`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sportslot question

Sportslot question
I'm looking for a ton of base singles to put quite a few sets to bed.  It's time I get these sets off my plate.  I've decided to check out Sportslots.  Can anyone give me some kind of feedback, positive or negative, about their experience using them?  I'm not too worried about shipping times but concerned mostly about card quality since all of their cards are listed only as high as NM.  To a fault I am a quality nut.  The site has a great selection of cards and I really like the "box" idea they offer.  I'm really hoping that most experiences are positive.  Thanks for any feedback.  

Mike
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Sportslot question
I buy off them to finish newer sets (last 10 years or so) and cards have all been fine. Don't know about vintage stuff

(04-29-2021, 08:14 PM)duck6700j Wrote: I buy off them to finish newer sets (last 10 years or so) and cards have all been fine. Don't know about vintage stuff
Thanks for the info.  Sets are 1990 to present with a majority of them being after 2003.

I sell on Sportlots and pride myself on customer service.  Be sure to check feedback scores before you buy, some dealers are downright awful.  The good news is, if you do not like the quality, you can open a case and get a refund pretty easily.  The bad news is, it is in credit form.  It is a great source for set building, but not every card will be perfect.  I try to let the buyer know if I notice issues before they go out.

I've been a customer there for at least 12 years now. I've had maybe half a dozen issues over all that time, it's rare. Every seller I've worked with have resolved those issues no sweat. I use the Box feature almost exclusively now. I've rarely had issues with card condition. At 18 cents for the vast majority of commons it's not a big deal if a few are beat up, I'll still binder them and upgrade them the next order.

It is worth spending the time to try and source from as few sellers as possible to help save on shipping even to Box.

I used to sell on there. Have bought thousands of cards with few issues. Box shipping has worked great. Curious what sets you are looking for.

Do they ship internationally do you know. I am in Australia.

(05-01-2021, 05:51 PM)vnewlands Wrote: Do they ship internationally do you know. I am in Australia.
Yes.
https://www.sportlots.com/global/globalb...tional.tpl

I am doing my first Sportbox. Have 2 orders in there with the 3rd enroute. Will definitely be a big savings in shipping (only paid $0.60 total for initial shipping). However when I try to add a 4th purchase (maybe 20-30 cards, not huge), the Box shipping will jump from $7+ to $11+ for shipping. I must be crossing over some weight threshold that causes a huge jump in shipping. So once I get this Box shipped, I will then start a 2nd Box.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

(04-30-2021, 01:19 PM)jplarson Wrote: I've been a customer there for at least 12 years now.  I've had maybe half a dozen issues over all that time, it's rare.  Every seller I've worked with have resolved those issues no sweat.  I use the Box feature almost exclusively now.  I've rarely had issues with card condition.  At 18 cents for the vast majority of commons it's not a big deal if a few are beat up, I'll still binder them and upgrade them the next order.

It is worth spending the time to try and source from as few sellers as possible to help save on shipping even to Box.
Thanks for the info.  Placed my first box order based on what I've heard so far.  Absolutely love the box idea to save on shipping.

Thank you for this. I had no idea something like is an option. The 5-6 minutes of the video to explain how it works for shipping and when tochoose the Box shipping was very helpful. As someone who values my privacy, it's an added bonus.

One question, has anyone seen any cards for less than 18cents plus shipping there? Or is that some sort of minimum? Every player I was looking for was a minimum of 18 cents.