`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
winter card hiatus

winter card hiatus
I'm going to be taking a break from cards for a while.  For Christmas my wife gave me a real slick Compaq Deskpro EN Minitower and I'm going to be working on some vintage computing for a while.  Still plan on doing customs as the work comes in but otherwise I'll be cleaning up my hobby area of cards and supplies and fill it with PCI cards and random sticks of RAM Smile.

RE: winter card hiatus
(12-29-2021, 11:35 AM)jplarson Wrote: I'm going to be taking a break from cards for a while.  For Christmas my wife gave me a real slick Compaq Deskpro EN Minitower and I'm going to be working on some vintage computing for a while.  Still plan on doing customs as the work comes in but otherwise I'll be cleaning up my hobby area of cards and supplies and fill it with PCI cards and random sticks of RAM Smile.
I am finding that between outrageous and overproduced hobby boxes and impossible to find retail, I really do not miss opening football card boxes very much at all

So now is a good time to focus on a different hobby

and today I tested positive for covid, great..............

(01-20-2022, 01:44 PM)jplarson Wrote: and today I tested positive for covid, great..............
welcome to the club..... in the long term, everyone will have gotten this virus, just like the flu.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(01-20-2022, 03:06 PM)Speak917 Wrote: welcome to the club..... in the long term, everyone will have gotten this virus, just like the flu.
Most likely true, but I have not had the flu for over 45 years and I never get the flu shot...so, maybe not.

(01-20-2022, 01:44 PM)jplarson Wrote: and today I tested positive for covid, great..............
Get well soon, my friend!

Get well JP...and I thought maybe your hiatus ended early! Sad
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Thanks guys. I'm doing relatively well. Yesterday was the onset of symptoms with bad headaches, congestion, slight fever, body chills, and general body aches. Managing the headaches and fever with regular Tylenol but the aches are worse and the congestion is sliding into a runny nose. I got my booster shot a while back so I'm grateful this is the worst of it.

Hope to be on the mend by early next week. Maybe the downtime helps me generate some news ideas for customs and work through my backlog Smile.

Hope you get better soon. Maybe while you're stuck at home you could peruse the Internet for more cards and take a hiatus from your hiatus Wink
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(01-21-2022, 10:55 AM)jplarson Wrote: Thanks guys.  I'm doing relatively well.  Yesterday was the onset of symptoms with bad headaches, congestion, slight fever, body chills, and general body aches.  Managing the headaches and fever with regular Tylenol but the aches are worse and the congestion is sliding into a runny nose.  I got my booster shot a while back so I'm grateful this is the worst of it. 

Hope to be on the mend by early next week.  Maybe the downtime helps me generate some news ideas for customs and work through my backlog Smile.
cough Matt Barkley cough

(Not making fun of your actual cough, I promise)