`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: Online Trading

Q: Online Trading
I’ve traded online off and on. It’s usually when I have common wants for a set. When I was younger (before the Internet), I was use to trading to save money. Now, it seems like it can be costly to trade, but it seems like the way to make it the most fun.  With the high price of trading services and the price guide, along with bubble envelopes and shipping, it really doesn’t seem like a way to save much any more. Do you all just decide you’re going to spend a certain amount on trading and not really think about it much?
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

RE: Q: Online Trading
Depends, some trade only for a certain amount to make the shipping worthwhile, others trade small amount of cards in PWE or rigid mailers.  Trading is still the way I get a lot of my cards..it is worthwhile and takes a little work to "put everything together" on a trade.  I enjoy the trading aspect of the hobby.

I’m I think I would just chalk it up to a monthly trading expense. I would just accept that I’m going to spend more money on the hobby to trade. I understand that some would save by trading. I like alot of cards that are low in value, but have alot of hobby significance. So I would spend alot more if I traded regularly.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I cannot find new retail product to buy and do not have a Paypal account so I spend my money buying singles online and on shipping costs for trades.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I only bust 2 products per year, so I trade to get singles of other products and fill in my holes on the products I busted. Incentive to trade has never been about saving money. If I take my 740 trades times postage cost and bubble mailers, it would bother me to know!

I was shopping COMC earlier and ran across 3 sellers that were offering cards at less than 40 cents. That person would benefit from trading since he/she paid 50 to 60 cents per card plus shipping to COMC to sell for 40 cents.

Buying singles is not my thing, so I trade.

For me, the hobby is about the thrill of opening packs.  I will purchase unopened product (and really enjoy it) that I know has the best trade potential so I will have something to trade for the player singles I want.

You are right.  The cost of shipping out trades is simply another cost of the hobby.  It is not something that turns me away anyway.

I'll gladly spend the shipping costs on something I want to get rid of stuff I don't collect anymore. I repurpose all shipping supplies so really it's straight postage cost for me. As long as it's $10 worth of cards I'm good.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

I am new but have been trading, running out of stock, but will trade for at least $15 in BV. Have a very nice Christian Javier Auto.
Total Tigers Collected 3/1787
For pics use link below:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r6dkcz6titmvm...eBMba?dl=0