`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugliest card ever?

RE: Ugliest card ever?
(07-04-2021, 09:25 AM)jhyde77 Wrote: I was never a fan of ‘90 Topps or ‘91 Fleer.

For whatever reason, I always liked the '90 Topps cards.  Particularly the blue color that is on the Griffey Jr card.  1990 Topps Traded, however, is especially terrible in my opinion with the color schemes used on those borders.

(07-06-2021, 08:40 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: For whatever reason, I always liked the '90 Topps cards.  Particularly the blue color that is on the Griffey Jr card.  1990 Topps Traded, however, is especially terrible in my opinion with the color schemes used on those borders.
1990 Topps isn't a terrible design, as it captures the essence of 1990.  It's like a cross between Yo MTV Raps, and the intro to In Living Color!

Where 1990 Topps Traded went wrong was using a brighter card stock!  Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

That Abreu Card looks great compared to that Topps Project 70 series. Ugly street art versions of various Topps ‘iconic’ Cards? Those are fugly for sure. Maybe they have great resale potential or something, but not the least desirable to me. I’d rather that Abreu in the original post.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.