`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trout are no longer jumping and other observations

The Trout are no longer jumping and other observations
Ive been anticipating it for a few weeks now, but the title of this post says it all.

Interestingly enough a handful of 80's era RC's are getting a lot of love including Kirk Gibson. If non Hall of Famers like Gibson and Valenzuela get these huge jolts in value, hopefully Hall of Famers Harold Baines and Tim Raines follow suit eventually, even if its less of a jolt due to their lower profile. Id throw Barry Larkin in this category too.

RE: The Trout are no longer jumping and other observations
Being out for this long of a time has tempered focus / interest along with a serious hobby/collector/investor correction back to a more realistic value of Trout cards.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

A correction was bound to happen. They'll take a hit now, but if he comes back strong, they'll probably jump up again. If not this year, next year. If they don't, I'm sure they're one of those cards that will hold value for a long time.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Bonds, Bo Jackson, and Griffey RC's all with green arrows. My 1981 Topps Traded Tim Raines went up so not sure what you're looking at.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

As I've noted before, people who were children in the 1980s are now reaching the age where they can really start putting money into collectibles - I expect to see that market remains hot as collectors seek out rookie cards of their favorite childhood players - even as the market for modern cools.

A bunch of cards in the last few years taking big hits today. Of course, right after I just traded for some.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Cool about the Topps Traded Raines. I had forgotten that card. I was meaning the Regular Topps card.

And yep...a whole lot of prospect cards are taking a big hit. There are a ton of rookie cards this year. I can only think of a couple who are even remotely having a decent season. Most are back down in the minors.

Did Raines 1981 Donruss and Fleer cards increase?

1981 Topps Traded Danny Ainge went up too. Great!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

1986 Donruss Fred McGriff and 1984 Donruss Joe Carter increased too. Love it!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars