`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportslot question

RE: Sportslot question
(05-01-2021, 10:15 PM)ashlandmark Wrote: Thank you for this. I had no idea something like is an option. The 5-6 minutes of the video to explain how it works for shipping and when tochoose the Box shipping was very helpful. As someone who values my privacy, it's an added bonus.

One question, has anyone seen any cards for less than 18cents plus shipping there? Or is that some sort of minimum? Every player I was looking for was  a minimum of 18 cents.
I believe the minimum is 18 cents.  I haven't seen anything less than that.
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

(05-01-2021, 06:29 PM)dogger99 Wrote: Yes.
https://www.sportlots.com/global/globalb...tional.tpl

I am doing my first Sportbox.  Have 2 orders in there with the 3rd enroute.  Will definitely be a big savings in shipping (only paid $0.60 total for initial shipping).  However when I try to add a 4th purchase (maybe 20-30 cards, not huge), the Box shipping will jump from $7+ to $11+ for shipping.  I must be crossing over some weight threshold that causes a huge jump in shipping.  So once I get this Box shipped, I will then start a 2nd Box.
Probably.  Not sure how many cards you have in orders but I generally let my orders stay at box until I have about 300 cards there and it costs about $11 for shipping.  They ship in regional flat rate boxes.

(05-02-2021, 08:47 AM)mjmj1966 Wrote: I believe the minimum is 18 cents.  I haven't seen anything less than that.
Yes, 18 cents is the minimum price.

(05-04-2021, 02:19 PM)mmahoney Wrote: Yes, 18 cents is the minimum price.
Why 18-cent minimum if it is not based on shipping costs?  If others wanted commons from me I would do 10-cents per card plus actual shipping cost.  My commons are more of the 1990s and early 2000s, and then start up again in 2013.

Just be aware the box shipping price can get high, unless they fixed it recently. I had been simply having everything sent to my box and after a year of doing so I went to ship (in total around 200 cards) and the shipping costs were close to $20. When I got the package what I found is that they don't open what the seller sends to the box to make it easier, so I had a bunch of bubble mailers and envelopes all piled into a shipping box. I guess the moral is buy more from a single seller as opposed to a bunch of individual sellers, even when sending to your box.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(05-04-2021, 02:19 PM)mmahoney Wrote: Yes, 18 cents is the minimum price.
You have to remember that Sportlots is going to get a part of that 18 cents.  I have never sold on there so someone else can probably jump in on that.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(05-04-2021, 02:18 PM)mmahoney Wrote: Probably.  Not sure how many cards you have in orders but I generally let my orders stay at box until I have about 300 cards there and it costs about $11 for shipping.  They ship in regional flat rate boxes.
Right now I have 2 shipments in the box, the 3rd has been enroute for a couple of weeks.  The 2 already in the box total 133 cards for 11 ounces.  Shipping for that is $5.88 (if I didn't want to wait on the 3rd), which isn't bad since it was $0 for both orders to ship to the box.  The 3rd shipment cost me $0.60 to the box for 31 cards (still good).

If I pick a single card and start the checkout process, it shows that my box shipping estimate is $7.30 (so another $1.42 for the 3rd shipment of 31 cards).  Makes sense so far.  When I pick the box option for that purchase the box shipping jumps to $11.44.  That is an increase of $4.14 for a single card (same cost when I tried a couple of other additions of 15-20 cards).  So I obviously cancelled the purchase.  Unfortunately, it also removes the item(s) from your cart as well.

So I was on pace for what you paid ($11) for 300 cards (which I would be fine with), but when it makes a jump like that in cost from 144 cards to even 1 extra card, don't understand that.  I will try it again and see what happens when my 3rd shipment makes it to the box (and also see if it is really $7.30).

Just got the 3rd purchase dropped in the box: total is $11.44 shipping for 164 cards. I wish I could get $11 shipping for 300 cards, but it looks like it will be at least $23 minimum. How long since you made your last box purchase?
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.