`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
What Cards Did Everyone Get for Christmas?

What Cards Did Everyone Get for Christmas?
What cards did you all get for Christmas? My Mom, who knows nothing about cards or sports, gave me 2 packs of ‘89 Upper Deck. I got a Sheffield in the first pack and a Griffey in pack 2. It was really cool to get the Griffey. I know there are plenty. But back in ‘89, I heard about dealers going through more than 1 box without a Griffey. And my best friend bought a box in ‘89 without getting a Griffey. Seems like I always get better packs as Christmas gifts.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: What Cards Did Everyone Get for Christmas?
I got skunked for Christmas, but a Super Jumbo Hobby box of 2021 Bowman Draft is coming within a week as a gift to myself. Congrats on the Grifffey.

(12-26-2021, 11:26 PM)I’m kerryandbeth Wrote: I got skunked for Christmas, but a Super Jumbo Hobby box of 2021 Bowman Draft is coming within a week as a gift to myself.  Congrats on the Grifffey.
Thanks. I think I’m just going to open packs if they’re given to me. My luck seems to be better that way.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

Congrats to you on your hits. I no longer ask for nor get cards for Christmas. I pick--up cards (packs, boxes, singles) throughout the year and limit my budget to a hard stop when I reach my limit. I did ask Santa for a 1 year subscription to Card Ladder Pro since I am leaving Beckett come 02/22 and need/want a source for card pricing - will see how it works out.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I got 3 boxes of Contenders which i posted in the Box Break section. I'm pretty happy with the break especially the Mize Signature card.

I got two hangar boxes of 2021 Topps Update. Same cards in each box.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I got two Hobby boxes of 2021 Topps Update and pulled a Bo Jackson auto out one of them.

(12-27-2021, 11:35 AM)zeprock Wrote: I got two hangar boxes of 2021 Topps Update. Same cards in each box.
Ugh!

I got a box of Chronicles..opened and it was right
a box of Topps Chrome Black..not opened yet
a box of Allen And Ginter Chrome..not opened yet
2 boxes of Gallery..not opened yet.
A blaster of Archives..not opened yet
a box of Topps Holiday..not arrived yet.

Pretty good haul since I do not need socks, ties, pants, shirts, sweaters etc etc etc..

Did get a SUPER display of Buster Posey retirement with all the stats and awards and 2 Highland Mint coins inset into the plaque...#/2800

Very pleased with that!!!

(12-27-2021, 11:41 AM)cspen Wrote: I got two Hobby boxes of 2021 Topps Update and pulled a Bo Jackson auto out one of them.
Awesome Bo auto - congrats!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.