`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: Bowman Chrome in Ultra Binder Pages

Q: Bowman Chrome in Ultra Binder Pages
I really enjoy enjoy looking at sets through binders vs thumbing through them. I’m considering putting my Bowman Chrome sets in a binder. Anyone know if Bowman Chrome will stick to Ultra pages after many (10+) years?
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: Q: Bowman Chrome in Ultra Binder Pages
Chrome surfaces have a tendency to "stick" to pages.  I place each in a penny sleeve before placing in Ultra Pro Platinum Pages.  The older ones, after years, stick to the penny sleeve, but easy to remove and you can wipe the surface with a nonabrasive cloth if you want.  Unfortunately, chrome coatings are "sticky".

Thanks! That makes it easier for me. I don’t believe I’ll put them in binders.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(12-05-2021, 03:27 PM)jhyde77 Wrote: Thanks! That makes it easier for me. I don’t believe I’ll put them in binders.
But, if you store them standing up or stacked in a box without sleeves, they can stick together after several years. I have never personally encountered sticking to a sleeve from Bowman Chrome. I have seen it with some early 90's inserts.

(12-05-2021, 05:37 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: But, if you store them standing up or stacked in a box without sleeves, they can stick together after several years. I have never personally encountered sticking to a sleeve from Bowman Chrome. I have seen it with some early 90's inserts.
Agreed. I've mostly run into that when opening factory sets or busting open late 1990s wax that are heavy with chrome. Cards will "brick" and peeling them apart usually damages them (not a problem with Topps Finest cards featuring the protective peel!). I store my sets in 3 ring binders and don't have any issues to report. To Bonds' point, yes they will stick, but it's not a big deal to get them unstuck from the 9-card pages. I have put more expensive ones in penny sleeves before bindering them.

As was mentioned before, you are fine as long as you put them in a penny sleeve before putting them in binder pages. I wouldn't put any cards in binder/book pages without a penny sleeve first, though, regardless of chrome finish or not.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel