`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collection Value Dropping

Collection Value Dropping
I am seeing a lot of down arrows in my Organize lately.  In the tune of an almost a 7% drop just this week alone.

My collection is heavy baseball.  2021/2022 Prospects like Kahlil Watson, James Wood, Aaron Ashby, Wander Franco, and Tyler Whitaker experienced significant drops recently.  Over-hype and now correction, I understand.  So many at once seems unusual, though.  Some of those dropped as much as 50% in one day (i.e. Autograph from $600 to $300).  And then my 2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Autographs Nick Castellanos.  Ouch!!  That one may not need a protector anymore.

What are others seeing?

RE: Collection Value Dropping
Nick Castellanos Id understand.... he is having a down year so far, kinda picking it up these past days
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Some Mike Trouts too. Im wondering if I should just go back to collecting vintage

Blame it on Jerome Powell.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

I thought I saw an article about Trout having some back issue that could affect him forever. I wondered if that would cause his cards to take a hit.

Yeah, Trout values took a dip, but that’s a correction long in the making. IMO.
His back issues may slightly shorten his career, but he will still be able to play and put up HOF numbers as a DH. Everyday in centerfield isn’t likely for Trout anymore. But, it ain’t over till it’s over and we will see how things play out.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

As Doc said, Trout is a market correction and likely overreaction to his back situation. The rest I'm seeing - Acuna, Tatis, etc. - are probably the same scenario.

Khalil Watson is likely due to his actions with the umpire and getting sent home due to them. Too young to give up on, but will need to rebuild his value - both to collectors and the Marlins.

We've seen these ups and downs before, no need to overreact to anything IMO.
Kepler

What bothers me is the collection does not move with the Hot & Cold List that comes out each week. What is the point then?

Most of us have seen steady value decreases every few days now, with Tatis Jr being the latest drop.

EloyJimenez, Jarred Kelenic, Bo Bichette, Luis Robert, Guerrero Jr, and Wander Franco have all dropped in August. It won't be long before Buxton loses recent gains with his batting average plummeting and now his injury.

Not many up arrows...Judge mostly.

Julio Rodriguez and Austin Riley have had a nice bump recently. Paul Goldschmidt certainly deserves more love than he's getting. I think Goldschmidt will skyrocket if he wins the triple crown.

For pitchers, Sandy Alcantara has had a nice bump, and Verlander deserves more love as do Dylan Cease and Tony Gonsolin.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Tatis cards, especially his 1st Bowman Chrome and his Topps Chrome RC drop to at least half their currently overinflated value.