`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing Plate Question

Printing Plate Question
I'm just curious, what's everyone's thoughts as to the value of printing plates? For around $25 shipped, I can get a 2015 Topps Kelvin Benjamin printing plate to add to my 2015 Topps Panthers collection, and was wondering if that seems like a good value. That said, myself not being a rarity collector, I wouldn't know if it seems like a good buy or not. Thoughts???
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

RE: Printing Plate Question
Seems high to me unless it is an auto printing plate. He has 524 printing plates out there. There is one that sold for $3.25 back in June. There is just tons of them out there.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(09-12-2021, 12:55 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Seems high to me unless it is an auto printing plate.  He has 524 printing plates out there.  There is one that sold for $3.25 back in June.  There is just tons of them out there.
Good to know. It's unsigned, but it's 2015 Topps, which, for me, makes it a big deal.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

(09-12-2021, 01:20 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Good to know. It's unsigned, but it's 2015 Topps, which, for me, makes it a big deal.
If it’s a PC item, remember, there are likely only four plates of that specific 2015 card produced (cyan, magenta, yellow and black) … and who knows what the deal is with the other three, are they still in packs/boxes somewhere?

I would definitely go for it if I were you.

Do more popular sets have more expensive plates? Being 2015 base Topps could make it a premium since that is the last Topps base football set and a foundational set. And it's not like Panini which puts the plates in Plates and Patches with a different back that tends to lower the value.

There is only one of that particular plate - maybe the seller would come down in price some, but if you don't get it, you aren't going to see it again.

(09-12-2021, 09:19 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I'm just curious, what's everyone's thoughts as to the value of printing plates? For around $25 shipped, I can get a 2015 Topps Kelvin Benjamin printing plate to add to my 2015 Topps Panthers collection, and was wondering if that seems like a good value. That said, myself not being a rarity collector, I wouldn't know if it seems like a good buy or not. Thoughts???
One other thing ... in non-doosh times, blasters cost $21 and change after tax.

If you pulled that card out of a blaster wouldn't you be beyond stoked?

It's only $4 more than a blaster, look at it that way.

Get what you like/collect as long as it's affordable to your specific financial situation. Aside from that, I'ld say go for it! Smile
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Thank you all for your input. Unfortunately, someone else bought the plate, which is disappointing, but it frees up more money for me to get Donruss, if that ever comes out.

On the note of 2015 Topps, still looking for gold/pink/camo Panthers Big Grin
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers