`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021 bowman chrome sapphire...no pricing yet?

RE: 2021 bowman chrome sapphire...no pricing yet?
(12-15-2021, 08:36 AM)wrm1107@roadrunner.co Wrote: I think Dr. James Beckett is turning over in his grave and looking down from Heaven and frowning upon how poorly his business is being run.  It is so sad how these people are ruining what was once a good name.
LOL - hard to be turning over in his grave when he doing podcasts. Agree with your point though.  I really feel that something is going on with Beckett re organization / apps - their database is just so large.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Concerning database..the # is huge and if they are using an old platform, it is really hard to keep up with the influx.

Converting would be a nightmare...I remember in the Navy Dental Corp..electronic record infancy.used an existing database and it was not powerful enough to do the tasks asked..it was awful..had to start from scratch..(over 20 years ago!!)

I thought I heard he died. Oh well, I guess he is turning flips and laughing at making money selling an inferior product.
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

(12-15-2021, 05:01 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: Concerning database..the # is huge and if they are using an old platform, it is really hard to keep up with the influx.

Converting would be a nightmare...I remember in the Navy Dental Corp..electronic record infancy.used an existing database and it was not powerful enough to do the tasks asked..it was awful..had to start from scratch..(over 20 years ago!!)
Just for cards - the database contains 8million+ of cards.  There is absolutely no way that the # of people who work & maintain the database from what I see, is large enough.  One person to help maintain 4 million baseball cards alone....what the hell.  I really fell sorry for them as my contact with them all has been A +.

Dr. Beckett sold his company about 5-7 years ago, sadly for us consumers.  My subscription/s end in February,  if no changes appear on the radar, need to rethink if I'm staying.....
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

A couple things.....

1) I dont rely on Beckett pricing to determine what I would ever buy or sell a card for at any given moment. But I do incorporate Beckett Prices into how I organize my cards. i.e., Rookies priced $2-$5 go in this box by year ,etc....Rookies priced under $2 go in this Box....yada yada.....I move them. from box to box as the prices rises or falls. Its a part of the process for me and collecting, get it?

it is a system, maybe not the best, that I have worked with for 20 years.....I have over 100k cards ....chaos ensues. It provides some rhyme to the reason.

2) I get more emails from Beckett trying to pitch me insurance for my collection. I would really rather they put their efforts towards the collection software.

3) I got a call today from the same rep that seems to call me every month presenting a deal to me for extending my subscription. I brought my concerns to him about not keeping up with at least entering the sets into the collector software , more or less providing pricing in a timely manner.

it just seems like the machine churns for this company and I feel like one day it is just going to stop churning and just crash and we will be left with a tidy refund (maybe) for the months we are subscribed for....

meanwhile, I have been looking for better software. They all beat the hell out of Beckett for pricing , but it caters more to graded and the collection databases are way behind what I would need. Maybe they get there eventually?
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info