`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Selling On The Boards

Selling On The Boards
Okay... this post should not be needed, as I have posted about the Terms Of Service just last month. Granted, my reason for posting the TOS was to remind members that posting BV on the forums is a violation, but the rules are ALL there. It is not my duty, obligation, or even desire to have to point out every rule, however, it is all of our duties to be familiar with the rules set forth by Beckett.com. Within these rules it states that selling is to be done through your Organize, and you have to have your cards marked accordingly. This means you need to have the card that you are selling uploaded to your Org.; marked with at least a 1 in the Haves column; marked with at least a 1 in the For Sale column; and marked with your asking price in the Sell Price column. 

Now, the members that are posting their cards on the Boards For Sale are within their right to do so, but only if you have the cards marked properly. Also, the majority of members that are posting their cards for sale are very well established, and should not need to be guided like this, so ignorance is not a viable excuse. It is not the duty of the Admin staff, Moderators, or anyone else to continually explain these rules, as there is a page with the Terms Of Service written out. The warnings have been out there for many years. The assistance has been written out time and time again, and for just as many years. Every piece of information needed to navigate and utilize this site is on Beckett.com, so there should be no need for me to have to write this thread. 

As I have stated before, the Terms Of Service is the only warning that is needed to take down violating threads, so every time a post is edited, or an extra warning is given, that is an extra courtesy given on behalf of the Mod that took that action. We are not required to go this extra step, but we choose to so that there will be less dissidence on the site. Now that these violations are ramping up again actions are needed to be taken, and we don't always have the time, need, desire, or patience to explain every move we make, as it is all explained within the TOS. Also, please refrain from questioning the removal/editing of these threads when a Mod takes action... especially if it isn't your thread. It has all been explained to/by us many times before. 

I will personally no longer entertain explanations of the removal of posts, as I don't need to. I will no longer edit posts that are in violation, I will simply remove them permanently. We all know where the rules are posted (scroll up for assistance if needed), and we are all adults here. We all checked the little box beside the "I AGREE TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE" on the sign-up page, so that means that we are all 100% on the hook for our actions with no further explanation needed, else you wouldn't have been able to create a profile for the site. 

Thank you for your time.

Randi

RE: Selling On The Boards
Serious question. What inspires someone to moderate a message board? I've always wondered what makes people want to police such things. I recognize it's needed, just curious how you fell into this.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

(06-27-2021, 09:07 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Serious question.  What inspires someone to moderate a message board?  I've always wondered what makes people want to police such things.  I recognize it's needed, just curious how you fell into this.

The members voted me in as a Moderator in 2011, and I was honoured. I very much enjoy helping people out, so I accepted. I am not policing anything, rather helping.

Randi

What may I ask is the rational behind this? 

Assuming all items are marked for sale with prices what happens next?  I would have to navigate to someone's collection and change view to sell?  When I do get to it, there is no way to select and initiate a purchase for items you would like.  How would that be accomplished?

Since I am pretty sure I am person that caused this post be made, I would like to understand how to make this work effectively for all parties.

Thank you

Can anybody provide clarity on the TOS in regards to selling on the site:

1. Under term #11, sub-F. Restrictions.  The first statement: "Beckett offers a vehicle for third-party Members to complete buy, sell, or trade transactions."  What is that vehicle?  To me, it sounds like "third party members" get a better deal than Beckett Members (they don't have to pay the 5% fee)??
2.  It appears the seller (or recipient of the money in a card/cash trade) is charged a 5% fee on any sale. Has that type of transaction actually worked for anybody?  I have tried several times with no luck, even when both sides of the transaction have confirmed they have a credit card in "My Account", "Payment Options".
3.  Which section of the TOS states the requirement to have a card for sale marked as such in your Organize WITH a For Sale Value listed?  I couldn't find that.  And yeah, what are the mechanics of initiating a transaction like that through anybody's Organize?  You can view another member's PUBLIC Organize, then change the view from Trade to Sell.  But, then what?

There is a sticky up top of the trading forum regarding this...........look at the date.

The selling with a fee charged by beckett has not started so our compromise is to do exactly what rayeates said to do. Otherwise it would become a trade only site or there would be fees like ebay which no one wants.

This ensures selling is done by organize subscribers as well.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Whatever. Always about collecting fees for doing nothing. Basically if you want to sell they want you to be a part of Marketplace but this is just a hobby for me and was trying to reduce my inventory some as a one time deal. Marketplace is really for people that do this as a living. I've said my peace and will abide by their silly rules.

There's no fees. Where you get that? If you have organize sell away, if you dont you're not even supposed to be trading. Pretty straight forward, not sure what the complaint is.
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired

(07-01-2021, 04:17 PM)floydtown Wrote: There is a sticky up top of the trading forum regarding this...........look at the date.

The selling with a fee charged by beckett has not started so our compromise is to do exactly what rayeates said to do. Otherwise it would become a trade only site or there would be fees like ebay which no one wants.

This ensures selling is done by organize subscribers as well.
I am not complaining.  Beckett and you guys are great.  I appreciate all you do.

1. I was/am confused by the term "third-party member".  I think it would be more clear if it said "Beckett acts as a third-party vehicle..."
2.  The TOS should be updated to exclude mention of the 5% fee.  How can we abide by the TOS when Beckett doesn't?
3. Still the  same question.  There is no clear or easy way to initiate a buy/sell transaction when viewing someone's Organize to see what they have listed for sale.  Most that I have viewed, by the way, have $0.00 listed as the sale value.  That makes sense to me, however, because of it were me, I would want the buyer to make the first offer.

(07-01-2021, 02:36 PM)jmhorn Wrote: Can anybody provide clarity on the TOS in regards to selling on the site:

1. Under term #11, sub-F. Restrictions.  The first statement: "Beckett offers a vehicle for third-party Members to complete buy, sell, or trade transactions."  What is that vehicle?  To me, it sounds like "third party members" get a better deal than Beckett Members (they don't have to pay the 5% fee)??
2.  It appears the seller (or recipient of the money in a card/cash trade) is charged a 5% fee on any sale. Has that type of transaction actually worked for anybody?  I have tried several times with no luck, even when both sides of the transaction have confirmed they have a credit card in "My Account", "Payment Options".
3.  Which section of the TOS states the requirement to have a card for sale marked as such in your Organize WITH a For Sale Value listed?  I couldn't find that.  And yeah, what are the mechanics of initiating a transaction like that through anybody's Organize?  You can view another member's PUBLIC Organize, then change the view from Trade to Sell.  But, then what?
(07-01-2021, 05:53 PM)jmhorn Wrote: I am not complaining.  Beckett and you guys are great.  I appreciate all you do.

1. I was/am confused by the term "third-party member".  I think it would be more clear if it said "Beckett acts as a third-party vehicle..."
2.  The TOS should be updated to exclude mention of the 5% fee.  How can we abide by the TOS when Beckett doesn't?
3. Still the  same question.  There is no clear or easy way to initiate a buy/sell transaction when viewing someone's Organize to see what they have listed for sale.  Most that I have viewed, by the way, have $0.00 listed as the sale value.  That makes sense to me, however, because of it were me, I would want the buyer to make the first offer.
 I'll revisit this topic and see about updating how this can be done, changed or eliminated after the holiday. Sometimes its better to leave things alone, I would hate to see selling banned. We'll see. Closing thread
TOS

U.S. Army-Retired