`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchmaker

Matchmaker
Does Matchmaker not work?  I used it briefly when Beckett first created it.  I was looking to give it a try again and every time I search for any card that I have listed as a want, in order to add it to my shoebox, it just comes back with an error that it couldn't find any cards.  Maybe this is a longtime known issue and I am just completely uninformed, but figured I'd ask.

RE: Matchmaker
You could try contacting floydtown, he's sort of the guru of all things Beckett.

(He usually reads the threads as well so I wouldn't be surprised if he just answers your questions here.)

Check out the video stickied in help forum. If I understand you correctly go to the 2:00 mark in video and make sure you're doing it right

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1606471.html
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

The biggest issue I've found with Matchmaker is that many of the other traders are no longer active.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-24-2023, 10:24 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You could try contacting floydtown, he's sort of the guru of all things Beckett.

(He usually reads the threads as well so I wouldn't be surprised if he just answers your questions here.)
Called that one, LOL

(01-24-2023, 04:59 PM)zeprock Wrote: The biggest issue I've found with Matchmaker is that many of the other traders are no longer active.
Exactly, I did mention this to Beckett during discussions on Beckett Collect.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-24-2023, 05:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Called that one, LOL
 lol
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(01-24-2023, 11:21 AM)floydtown Wrote: Check out the video stickied in help forum. If I understand you correctly go to the 2:00 mark in video and make sure you're doing it right

https://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1606471.html
Working in engineering on a product that's very user focused, I'll borrow a phrase from a friend of mine:

If it requires training someone, we've made it too complicated.

In this case, if it requires a video to show how to use it, they've made it too complicated (note I've never seen it or used it).

(If it requires training someone, we've made it too complicated. )

That makes zero sense
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

I was using Matchmaker correctly and it wasn't working. I went back a couple days later and tried again, doing exact same thing I had done previously, and it worked. I think maybe the website was down or just a momentary interruption.