Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collection Value Dropping

RE: Collection Value Dropping
(08-30-2022, 01:36 PM)akaus Wrote: I'll third Kerry's "well said"
Hey, Adam!  How's life?

Life is good. I need to get rid of some cards though. I have way too many just like a bunch of other guys. How about you?

(08-30-2022, 07:51 PM)akaus Wrote: Life is good. I need to get rid of some cards though. I have way too many just like a bunch of other guys. How about you?
Same.

To throw another POV into this debate, why not be able to self-monetize your collection through trades and sales of cards you no longer want in exchange for cards you now desire? Why take money from your house budget or weekly gas expenditures when you can sell a rookie card of a prospect that you now have zero interest for a card that you 'need'?
Value is important in such matters and market value may influence how easily a collectible can be traded for others or for any other currency.
Also, in case you didn't notice, we are all on a Beckett card site that makes a majority of their money on collectors that want to keep track of their card values ... so the collection value must matter to most, even to the "True Collector" out there.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-03-2022, 12:09 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: To throw another POV into this debate, why not be able to self-monetize your collection through trades and sales of cards you no longer want in exchange for cards you now desire? Why take money from your house budget or weekly gas expenditures when you can sell a rookie card of a prospect that you now have zero interest for a card that you 'need'?
Value is important in such matters and market value may influence how easily a collectible can be traded for others or for any other currency.
Also, in case you didn't notice, we are all on a Beckett card site that makes a majority of their money on collectors that want to keep track of their card values ... so the collection value must matter to most, even to the "True Collector" out there.
Agree +5000 DrM!  Great to see you.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(09-03-2022, 12:09 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: To throw another POV into this debate, why not be able to self-monetize your collection through trades and sales of cards you no longer want in exchange for cards you now desire? Why take money from your house budget or weekly gas expenditures when you can sell a rookie card of a prospect that you now have zero interest for a card that you 'need'?
I've already been in this mode quite a bit here lately.