`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book value oddity

Book value oddity
I was looking at the book value for cards in the 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado Magic Numbers set and when I looked at the set info the listed value for common cards is higher than minor stars and semistars.  I believe the entire set is stars, semistars and minor stars, but thought it was odd that there would be a book value for common cards that is higher than minor stars and semistars.  Here is the page I am referring to.
Buy 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado Magic Numbers Sports Cards Online | Baseball Card Value & Checklist - Beckett

I am wondering if the value of base cards was supposed to go up and Beckett only updated the common card value or if they all went down and Beckett forgot to update the common value.  Anyone have any idea?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: Book value oddity
Since there are only 10 cards, the set price is what I would go by..looking a the OPG for the set is what I would value it at.  The cards, individually are priced right..weird, there are no common cards really and the lowest is Mo..which is considered a common i guess..

RE: Book value oddity
(12-15-2021, 04:58 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Since there are only 10 cards, the set price is what I would go by..looking a the OPG for the set is what I would value it at.  The cards, individually are priced right..weird, there are no common cards really and the lowest is Mo..which is considered a common i guess..
I normally just look up the individual card price, but I was reading more info on this particular set and found it odd that the listed common values for more than semistars.  I believe Mo Vaughn is considered a minor star for this set, so your correct that there are technically no commons.  Just weird to even have it, let alone have it priced out of sync with the rest.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/