IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 HOF Inductee's

2022 HOF Inductee's
Ortiz

Discusss
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

RE: 2022 HOF Inductee's
LOL, the Hall really screwed up this time.

Ortiz is a juicer, too, so now that argument is officially out the window.

Oh ... and he was half a player as a DH.

Pretty easy to swing the bat if you don't have to stand in the outfield for two hours.

If he's in, Bonds and Clemens definitely should have been in.

At this point, they need to let my main man Lou Whitaker in.

I guess the difference between Ortiz and those guys is the media liked him.

Then again, the media are idiots for the most part.

(01-25-2022, 07:43 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: LOL, the Hall really screwed up this time.

Ortiz is a juicer, too, so now that argument is officially out the window.

Oh ... and he was half a player as a DH.

Pretty easy to swing the bat if you don't have to stand in the outfield for two hours.

If he's in, Bonds and Clemens definitely should have been in.

At this point, they need to let my main man Lou Whitaker in.

I guess the difference between Ortiz and those guys is the media liked him.

Then again, the media are idiots for the most part.
Ortiz never failed a test.

That said, it's a joke that the best pitcher and best positional players of the last 80 years (if not longer) aren't in, and Arod and Manny should be in too.
There are a lot of idiots who votes for now on that should have their ballots removed.

BAd news: my Clemens cards
Good news: it will be easier to get Bonds cards I suppose.

Oh and there's another committee in a few months where they can get 12/16 votes to get in.

Hoping Rollins and Jones get in next year. (Also want Manny, but no chance now)

(01-25-2022, 07:48 PM)ashlandmark Wrote: Ortiz never failed a test.

That said, it's a joke that the best pitcher and best positional players of the last 80 years (if not longer) aren't in, and Arod and Manny should be in too.
There are a lot of idiots who votes for now on that should have their ballots removed.

BAd news: my Clemens cards
Good news: it will be easier to get Bonds cards I suppose.

Oh and there's another committee in a few months where they can get 12/16 votes to get in.

Hoping Rollins and Jones get in next year. (Also want Manny, but no chance now)
Ortiz was in the original 2003 report as failing a test along with Manny.

Bonds, ironically, is the one who never failed a test.

But agreed, it's a joke that Ortiz is in and Bonds is not.

Truly happy that Ortiz made it. Congrats to him. To keep Bonds and Clemens out at this time is ridiculous. Move on Joe.

Helton and Rolen will probably be next. Never really cared for Rolen but I'm biased as he really ripped the Phillies when he left. Helton is interesting to me because of the so called "Coor's Field affect." Helton's career road batting average is .287 verses .316 in total. That's not a very big difference. I'm loading up on Helton cards.....LOL
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Harold Baines played 1643 games at DH and 1061 games in the field per Baseball-Reference. Also, he is Harold Baines. The bar has been lowered already. My man* Edgar Martinez is in, so the DH stigma is slowly getting chipped away. Ortiz was a much more accomplished player than either of them.

*-anyone who played baseball in the 90s when I watched growing up gets this designation and automatically aces in my book.

(01-25-2022, 07:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ortiz was in the original 2003 report as failing a test along with Manny.
I didn't know this until just this week, but Ortiz's failed test was not necessarily for a banned substance. He tested positive for something that they were testing for - that's all we know. MLB has said that they tested for substances beyond what were banned at the time. It could have been a banned substance, it could have been a supplement that they were considering banning in the future.

(01-25-2022, 07:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ortiz was in the original 2003 report as failing a test along with Manny.
You may want to get educated on the topic

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ml.../91442256/

https://www.overthemonster.com/2016/10/3...3-ped-test

(01-26-2022, 07:32 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Truly happy that Ortiz made it.  Congrats to him.  To keep Bonds and Clemens out at this time is ridiculous.  Move on Joe.

Helton and Rolen will probably be next.  Never really cared for Rolen but I'm biased as he really ripped the Phillies when he left.  Helton is interesting to me because of the so called "Coor's Field affect."  Helton's career road batting average is .287 verses .316 in total.  That's not a very big difference.  I'm loading up on Helton cards.....LOL
I've never been big on Rolen as a Cardinal, either.  As I remember (which could be wrong given my memory) it seemed like he went on a bit of a cry baby tirade as a Cardinal.

Only thing I remember about Rolen is he had zero hits in the 2004 World Series.