`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now

RE: It's Official Panini is Definitely Trolling Football Card Collectors Now
(09-28-2022, 11:43 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I really appreciated Panini's hustle that year to get the rookies in a retail product before camp even started ... I'm not sure what's happened to them since.
They did have the RPS that year - but they also had guys who weren't in the RPS in NFL uniforms.  So not sure why they haven't.  

I also liked that in the 2019 Prestige Megaboxes if you got one bad autograph, the other one was likely very good.  I got two Emanuel Hall autographs - with the first was Emmit Smith History Makers /3 - I opened up a second box which had an Emanuel Hall autograph - I said "oh no, another Emanuel Hall autograph - wait, the last time I got one of those the other was really good, so maybe I should say "good, another Emanuel Hall autograph"  and sure enough, it was Calvin Johnson History Makers /5.

Panini Direct has the price of Score at $149.99 a box - that a Score hobby box is at the same price as the Prestige H2 really illustrates what a bad deal Prestige H2 boxes are

(09-29-2022, 03:42 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: They did have the RPS that year - but they also had guys who weren't in the RPS in NFL uniforms.  So not sure why they haven't.  

I also liked that in the 2019 Prestige Megaboxes if you got one bad autograph, the other one was likely very good.  I got two Emanuel Hall autographs - with the first was Emmit Smith History Makers /3 - I opened up a second box which had an Emanuel Hall autograph - I said "oh no, another Emanuel Hall autograph - wait, the last time I got one of those the other was really good, so maybe I should say "good, another Emanuel Hall autograph"  and sure enough, it was Calvin Johnson History Makers /5.

Panini Direct has the price of Score at $149.99 a box - that a Score hobby box is at the same price as the Prestige H2 really illustrates what a bad deal Prestige H2 boxes are
I hope the Score rookies are in their NFL uniforms … otherwise pass for me.

EDIT … didn’t see the news article about the rookies being in their NFL uniforms … probably because the news is not on the front page anymore, LOL

At $149.95 , the 2022 Panini Score NFL Trading Card Box (Hobby) contains 40 cards per pack and 10 packs per box!
Look for 4 autographs, 90 rookies, 10 parallels, and 36 inserts per box, on average!

This sounds like a whole lot better value wise that most of the other releases.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(09-30-2022, 10:15 AM)jaderock Wrote: At $149.95 , the 2022 Panini Score NFL Trading Card Box (Hobby) contains 40 cards per pack and 10 packs per box!
Look for 4 autographs, 90 rookies, 10 parallels, and 36 inserts per box, on average!

That's not bad actually, relatively speaking these days.

(09-30-2022, 10:15 AM)jaderock Wrote: At $149.95 , the 2022 Panini Score NFL Trading Card Box (Hobby) contains 40 cards per pack and 10 packs per box!

10 parallels... does this mean 10 #"d parallels or 9 Dot Green Banger Fires and 1 Showcase?

Green fire would be a fire parallel... bro. Just throwing that out there, if Panini is watching.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(09-30-2022, 10:22 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: 10 parallels... does this mean 10 #"d parallels or 9 Dot Green Banger Fires and 1 Showcase?

Green fire would be a fire parallel... bro. Just throwing that out there, if Panini is watching.
Prior to 2019 they had 10 numbered parallels (and 10 Scorecards) with the hobby parallels al1 100 or less) - lately there has been 5 numbered (all 100 or less) and 5 Scorecard - with the vast number of new numbered parallels there might be more numbered

Sold out in less than an hour. With these quick sellouts (on low and high ends), Panini will never change/doesn't need to change their business model.
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

(09-30-2022, 11:58 AM)jaderock Wrote: Sold out in less than an hour. With these quick sellouts (on low and high ends), Panini will never change/doesn't need to change their business model.
Yep, they have until 2026 to continue their dooshery ... they absolutely should continue to screw over as many people as possible before their license runs out, because as that one DB Panini exec said, "you gotta pay more to see the show."

Let's not forget - Score is more like an $80 product in real life, not in the "Gem Fire Let's Effing Go Banger Bro" era of dooshiness that we currently find ourselves trapped in. 

So anyone thinking it's a "win" at $150 is delusional.

"Less of a kick in the nuts than Panini's other overpriced crap" and "a good deal" are two very different things.

(09-30-2022, 12:05 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yep, they have until 2026 to continue their dooshery ... they absolutely should continue to screw over as many people as possible before their license runs out, because as that one DB Panini exec said, "you gotta pay more to see the show."

Let's not forget - Score is more like an $80 product in real life, not in the "Gem Fire Let's Effing Go Banger Bro" era of dooshiness that we currently find ourselves trapped in. 

So anyone thinking it's a "win" at $150 is delusional.

"Less of a kick in the nuts than Panini's other overpriced crap" and "a good deal" are two very different things.
With inflation, Score is probably in fairness about a $110 product - it was usually released at $100 and dropped down once the NFL uniform products came out and usually stayed around $90 because of the 4 autographs and 10 numbered parallels which gave you a good shot at getting a good card

Of course, now it no longer has 10 numbered parallels.

It's only marked up 50% - Let's Go!

They got to be printing a ton of that stuff - it's not even funny how much of Score they are making now.

Was this absolutely inevitable or what?

Now Bros, when you are stalking the card lady looking for Gem Fire Bangers you can do so in your own special Prizm shoes

Panini America & Reebok Collaborate on Release of Allen Iverson PRIZM Shoe & Cards

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog.html

The shoes look hideous, btw.