental but I do like using matchmaker. I wish that the trade tab would show all the cards from one user grouped together like it does for marketplace. And I too wish the inactive accounts were somehow flagged.
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile