`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1x 2021-22 Bowman U Hobby Box

RE: 1x 2021-22 Bowman U Hobby Box
Grabbed 3 blasters today at Target (off the shelf). Definitely going to have to put these in a small box and set aside to see if these guys make it. Got some goomer named Hudson Card in the first pack I opened. Doesn't even say what school he is going to. Born in Austin and looks like a T-Sip uni, so I guess he is a Longhorn. So they don't even have the "rights" to name the college they are going to on the back? I could care less that he is going for a major in Corporate Communications. Opened up 2 packs so far. 7 of them have majors on the back. Communications: 4, Undeclared: 2, Multi-Disciplinary: 1. Glad they are focusing on real classes (that take effort).

Opened the rest of the 3 boxes: 22 duplicates. Each blaster had 25 base, 1 Golden Boy, 1 2000 Bowman, 1 Refractor and 4 Pink Refractors. Only Aggie in the set is Wydermeyer, but didn't get any. Is nice to open Topps again, but don't think I will get any more of this product.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(05-16-2022, 06:24 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I didn't even know you could pull base RCs from them. Good to know. I'm not interested in the vet set, outside of Panthers. I did pull a base CMC though (first card of the first pack), so it wasn't a total loss. If YOU want any base vets, I don't have many, but we could work something out. If we both want to let our own stacks... appreciate, rather than collect dust, that's good too.
In Contenders, the Rookie Tickets Autographs are part of the base set - they don't have base rookie cards otherwise.

I saw a shelf full of Contenders Blasters at Target on Friday - when I left there was still a shelf full of Contenders Blasters - once they stopped having a guaranteed auto they haven't been worth buying even at $20

If anyone pulls any Brock Bowers (Georgia TE) cards out of this Bowman U stuff, I'd be interested - JP has already generously traded me two Chrome and one base but I am open to any of his stuff.

Thanks my friends.

(05-18-2022, 11:20 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: If anyone pulls any Brock Bowers (Georgia TE) cards out of this Bowman U stuff, I'd be interested - JP has already generously traded me two Chrome and one base but I am open to any of his stuff.

Thanks my friends.
Why the sudden interest in Bowers?
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(05-18-2022, 03:11 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Why the sudden interest in Bowers?
Local guy, pretty big deal around here.

Pretty crazy that the NIL era is now producing cards of guys who won't be in the NFL for like another two or three years.

Pretty soon NFL and NBA rookies will be like Bowman baseball - "oh wait, that guy's 'prospect card' came out two years ago, better not call it a rookie card"

LOL

(05-18-2022, 03:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Local guy, pretty big deal around here.

Pretty crazy that the NIL era is now producing cards of guys who won't be in the NFL
You're too kind but enough about me Wink

(05-22-2022, 01:57 AM)jplarson Wrote: You're too kind but enough about me Wink
LOLZ

(05-18-2022, 03:31 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Local guy, pretty big deal around here.

Pretty crazy that the NIL era is now producing cards of guys who won't be in the NFL for like another two or three years.

Pretty soon NFL and NBA rookies will be like Bowman baseball - "oh wait, that guy's 'prospect card' came out two years ago, better not call it a rookie card"

LOL
There are going to be players who will have had 4-5 years of autograph cards before they reach the NFL.

Football cards were already extremely inherently risky - having autograph cards of high school students really will increase the risk. 

The NCAA fully deserve the madness and chaos of NIL and the transfer portal.  Football card collectors on the other hand.

(05-23-2022, 04:23 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: There are going to be players who will have had 4-5 years of autograph cards before they reach the NFL.
That is if they make it to the NFL.  Though I am sure they are selecting players with very high probability to make it.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.