`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now

RE: It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now
Rookies and Stars at $400? At some point we got to just start blaming the great new collector customers who keep paying such outlandish prices

Remember back in 2017 when $400 would buy like 4 hobby boxes of Rookies and Stars? And you could get Mahomes autographs

I've been blaming them this whole time.

Idiots, every single one of them.

(03-04-2024, 03:20 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've been blaming them this whole time.

Idiots, every single one of them.
Too many people blame the companies - but if people weren't actually paying $400 for Rookies and Stars Panini wouldn't be charging it

Exactly. The Great New Collectors thought $80 blasters were a great deal to buy online during the pandemic because they were cheaper than hobby ... and of course the Gem Fire Let's Effing Go Case Breaker Bros felt no moral obligation to explain the difference.

Card companies took notice and jacked up the prices, and people continue to pay it.

You think Panini will ever fulfill its promise of "returning to normal pricing" now that the pandemic is over?

That would be ... no.

There are actually DBN losers on some of the online forums that reminisce abou the good ol' days of clearing out retail shops and flipping cards.

(01-12-2024, 05:41 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: New redemption replacement product for basketball (I have to say that this is better than the one for football since they have numbered parallels and it is Donruss Optic which is a much better product than Mosaic)

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html
I did pretty well with this one. I had 2 common 2012-13 basketball redepemption that finally came back as Donruss Optic. In two packs I got a common green #/8 and a Nikola Jokic red which I sold for $75.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

The last hobby box I bought was 2019 Playoff football for $58 at my LCS in Feb/March 2020 just before the lockdown. Even then I felt like a got crap with 2 Rookie Stallions Jerseys and Points (instead of my auto). Now I can get that box from Dave & Adams for the low low price of $269.95 + tax + shipping.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

What a steal!!! LOL

New Panini Instant Offering -I was thinking that the charge for the set with random 1/1 ($200) was outrageous until I saw that the base is $100. Yikes! That seems high.

https://www.paniniamerica.net/pi-studior...-base.html

Bryce Young
C.J. Stroud
Anthony Richardson
Will Levis
Aidan O'Connell
Tommy DeVito
Tyson Bagent
Dorian Thompson-Robinson
Jaren Hall
Bijan Robinson
De'Von Achane
Jahmyr Gibbs
Zach Charbonnet
Tyjae Spears
Keaton Mitchell
Jaleel McLaughlin
Roschon Johnson
Puka Nacua
Jordan Addison
Tank Dell
Sam LaPorta
Zay Flowers
Rashee Rice
Josh Downs
Jayden Reed
Dalton Kincaid
Jaxon Smith-Njigba
Michael Wilson
Will Anderson Jr.
Jalen Carter

OH, you didn't mention the Caitlin Clark cards available - prices are through the roof.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

I bought a 2022 Bowman Chrome base RC about a month ago and have pulled three of her 2023 Bowman Chrome singles as well.

It will be interesting to see how the market responds to her WNBA stuff next year.